Interesting place

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
thought the Tatras were famous for their mono spine chassis with integral transmission ?
1549761005852.png

1549761267269.png

diggerjones

diggerjones

There local to me. They have a stand at the local ploughing match. Some impressive stuff. Think they use fordson major with winches on for recoverys

M

Monkeybusiness

Great people - they dragged a big crane out of a field for me once a few years ago. They turned up with an old Fordson winch tractor and a 6x6 American army recovery truck - proper toys! I didn’t get any pics unfortunately as was having a particularly bad day...

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
I like his winch attachment on the machine dipper(y)

And looking at their bull nose convertions not scared of cutting trucks up(y)(y)

Last edited:
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
If you look at the axle articulation of his trucks looks the same to me👍
was looking at some of the chassis in the workshop section Mog ... looked conventional :unsure:

Mogman

Mogman

was looking at some of the chassis in the workshop section Mog ... looked conventional :unsure:
Yes cause they are scania’s :whistle:
Look in the tatra section ;)

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
IMG-20190210-WA0008.jpeg
got my purchase unloaded this morning.

I only spoke with Robert for a few minutes and it was obvious that V8 bull nose scanias was his main interest.:unsure:

Mogman

Mogman

what you doing with the V8 m8:) what size is it?, is it out of a loading shovel got a drop box on the back of the gearbox:unsure:

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
what you doing with the V8 m8:) what size is it?, is it out of a loading shovel got a drop box on the back of the gearbox:unsure:

I’d like to attemp one of these

3EAD8660-AAA7-48AB-8386-43A3543E6FAF.jpeg

It’s the 540V8. Just need a decent rear diff and we’re up and running :cool:

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
It out of some kinda airport tug which was 4wheel drive.

Mogman

Mogman

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Yep perky V8, 540 it came as standard in a Massey Ferguson 1155. The limit is 9 litre for the 4.5T super sport class. The 540 is circa 8.9 litre. It came with a Allison transmission but not sure if I can use it yet. Also has a 4x4 transfer box that I will need to remove.

G

Grifferr

Yep perky V8, 540 it came as standard in a Massey Ferguson 1155. The limit is 9 litre for the 4.5T super sport class. The 540 is circa 8.9 litre. It came with a Allison transmission but not sure if I can use it yet. Also has a 4x4 transfer box that I will need to remove.
What tractor are you going to use?

M

Monkeybusiness

Is it true or bollox that Major back ends are ridiculously strong, and therefore used for tractor pulling?