Engine Warning light

Furniss

Furniss

Tried disconnecting the battery via the isolator and left it for a few hours - did it twice and light still on - will it be worth a try disconnecting battery because tacko is still live with isolator in off position ?

Thanks Gecko but truck isnt due a service and its not a daily its an Eurocargo 7.5T .............I will give it a try but wont hold my breath.

S

Smiffy

Yes disconnect battery fully both negative and positive and hold the 2 together will fully discharge the system of any residual current

Furniss

Furniss

Tried the batteries disconnected and touched together then left for 10mins and still same :( can live in hope.... might go off on way to job in morning now or maybe not as its about 500yard :)
Sat morning job by the looks of it.

G

Gecko

Tried the sequence and it didnt work.
Pity - would have been an easy fix.
I hadn't failed to notice the difference in models, but sometime the ECU's are very similar.

Does the Eurocargo have an OBD2 port? (I think they use a 30 pin plug)
A fault flag can be cleared with an adapter (bluetooth, USB or wifi) to an laptop or phone, or a reader
1567711641383.png

(not a recommendation for that particular device)

Furniss

Furniss

Pity - would have been an easy fix.
I hadn't failed to notice the difference in models, but sometime the ECU's are very similar.

Does the Eurocargo have an OBD2 port? (I think they use a 30 pin plug)
A fault flag can be cleared with an adapter (bluetooth, USB or wifi) to an laptop or phone, or a reader
View attachment 8786

(not a recommendation for that particular device)
Thanks for the reply...................I dont know if it has a OBD2 port or not and cant find any info on net - will have a look sat morning

pettsy

pettsy

and what prey tell isVCDS?:unsure:
It’s aftermarket diagnostic software and Obd cable for vag group cars. Allows almost dealer levels of fault finding, logging and coding. I’ve had mine about 10 years and still get free software updates. Not sure how much genuine cables are nowadays, there’s usually copies on ebay.

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

It’s aftermarket diagnostic software and Obd cable for vag group cars. Allows almost dealer levels of fault finding, logging and coding. I’ve had mine about 10 years and still get free software updates. Not sure how much genuine cables are nowadays, there’s usually copies on ebay.
FWIW, I've used a new system called ODB11 which is a bluetooth enabled plug and associated app. From memory it cost around £40 and so far I have been able to remove the most annoying of the factory features from my Audi - start/stop, seatbelt nag, etc. Also enabled the n/s mirror dip on reversing and the tailgate close switch in the driver's door (why these weren't on in the first place eludes me). Recommended (by me personally - not by Engcon :))

Last edited:
Furniss

Furniss

FWIW, I've used a new system called ODB11 which is a bluetooth enabled plug and associated app. From memory it cost around £40 and so far I have been able to remove the most annoying of the factory features from my Audi - start/stop, seatbelt nag, etc. Also enabled the n/s mirror dip on reversing and the tailgate close switch in the driver's door (why these weren't on in the first place eludes me). Recommended (by me personally - not by Engcon :))
Sounds very handy.................Is this system brand specific ie does it need software relevant to Iveco in my case ?

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

Sounds very handy.................Is this system brand specific ie does it need software relevant to Iveco in my case ?
Brand specific, I'm afraid. The one I referred to applies to VAG vehicles and offers different levels of customisability (if that is a proper word) according to whether you have an A6 or a VW transporter. I believe the VCDS system is more generic but you need to know the coding.

pettsy

pettsy

Brand specific, I'm afraid. The one I referred to applies to VAG vehicles and offers different levels of customisability (if that is a proper word) according to whether you have an A6 or a VW transporter. I believe the VCDS system is more generic but you need to know the coding.
Vcds is only for vag group vehicles. My mate who’s a hgv mechanic uses Texa diagnostics kit iirc

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
cheers guys ... all sounds way above my pay grade TBH :rolleyes: .... I can set up a set of 40's, balance a V8 on SUs to a gnat's whisker, and happily play with flap valve or hot wire EFi systems :) ... but once it got digital :eek::eek: and OBD stuff is about 2 decades too late for my skill set :cry: :unsure:

Furniss

Furniss

Ended up at the dealers - after a good hour trying to sort out the connection they managed to turn off the warning light - apparently it had thrown up all sorts of errors when the batteries went flat :rolleyes:
Could do with another level of intelligence that recognises that the errors are due to the batteries being flat ... or is that too much to ask :unsure:

anyhow nice little 45 quid everytime they plug someone in.