JD450A
Feral as Fk 🐾
Please make it happening yeah.I’ll get him a golden hard hat
Please make it happening yeah.I’ll get him a golden hard hat
Thanks for your kind comments Graham.I went to Lamma and had a chat with Neil and Dirk and it looked like the system could work for me. So we agreed Neil would come out to site on Monday and fit it to a 15m long reach for us to try. I had priced for a run of ten bullet catchers to turn and grade, so seemed an ideal time. Unfortunately only got an order for four of the ten, weirdly not the ones that needed attention the most, but I’m sure they know what they are doing.
Anyway, Neil arrived and fitted it to the long reach and away we went. Took Mark who was operating it a little time to get the feel, but after a bit of encouragement from Neil it was all going fine. Got the jobs signed off there and then with compliments about how good it looked rather than the normal two weeks wait for sign off.
The outcome is that instead of grading approximately with a bit of string or profile boards to get a 34 degree slope we can now grade accurately and in roughly half the time. Had a couple of phone calls to Neil over the next few days as we forgot which button to press to alter setting, but I think/hope we have that cracked. So I have taken a deep breath and agreed to sign up to they system for my three excavators and a spare set of plates to fit a hire machine.
Excellent service from Neil and a very impressive system, especially if you want to swap between machines.
the great thing about the system is it is wireless, so you only need to buy one system and however many attachment plates you needthat sounds like a seriously good outcome Gra ... must be bloody impressive if you're buying three, off the back of a day's trial
ah right ... so 4 sets of mounts and one set of sensors and 'brain' ..... 's okay as long as you don't need to be jumping between machines ... or two people don't need it together ... could see a brawl ensuingthe great thing about the system is it is wireless, so you only need to buy one system and however many attachment plates you need
Both the jobs this week needed two machines, but hopefully one can rough it out whilst the other does the fine work then swap over. Given the time savings I’m hoping this won’t be an issue.ah right ... so 4 sets of mounts and one set of sensors and 'brain' ..... 's okay as long as you don't need to be jumping between machines ... or two people don't need it together ... could see a brawl ensuing![]()
![]()
certainly sounds like it'll make your life a lot easier GraBoth the jobs this week needed two machines, but hopefully one can rough it out whilst the other does the fine work then swap over. Given the time savings I’m hoping this won’t be an issue.
Glad this worked out for you @Grahams. From what you were describing on the phone, I couldn't see why it wouldn't work for you and sounds like it has. Have you had any other bright ideas about how to set up your datums or do you think my method of "bang a few pegs in" and let the idig do the rest will work now you've had a play with it?So I have taken a deep breath and agreed to sign up to they system for my three excavators and a spare set of plates to fit a hire machine.
Excellent service from Neil and a very impressive system, especially if you want to swap between machines.
I appreciated the user insight on the phone. The ones I have tried it on so far have had datum boards along the bottom, so no issues, but for others I’m going to try pegs at either end and a string line to get a nice straight edge. A bit of trial and error.Glad this worked out for you @Grahams. From what you were describing on the phone, I couldn't see why it wouldn't work for you and sounds like it has. Have you had any other bright ideas about how to set up your datums or do you think my method of "bang a few pegs in" and let the idig do the rest will work now you've had a play with it?
Initially I'm starting off with one set. If it proves too much hassle I'll buy more.Are you getting 3 lots of screen cradles and traffic light cradles to save moving those parts over ?
Buy more!!Initially I'm starting off with one set. If it proves too much hassle I'll buy more.
What are you finding tricky to change over Shaun? If it’s just the cables I’ll send you a couple more out. It goes against the grain a little not hiding the cables away. Have you fitted the Perspex mounts?Buy more!!
I find it just a pain as our current site is swamp city and digging around piles so we are swapping over 2 or 3 times a day!What are you finding tricky to change over Shaun? If it’s just the cables I’ll send you a couple more out. It goes against the grain a little not hiding the cables away. Have you fitted the Perspex mounts?
I only expect to swap over once per job max, most times just set up before I go out and use it on the one machine.I find it just a pain as our current site is swamp city and digging around piles so we are swapping over 2 or 3 times a day!
I prefer the mounts on the suction cups at the moment.
2 to 3 times a day? Il send you a spare set of cables out, that will help you. (Late crimbo pressie)I find it just a pain as our current site is swamp city and digging around piles so we are swapping over 2 or 3 times a day!
I prefer the mounts on the suction cups at the moment.