Gunns Contractors Ltd

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Hey Doob, how about a review of your new post driver and gas stapler. I have a Paslode stapler which is a great bit of kit, but only fires industrial staples rather than fencing staples. I find I use it more than my paslode nailer for thinner stuff as it holds better.
Graham

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

I presume that your size tilty doesn't have a rotary coupling through it Shaun, so no oil flow to enable a gripper/grab/hyd hitch? :(
otherwise, I see no reason to have to ''step up'' on the control side of things, from your SS15, which you obviously find 'comfortable' enough.:rolleyes:

as you all know, my VA-r [Variable Angle rotator, as I call mine];) is an SS15 type of control system, but with the 4 gallery rotary I've fitted, I have a hyd hitch and Aux. QCs for grab/grapple/whatever, but still run from my proportional pedal feed.

To be able to attach a gripper to mine, I'd either need to have an electrical slip ring facility, through the rotary, to control a 6x2 diverter, for Aux./gripper, in the lower, lower half :rolleyes: .... or install a 6 gallery rotary [which I'm considering, having acquired such a beast, a while back];):)

To run that I'd either have to fit a 6 x 2 diverter, above my rotator, to have an either / or set up for Aux. / gripper, or fit another Cetop3, to control it [I have two extra, spare buttons], which I could use to control either; a.n.other Cetop, or use just a single button to energise a 6 x 2 diverter. The ideal would be the Cetop route, but there'd be a lot of head scratching as to just where I can physically fit it and its associated plumbing .... it's already very tight in the VA-r's body :( ............. and therein lies the issue that Engcon, etc. have ..... space!:unsure:
Even with their ability to manufacture their own manifolds and rotaries to physically fit their constraints, they are still governed by the sheer physical size of the Cetop3 valve blocks and solenoids ... they ain't small :( ...... so incorporating them into small units is damn nigh 'mission impossible':(

going back to the control side of it ..... I know my system is 'old hat/skool', but it's what I am used to and having tried a prop. roller system a few times, I found it incredibly difficult to adapt to .... admittedly I only got a quick 'crack' each time, but I am so used to holding a button, to select whatever motion(s) I want and controlling flow with my left foot, I found myself not letting go of the rollers:unsure::( .... I'd get there with practice, but have no issues with SS15 and am able to control everything simultaneously ..... rotate/tilt/Aux. and even QH if I wanted to ... with the additional plumbing above, it would even be possible to control a gripper simultaneously too...... I'd need an extra left thumb thoug
SS15 is not the devil it's made out to be, by everyone with DC2, etc., but a very flexible, controllable system ;) in familiar hands [and feet] :giggle:

............ Druid puts on tin hat and retires behind blast wall :oops::unsure::LOL:

You are not wrong with what you say. I keep meaning to get around to do a diverter but every time I think about it I usually find something else to do! I have a friend who keeps promising me he will help but we never seem to be available at the same time!!

I agree with you on the SS15. I find my left foot does what it needs to do without a second thought.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
And that lightning girl:p
I suppose V8 liked wolf:love:
V8's never seen it :rolleyes: ..... never have watched a lot of goggle box, unless it's summat real interesting, or a good sci. fi. film ;):giggle:

V8Druid

V8Druid

You are not wrong with what you say. I keep meaning to get around to do a diverter but every time I think about it I usually find something else to do! I have a friend who keeps promising me he will help but we never seem to be available at the same time!!

I agree with you on the SS15. I find my left foot does what it needs to do without a second thought.

what are you going to use a 6x2 diverter for Shaun?

F

fred

Hey Doob, how about a review of your new post driver and gas stapler. I have a Paslode stapler which is a great bit of kit, but only fires industrial staples rather than fencing staples. I find I use it more than my paslode nailer for thinner stuff as it holds better.
Graham

Have a look at the dewalt nailers and staplers. All electric no GAS. I use the first fix one a lot, while a bit heavier than a paslode its much cheaper to run and no messing about with service kits or pissing on the gas cans to warm them up when its cold.

Grahams

Grahams

Have a look at the dewalt nailers and staplers. All electric no GAS. I use the first fix one a lot, while a bit heavier than a paslode its much cheaper to run and no messing about with service kits or pissing on the gas cans to warm them up when its cold.
I have a DeWALT second fix nail gun that fires brads which is pretty good, but it has been superseded by the stapler.
Hadn’t thought about pissing on the gas cans!. Tend to keep the them indoors overnight then leave them in a warm truck until needed. Was much better when you could buy winter gas, but it got banned. I guess in case you used it in hot conditions a really drove stuff in.
Graham

K

Komatsu

OMG:eek: ..... Friday job by the sound of it :rolleyes: .... after all the checks in Gra's video the other day it's pretty remarkable :unsure:
After been round the factory myself and seen how each individual unit is checked and double checked before even been let out of the door, I find it pretty remarkable to??....I think that it took 2 days to instal begs the question to how many pipes were cracked and moved around during the install/fitting and maybe not re-tightened might be more of the right lines to go down.

V8Druid

V8Druid

After been round the factory myself and seen how each individual unit is checked and double checked before even been let out of the door, I find it pretty remarkable too??....I think that it took 2 days to instal begs the question to how many pipes were cracked and moved around during the install/fitting and maybe not re-tightened might be more of the right lines to go down.
certainly a very odd situation, for sure:confused::unsure:

Gunners

Gunners

certainly a very odd situation, for sure:confused::unsure:

I'm not speculating guys - Engcon, having had the thing in bits, have told me there's a manufacturing defect which is why it still leaks out of the tilt ram. Anyway, new tilty on its way to me very shortly so everything will be resolved.

Its taking time but I'm starting to use it without thinking now which is nice and its really showing its ability to save time. Finally started the job I bought it for, I'm creating 40 acres of conservation area as an offset for a new housing estate and its nice to be working in the sun this week, on my own with nobody pestering me or putting stuff in the way! First job is create the car park as the footpaths I've got to do are through wet fields at the moment.
A few photos from the job I've just come off and some of the new site, so far I'm glad I bought the Engcon, if anything its getting me more work than I can handle as builders can see the benefits and labour saving. Currently booked up till June on a mix of price and day work. I can only be in one place at a time though no matter how good the tilty is!

Attachments

• 2019-02-01 08.38.32.jpg
    2019-02-01 08.38.32.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 319
  • 2019-02-05 15.38.16.jpg
    2019-02-05 15.38.16.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 295
  • 2019-02-05 16.15.55.jpg
    2019-02-05 16.15.55.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 260
  • 2019-02-25 15.37.46.jpg
    2019-02-25 15.37.46.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 2019-02-27 16.06.58.jpg
    2019-02-27 16.06.58.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 305
Grahams

Grahams

You obviously work with some builders who appreciate the added value rather than just the baseline hire rate per hour. Glad it is working out for you as it is a large investment, especially in proportion to a small machine.
Graham

Gunners

Gunners

Things are progressing well on my conservation area job. Car park is nearly complete, next week Ill start the entrance crossover as the landscapers are now finished and I can have a week of no deliveries. I've managed to keep to my program so far which was priced at 2 men. Obviously there's only one of me now so I'm now earning double what I used to or in another way, the Engcon has just earned its finance for 6 months in 2 weeks. This one man groundwork thing is harder work than having two of you but loads less stress and seems to be working out money wise just nicely.
Seriously thinking about getting a 2D system now as on jobs like this it could save me time and excess aggregate if I dig too much out. Just need to get a payment in as there's a fair few thousand in the ground already and I want it back in my bank!
For those wondering - yes the now named "leakrotator" is still leaking. My replacement one must also be very wet as 2 weeks ago it was on its way from Sweden. The boat must of been lost to bad weather? To top it off Rory got goodies sent to him which he regularly reminds me of. Obviously I need to learn to lie more about how great the new Xseries machines are:LOL: #nogreenbeaconshere

Attachments

• 2019-03-01 17.36.03.jpg
    2019-03-01 17.36.03.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 218
  • 2019-03-14 08.42.40.jpg
    2019-03-14 08.42.40.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 233
  • 2019-03-18 15.18.13.jpg
    2019-03-18 15.18.13.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 234
  • 2019-03-20 16.46.55.jpg
    2019-03-20 16.46.55.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 2019-03-21 15.33.43.jpg
    2019-03-21 15.33.43.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 2019-03-22 11.32.08.jpg
    2019-03-22 11.32.08.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 292
V8Druid

