V8Druid
do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
some tool that
..... interesting bucket 
Yes, £450/day +vat for the ecologist. I'm now £350/day+vat which I didnt think was bad in itself. Guess I should have gone to uni after allYeah, but the sickener is I bet the ecologists day rate is higher than yours...
Yes, £450/day +vat for the ecologist. I'm now £350/day+vat which I didnt think was bad in itself. Guess I should have gone to uni after all![]()
Believe it or not, that's EXACTLY the firgure I had in mind! Fuckers. Never mind, when the s**t hits the fan and it all goes south, real skills will still be in demand.Yes, £450/day +vat for the ecologist. I'm now £350/day+vat which I didnt think was bad in itself. Guess I should have gone to uni after all![]()
Believe it or not, that's EXACTLY the firgure I had in mind! Fuckers. Never mind, when the s**t hits the fan and it all goes south, real skills will still be in demand.
Great work as always, have you had any customers complain that its just your self?
I understand the savings your making with the idig and engcon but dont you get lonley?![]()
I'm subcontracted in to ring him up at random intervals and offer abuse.I understand the savings your making with the idig and engcon but dont you get lonley?![]()
Great work as always, have you had any customers complain that its just your self?
I understand the savings your making with the idig and engcon but dont you get lonley?![]()
And are you the boss or the apprentice
Or both do you have to play pranks on yourself ??
There are lone worker alarms and apps for your phone that go through to a monitoring company. Some rely on you being able to call in, but others have shock sensors and alarms if you haven't moved in so long.On a serious note though, I have been thinking about how I get around the lone working issue. Its all well and good until I get an injury at work or trap myself somehow and nobody is around to rescue me or do first aid etc. Or when working around services, you need a spotter really. I know the forestry industry has this issue too but don't think anyone's come up with a proper solution that I've seen.
Nobody has complained yet. They've mentioned it but once they see I'm completing the work on schedule its never mentioned again. Usually its a discussion about the fancy spinning bucket and how they've never seen one before, rather than a lack of labour. I do charge for two men on price work and so if I need someone, the money is there for it but 90% of the time its not necessary. As for getting lonely, I enjoy listening to the radio and podcasts, and helmet tapping with my imaginary friend Wilson!!!
No time for that, got work to do! And I'm only the boss if everything's going right. Fairly regularly, this job reminds me that I am still very much an apprentice when the s**t hits the fan!
On a serious note though, I have been thinking about how I get around the lone working issue. Its all well and good until I get an injury at work or trap myself somehow and nobody is around to rescue me or do first aid etc. Or when working around services, you need a spotter really. I know the forestry industry has this issue too but don't think anyone's come up with a proper solution that I've seen.
This is what a lot of lads use Ollie https://guardian24.co.uk/lone-worker-solutions/On a serious note though, I have been thinking about how I get around the lone working issue. Its all well and good until I get an injury at work or trap myself somehow and nobody is around to rescue me or do first aid etc. Or when working around services, you need a spotter really. I know the forestry industry has this issue too but don't think anyone's come up with a proper solution that I've seen.
obviously had a drier November than we didI then spent 2 weeks digging for a local landscaper. Huge reduction in levels on this job with a new drive going in and complete new garden.
Well you know how it is on the Costa Del Surrey - always summer down hereobviously had a drier November than we didthat looks like summer in the pic.
Thanks Ollie, Ill look into thisThis is what a lot of lads use Ollie https://guardian24.co.uk/lone-worker-solutions/