Quattromike
Well member-known
I came home from work today and thought I'd get the mower hooked up to the tractor and get organised for cutting the hay. But the tractor won't start ! She's a NH 7740, Turns over no bother but no hint of firing, I've checked the fuel filters and sediment bowl and all has plenty fuel and looks clean enough. Slacked injector pipe but no fuel coming, removed injector pipe at pump and no fuel, checked the stop solenoid and appears to be working fine, removed the pipe from the filter and fuel flows out with hand pump. Took out the fitting where the fuel goes in and removed the gauze and cleaned it, was a bit dirty but not blocked, There must be something inside the pump that stopped working or choked or siezed. Anyone offer any suggestions before I pull it off and send the pump to be checked.