Interesting place

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Is it true or bollox that Major back ends are ridiculously strong, and therefore used for tractor pulling?
Yes very strong, and in top gear it’s a direct drive so doesn’t even use the gears..........I think 🤔 :D:D

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
What tractor are you going to use?
Not using a tractor as such, it's a component tractor as in if you use the engine the tractor originally came with and build it to look as close to the original tractor as possible then you can use any transmission and drive axle you want. I'm aiming to look like an 1155 MF

diggerjones

diggerjones

Random pictures from Switzerland
2014-09-06 11.43.20.jpg2014-09-06 11.43.20.jpg8

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
A Major back end is good for 1000hp, allegedly......

@Quattromike , what Allison gearbox have you got on there?
I heard it was a major back end is good for 400hp un modified, and 1000 hp with a good bit of modifications.
I'm not 100% sure what the Allison box is yet, there is numbers on it I'll need to do a bit of homework to see what I got.

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
A few tugs came in yesterday but not had a look at them

You found me a nice drive axle for me project mr @Mogman ? I’ve been looking about but still not sure what I should be looking for,
Ones I’ve seen have bolted on diff and bolted on trumpets with a fabricated center to get the width right I suspect. Plus I think the is something in the rule book about no welding of cast iron parts.
There is a few websites but all seem to be from the states.

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
You found me a nice drive axle for me project mr @Mogman ? I’ve been looking about but still not sure what I should be looking for,
Ones I’ve seen have bolted on diff and bolted on trumpets with a fabricated center to get the width right I suspect. Plus I think the is something in the rule book about no welding of cast iron parts.
There is a few websites but all seem to be from the states.
Not had a chance to look yet sorry

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Big pulling event at BA Country stores this weekend near dunnecht. Who’s going?

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
I went for a lookie, was a good show, apparently the biggest turnout of pulling tractors is scottish tractor pullings history 36 tractors doing their stuff. :geek: They are at it again this afternoon but have chores to get done:confused:

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

I went for a lookie, was a good show, apparently the biggest turnout of pulling tractors is scottish tractor pullings history 36 tractors doing their stuff. :geek: They are at it again this afternoon but have chores to get done:confused:

I’ve been working all weekend or would’ve went for a look 😢 They’re getting great weather for it ☀️

G

Gez_lewis

some id love to build with the kids is a smallish puller.
I keep promising them a project but its a time and knowing what to build sort of a problem.

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
some id love to build with the kids is a smallish puller.
I keep promising them a project but its a time and knowing what to build sort of a problem.
Don't I know it. Very occasionally I turn round an have a spare couple of hours but never have anything planned or organised to move the project forward coz you don't know when the spare time might crop up :LOL:

G

Gez_lewis

i need to find projects to get the kids involved in to try and get them away from the crap they watch on tv and video games!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
i need to find projects to get the kids involved in to try and get them away from the crap they watch on tv and video games!
tough call :( ..... Josh was ten when I first met Pam/him and his sister and I tried hard to interest him in what i did / making stuff / my workshop / motors / bikes / learning to weld/fab/etc., :cry: but no chance against his mates on the gaming sites, etc. :(
he regrets not being more interested now, especially as it's all gone and he now has motivation to learn practical skills ... which he absorbs when ever he has the rare chance and is often on the phone/net with a how do you or a what do you think, etc. ?
Fair play to him, he'll have a go at most things these days and isn't afraid to ask for advice or help. (y)

'Fraid the youngsters just don't seem to be able to see the benefits of learning skills .. I hated maths and especially geometry (I'm of the era when you did mathematics, algebra, trigonometry, geometry, etc. as separate disciplines/exams) and could not see the application at the time :rolleyes: ..... but have used a lot of what I learned, most of my adult life:rolleyes: