Hi from Nasco

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Hi Neil,
I've managed to move things round, so hope to come and see you and Dirk on the 7th.
I've never been to the NEC before, so do you want to PM me your details in case I can't find you.
Thanks
 
Nasco

Nasco

iDig & Engcon
Great stuff. Hall 12 near Engcon
I’ll send my details through
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
I went to Lamma and had a chat with Neil and Dirk and it looked like the system could work for me. So we agreed Neil would come out to site on Monday and fit it to a 15m long reach for us to try. I had priced for a run of ten bullet catchers to turn and grade, so seemed an ideal time. Unfortunately only got an order for four of the ten, weirdly not the ones that needed attention the most, but I’m sure they know what they are doing.
Anyway, Neil arrived and fitted it to the long reach and away we went. Took Mark who was operating it a little time to get the feel, but after a bit of encouragement from Neil it was all going fine. Got the jobs signed off there and then with compliments about how good it looked rather than the normal two weeks wait for sign off.
The outcome is that instead of grading approximately with a bit of string or profile boards to get a 34 degree slope we can now grade accurately and in roughly half the time. Had a couple of phone calls to Neil over the next few days as we forgot which button to press to alter setting, but I think/hope we have that cracked. So I have taken a deep breath and agreed to sign up to they system for my three excavators and a spare set of plates to fit a hire machine.
Excellent service from Neil and a very impressive system, especially if you want to swap between machines.
 
Nasco

Nasco

iDig & Engcon
I went to Lamma and had a chat with Neil and Dirk and it looked like the system could work for me. So we agreed Neil would come out to site on Monday and fit it to a 15m long reach for us to try. I had priced for a run of ten bullet catchers to turn and grade, so seemed an ideal time. Unfortunately only got an order for four of the ten, weirdly not the ones that needed attention the most, but I’m sure they know what they are doing.
Anyway, Neil arrived and fitted it to the long reach and away we went. Took Mark who was operating it a little time to get the feel, but after a bit of encouragement from Neil it was all going fine. Got the jobs signed off there and then with compliments about how good it looked rather than the normal two weeks wait for sign off.
The outcome is that instead of grading approximately with a bit of string or profile boards to get a 34 degree slope we can now grade accurately and in roughly half the time. Had a couple of phone calls to Neil over the next few days as we forgot which button to press to alter setting, but I think/hope we have that cracked. So I have taken a deep breath and agreed to sign up to they system for my three excavators and a spare set of plates to fit a hire machine.
Excellent service from Neil and a very impressive system, especially if you want to swap between machines.
Thanks for your kind comments Graham.
Glad that you managed to save so much time on the first time of trying the system.
See you on Tuesday to install your other machines
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
that sounds like a seriously good outcome Gra ... must be bloody impressive if you're buying three, off the back of a day's trial (y) :cool:

did a similar thing when I bought my first belt grinder ... guy (who i'd dealt with for years and had been trying to flog me one for 18 months) brought one for me to try ... he didn't take it away ... just an order for a second one .... it sold itself in minutes (y):cool:
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
that sounds like a seriously good outcome Gra ... must be bloody impressive if you're buying three, off the back of a day's trial
the great thing about the system is it is wireless, so you only need to buy one system and however many attachment plates you need
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
the great thing about the system is it is wireless, so you only need to buy one system and however many attachment plates you need
ah right ... so 4 sets of mounts and one set of sensors and 'brain' ..... 's okay as long as you don't need to be jumping between machines ... or two people don't need it together ... could see a brawl ensuing :giggle: :ROFLMAO:
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
ah right ... so 4 sets of mounts and one set of sensors and 'brain' ..... 's okay as long as you don't need to be jumping between machines ... or two people don't need it together ... could see a brawl ensuing :giggle: :ROFLMAO:
Both the jobs this week needed two machines, but hopefully one can rough it out whilst the other does the fine work then swap over. Given the time savings I’m hoping this won’t be an issue.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Both the jobs this week needed two machines, but hopefully one can rough it out whilst the other does the fine work then swap over. Given the time savings I’m hoping this won’t be an issue.
certainly sounds like it'll make your life a lot easier Gra :cool:
 
Gunners

Gunners

Well-known member
So I have taken a deep breath and agreed to sign up to they system for my three excavators and a spare set of plates to fit a hire machine.
Excellent service from Neil and a very impressive system, especially if you want to swap between machines.
Glad this worked out for you @Grahams. From what you were describing on the phone, I couldn't see why it wouldn't work for you and sounds like it has. Have you had any other bright ideas about how to set up your datums or do you think my method of "bang a few pegs in" and let the idig do the rest will work now you've had a play with it?
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Glad this worked out for you @Grahams. From what you were describing on the phone, I couldn't see why it wouldn't work for you and sounds like it has. Have you had any other bright ideas about how to set up your datums or do you think my method of "bang a few pegs in" and let the idig do the rest will work now you've had a play with it?
I appreciated the user insight on the phone. The ones I have tried it on so far have had datum boards along the bottom, so no issues, but for others I’m going to try pegs at either end and a string line to get a nice straight edge. A bit of trial and error.
 
Left hooker

Left hooker

Well-known member
Are you getting 3 lots of screen cradles and traffic light cradles to save moving those parts over ?
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Are you getting 3 lots of screen cradles and traffic light cradles to save moving those parts over ?
Initially I'm starting off with one set. If it proves too much hassle I'll buy more.
 
Nasco

Nasco

iDig & Engcon
Buy more!!
What are you finding tricky to change over Shaun? If it’s just the cables I’ll send you a couple more out. It goes against the grain a little not hiding the cables away. Have you fitted the Perspex mounts?
 
TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Well-known member
What are you finding tricky to change over Shaun? If it’s just the cables I’ll send you a couple more out. It goes against the grain a little not hiding the cables away. Have you fitted the Perspex mounts?
I find it just a pain as our current site is swamp city and digging around piles so we are swapping over 2 or 3 times a day!
I prefer the mounts on the suction cups at the moment.
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
I find it just a pain as our current site is swamp city and digging around piles so we are swapping over 2 or 3 times a day!
I prefer the mounts on the suction cups at the moment.
I only expect to swap over once per job max, most times just set up before I go out and use it on the one machine.
If I were swapping over two or three times a day I’m sure I would end up buying more cradles and wires.
 
Nasco

Nasco

iDig & Engcon
I find it just a pain as our current site is swamp city and digging around piles so we are swapping over 2 or 3 times a day!
I prefer the mounts on the suction cups at the moment.
2 to 3 times a day? Il send you a spare set of cables out, that will help you. (Late crimbo pressie)
We’re planning on doing hire systems soon, so you’d be able to hire a second kit which will be pre-programmed with your data. That may help out with your current situation.
 
Top