doobin
Well-known member
I reckon it’s about time we had a thread for this. I’ll start.
I managed to put a bucket corner through my Kubota rear tyre sidewall. £390 for a tyre, and no stock, only made for Kubota in that size (315/75r15). I could order from Trelleborg, but special order from Sri Lanka.
Sooooo…. Bit of conveyor belt, a sanding disc on a die grinder and a full tube of tiger seal!
I’ll let it cure fully, dress the edges a bit more and then reinstall with a tube. The theory is good- it’s always the flex that kills a sidewall repair. Tiger seal is an incredibly strong and flexible bond. It stuck to both rubbers like s**t to a blanket.
So come on- post your bodges!
I managed to put a bucket corner through my Kubota rear tyre sidewall. £390 for a tyre, and no stock, only made for Kubota in that size (315/75r15). I could order from Trelleborg, but special order from Sri Lanka.
Sooooo…. Bit of conveyor belt, a sanding disc on a die grinder and a full tube of tiger seal!
I’ll let it cure fully, dress the edges a bit more and then reinstall with a tube. The theory is good- it’s always the flex that kills a sidewall repair. Tiger seal is an incredibly strong and flexible bond. It stuck to both rubbers like s**t to a blanket.
So come on- post your bodges!