JCB 800 series?

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
I rember seeing. Video of a county pulling a big in its day Shawnee trailer up a quarry road roaring away hell of a nice note.
Wish we had pictures of the things we had when I was a kid , there was a few 800 series been and gone along with most models of county & tw tractors they seemed massive when your a kid but small now in comparison
Yes the biggest county made was a 1884 was a massive machine (188 hp) but against modern tractors very underpowered, a pal of mine has a fendt 936 as a play thing :eek: (360 hp) uses it to tow his traction engine

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Yes the biggest county made was a 1884 was a massive machine (188 hp) but against modern tractors very underpowered, a pal of mine has a fendt 936 as a play thing :eek: (360 hp) uses it to tow his traction engine[/QUOTE]
presumably not on the Queen's highway Mog :rolleyes: :oops: .................. and runs for cover

M

Monkeybusiness

the mention of traccies and transporting plant/non ag loads usually causes a huge furor :rolleyes:

Surely only on his way to a big ploughing job where all machines available are required?

G

Gez_lewis

Old horses seem stronger tho somehow, we used to plough 4 Furrows with 80/90 horse tractors now it's 150/180.
I only wish we had kept our 1164! I still remember the day it left on the lowloader

S

Smiffy

Old horses seem stronger tho somehow, we used to plough 4 Furrows with 80/90 horse tractors now it's 150/180.
I only wish we had kept our 1164! I still remember the day it left on the lowloader

I think some of it is the torque is so high up the rev range now
Claas seem the worse for this they have absolutely no bottom end power
They just want to stall constantly especially if you arnt quick enough onto the throttle when using a loader
Also they are 4 cylinder 160hp

G

Gez_lewis

Yep I think that's the key to it, bit like ford 7710 and 7810 similar hp but the 6 cylinder pulled a hell of a lot harder!

V8Druid

V8Druid

well "there is no substitute for cubes " ... as they say ;):giggle:

S

Stroppymonkey

1701119956354.png

Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Future Classic.
I do have a soft spot for these and the earlier 806C as well . They were the first JCB track machines I drove . They weren’t that good though and the new on the scene early hitachis were faster and more powerful . I remember working a site where we had a uh052 hitachi and an 812 jcb . There was no comparison .

craig

craig

I do have a soft spot for these and the earlier 806C as well . They were the first JCB track machines I drove . They weren’t that good though and the new on the scene early hitachis were faster and more powerful . I remember working a site where we had a uh052 hitachi and an 812 jcb . There was no comparison .
I cant remember if it was an 805 or 806, tracks levers along side the seat with a detent to hold forward and back, and the joystick levers had rods going to valves behind the cab.
I remember the tracking power was rubbish, but the machine was getting tired.

V8Druid

V8Druid

I cant remember if it was an 805 or 806, tracks levers along side the seat with a detent to hold forward and back, and the joystick levers had rods going to valves behind the cab.
I remember the tracking power was rubbish, but the machine was getting tired.
IIRC the 805/6 had the weird boom ram set up, horizontal under the boom base, pushing on the root of the boom.

C

charlie2

IIRC the supers were turbo-ed and bigger pumps .... but don't quote me on that ..... I've seen a mono boomed 814 too;) .... looked different for sure ... the slide boom was a great idea IMHDO (y)
they were a very popular machine range for sure and still have plenty of advocates:cool:
sure the 814s my ex boss had was not turbo just 6cyl perkins 354 i think. sure if they were turbo jcb would have stuck a sticker on them. i liked it myself had hell of a reach on it.