Home brew tilty?

doobin

doobin

Anyone got a link to those cheap worm drive rotators? Considering welding one underneath my PowerTilt to test the water. @V8Druid

K

Komatsu

H.E Services have just done the same thing
0044F790-8E12-4926-B044-1B70A2C962EA.jpeg

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
I think it is a good plan, but I have no time for anything from Masterhitch. They are a complete nightmare in my opinion. I cannot believe they sell any to the general public, only to HE.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Anyone got a link to those cheap worm drive rotators? Considering welding one underneath my PowerTilt to test the water. @V8Druid
sorry Ruben, this one went right by me .... those cheap rotators were on Norway's Finn site ... Chinese sure enough though ... I did see some recently for a couple of hundred quid but can't recall where ?? :unsure: ...'Praps Frank @Bucket on wheels could turn them up on Finn .. searching that site with zero Norwegian is not easy ....... IIRC Wee were advertising them Frank

V8Druid

V8Druid

wd7 or wd9 worm drive on Alibaba or this guy lists one he used in his video. Another one built for a U10
another guy was quoting Alibaba as a source, but failed to find the units he was quoting on there ... they're getting huge use in solar array positioning so their prices are reducing from what they were as demand increases

V8Druid

V8Druid

.... 3t fixed rotators for just over 600 quid .....
and that's under 500 quid if you have a VAT no. ........ 25% VAT over there and not payable if you're importing with a reg. no. :giggle::giggle:

mIMG_48672.JPG

V8Druid

V8Druid

wd7 or wd9 worm drive on Alibaba or this guy lists one he used in his video. Another one built for a U10
anyone watch the vid he did 'saving a retaining wall' :oops::oops: ... lot of faith in a few ground anchors ... and bull dogs !! :oops::oops::rolleyes:

M

mart1602

that wall is fooked waste of time ground anchors and rods not even concreted in

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
To be honest, it's a credit to the fact that they seem to realise that things are possible to do.

Whilst that wall is f***ed, the costs of demoing and reinstalling a wall there would no doubt be horrendous. Plus if it gives out the potential to cause serious damage below means something would of had to be done quickly.

Looks like they where there for a couple days. Whilst I'd not be happy leaving that as a permanent fix myself, I'm not there. Every chance that wall is a bit more impressive than concrete blocks!

Got to hand it to em....

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

interesting video tbf.. the universal F word in groundworkers worldwide...😂😂

Antony Holmes

Antony Holmes

I think I would have been happier with a few more of those tie bolts after going to the trouble of digging it all out would seem to me a small price to pay extra

Furniss

Furniss

I think I would have been happier with a few more of those tie bolts after going to the trouble of digging it all out would seem to me a small price to pay extra
I was thinking the same, if there were chance for a few more anchor points then might as well have them while they had chance, and bad to tell put did they get some holes/drainage into the wall bottom before backfill ?