V8Druid

Things are progressing well on my conservation area job. Car park is nearly complete, next week Ill start the entrance crossover as the landscapers are now finished and I can have a week of no deliveries. I've managed to keep to my program so far which was priced at 2 men. Obviously there's only one of me now so I'm now earning double what I used to or in another way, the Engcon has just earned its finance for 6 months in 2 weeks. This one man groundwork thing is harder work than having two of you but loads less stress and seems to be working out money wise just nicely.
Seriously thinking about getting a 2D system now as on jobs like this it could save me time and excess aggregate if I dig too much out. Just need to get a payment in as there's a fair few thousand in the ground already and I want it back in my bank!
For those wondering - yes the now named "leakrotator" is still leaking. My replacement one must also be very wet as 2 weeks ago it was on its way from Sweden. The boat must of been lost to bad weather? To top it off Rory got goodies sent to him which he regularly reminds me of. Obviously I need to learn to lie more about how great the new Xseries machines are:LOL: #nogreenbeaconshere
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fair play, that looks seriously tidy ..... especially for one man's work ..... the replacement 'leakrotator' is probably awaiting its permit/passport, for the trip into the UK, if you take a look at @Charlie 's post earlier.
I'd not hold yer breff too long :(:(

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
To top it off Rory got goodies sent to him which he regularly reminds me of. Obviously I need to learn to lie more about how great the new Xseries machines are:LOL: #nogreenbeaconshere

Now look here Leaky, I've not lied or falsely advertised any products.... However, if anyone would like there products falsely advertised, Simply send a sample of said product, complete with Hat, Coat or other Merchendise to:
The Completely Non Biased Internet User
R.Sanders Plant Hire
Devon
TQ7 2AH

Gunners

Gunners

The leaky theme continues this week with my 3 month old Navara deciding to spring a leak from its turbo. Nissan on Friday say they have replaced the turbo pipe and this has cured it.... No! Its stopped the leak onto the floor but why is there oil in the intercooler pipe in the first place? "All turbos leak a bit of oil sir" :mad:.... Cue an argument with customer services on Monday:( Been back to the trusty Landrover this week which despite being old, and slow, I still love driving it, never lets me down and I think it tows more competently than these longer wheelbase Jap trucks.

Work on site is progressing well and I've been putting the entrance crossover in. Once again, everything was done on my own including laying kerbs. I used the Engcon lay the concrete bed out, then switched to the grab to place each kerb roughly in place and I just had to shift it the last few cm's and knock them down to level. I've kept to my schedule but with one less man everyday so pretty pleased about that.

I've also taken delivery of a grading beam. Different design to most but its been recommended by a couple of "high profile" mini users. The design makes it a bit easier to handle, saves weight and gives a decent amount of reach and wow does it speed up levelling tasks. Looking forward to getting it dirty on the 400lm of footpath I've got do put in on this job.

We also had to say farewell to an old faithful friend this week. Several years ago this wacker plate was pulled from a skip on a site I was on as it was virtually brand new and I was young and naive about just how terrible Chinese machinery could be. I got it running by working out the choke sticker was the wrong way round, hence it kept flooding. Its done me several years service since, the gearbox used to leak oil (doesnt everything I own...!) but that stopped when it ran out of oil to leak and since then its been reliably terrible but does the job. For some unknown reason, it decided it didnt want to run anymore - even with easy start. This was put down to an air leak between the carb and the cylinder head which was duely "fixed" with Silicon. Then it started but the pull cord flew off - so I fixed that then the next pull the starting ratchet completely died, springs went everywhere and I've had enough. Rory has suggested replacing the engine with a hydraulic one and fixing it under the Engcon - tempting but I think I've had all the value out of this one, its cost me £0 and saved me £100's and sometimes you need to know when to quit!

Last but not least, for all the secret part time farmers on here, is my Massey 240 which has been in the workshop all winter and has come out a really tidy and usable machine. All the electrics and dials now work and most crucially - it doesn't leak oil!... For now.:sneaky:

Attachments

• 2019-03-27 09.19.09.jpg
    2019-03-27 09.19.09.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 249
  • 2019-03-29 16.33.46.jpg
    2019-03-29 16.33.46.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 214
  • 2019-03-27 16.41.22.jpg
    2019-03-27 16.41.22.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 263
  • 2019-03-28 16.20.27.jpg
    2019-03-28 16.20.27.jpg