Fancy a change of career with Engcon?

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

The Noble Art of Digging
Breakers under tiltrotators. I cannot argue with what Engcon / Robert has stated above BUT in the land of tiltrotators very few run a mini digger with a top hitch due too weight.
How long does it take to swap a bucket on a mini digger without a quick hitch ffs! Have your breaker as pin on, drop tiltrotator and pin breaker on.
Interesting one this, Rob and please feel free to argue away:giggle:

Over 70% of the sub 4 tonne setups we have done this year (and it's a lot) have been twin hitch:eek: I think part of its to do with the breaker issue but our S30 hitch only weighs 19kg. I wouldn't choose to do repetition curls with it, but it's entirely manageable.

Hydremaduck

Hydremaduck

Interesting one this, Rob and please feel free to argue away:giggle:

Over 70% of the sub 4 tonne setups we have done this year (and it's a lot) have been twin hitch:eek: I think part of its to do with the breaker issue but our S30 hitch only weighs 19kg. I wouldn't choose to do repetition curls with it, but it's entirely manageable.
Only going on comments from lads running sub 8t machines in Scandinavian countries. It should also be noted that time and technology has moved on in 5yrs with hitches no doubt getting more compact and excavator manufacturers offering shorter dippers so whether those same lads would do same today, who knows.

For me, it takes less than a couple of minutes to swap buckets without a quick hitch and if weight was an issue its probably the way I would go. Pin on unit with a pin on breaker. ;)

Hydremaduck

Hydremaduck

I like that, very nice, would of been perfect for filter drain work.
Its what I was looking at having made, tapered to 200mm wide at bottom BUT as nobody seemed capable of making a decision about fin drain or where we were going next I continued the way I was doing it with 18" and tucking it into 1 side.

Antony Holmes

Antony Holmes

can i just say if i was specking up a new excavator today and new tilti today i would be changing a few things, 4 years ago info on the hole concept of tiltys was not as freely available and some of the advice from some in the in the plant game was not what it may have been, but today it is different loads of info and advice for a start i would go for a top hitch and not direct mount, i have enquired about a s30-180 top hitch but i will need to change the top bracket on my rototilt as well so £1000.00 for a manual hitch another £700-800 for the top bracket for the rt10 rototilt quick release fittings, so a couple of grand. next time i will know better and i may even get it right !

F

fred

would be great if engcon brought the dc oil system to the mini's then its problem solved.

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
High flow and ec oil on the smallest systems would get me to swap both my small ones in straight away. Changing powered attachments as easily as changing a standard bucket and having enough flow to use all my attachments under the head rather than running off the breaker circuit would be a great leap forward.
Graham

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
To be fair, its only sat reading this now that I get to put the missing pieces to the jigsaw that had me utterly confused :unsure: some of the sales patter I've had the last week or so :p:rolleyes: and I've already got a tiltrotator :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
@Hydremaduck have I sold you on the concept yet?

Hydremaduck

Hydremaduck

.......... if i was specking up a new excavator today and new tilti today i would be changing a few things, ................... for a start i would go for a top hitch and not direct mount, i have enquired about a s30-180 top hitch but i will need to change the top bracket on my rototilt as well so £1000.00 for a manual hitch another £700-800 for the top bracket ............ !
I'm going to sound like a salesman now :geek:

You are much wiser and much more aware of who and what to trust. ;)
Thinking about a previous comment in this thread ( might have been another I read yesterday) "cannot get enough second hand units"!
Have you considered upgrading your tiltrotator (irrespective of manufacturer) to get exactly what would work best for yourself?

I agree, start swapping tops of units etc can get into silly money very quickly and you still have a used unit. Not that there is anything wrong with that BUT for X expense you could possibly have "exactly" what you want rather than "making do" & a new unit to boot. Just a thought (y)

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

The Noble Art of Digging
would be great if engcon brought the dc oil system to the mini's then its problem solved.
High flow and ec oil on the smallest systems would get me to swap both my small ones in straight away. Changing powered attachments as easily as changing a standard bucket and having enough flow to use all my attachments under the head rather than running off the breaker circuit would be a great leap forward.
Graham
I know, I know.......;)

The EC-Oil system has been developed for the biggest markets first - naturally enough. When we bring out newer versions it's generally in the following order: QS60 first (12-19t),then QS45 (6-12t),then QS70 (19-30t),then QS80 (30-40t). There may be a QS40 sometime, but that decision is above my paygrade.:whistle:

However, the smaller units do have issues which are a direct result of the fact that they are, er......small.o_O A smaller hitch has less room to put the EC-Oil blocks in, and a smaller tilty has a smaller swivel which, in turn, means smaller galleries through which you can get the oil down to the attachment under the tilty. This means that high flow attachments such as flails will struggle under smaller tilties. I believe I am correct in saying that John Robotham (Robotman on CEF) went for an EC214 on his Zaxis85 because the 214 has a high-flow swivel as standard. For this reason it is sometimes worth considering an EC206 twin hitch on a 4t machine :eek: because you get the EC-Oil as standard whereas the S40 hitch doesn't have this system.

Antony Holmes

Antony Holmes

I'm going to sound like a salesman now :geek:

You are much wiser and much more aware of who and what to trust. ;)
Thinking about a previous comment in this thread ( might have been another I read yesterday) "cannot get enough second hand units"!
Have you considered upgrading your tiltrotator (irrespective of manufacturer) to get exactly what would work best for yourself?

I agree, start swapping tops of units etc can get into silly money very quickly and you still have a used unit. Not that there is anything wrong with that BUT for X expense you could possibly have "exactly" what you want rather than "making do" & a new unit to boot. Just a thought (y)
to be honest it have given this a lot of thought but i think i will have to see what deal i can get when i change my machine i have a fancy for the new TB225 i will be trading down a bit so may be able to get a deal then