Druidic Dabblings and General Twaddle !!

Mark

Mark

Or leave it 😂

thats what I would do 😂Remember spending two days trying to take a pin out a cat 345 bucket, Balfour Beatty safety man took a dislike to single locking quick hitches. Offered to weld the safety pin in so it could never come undone but that wasn’t good enough.120 mm pin, had to heat it up and chap it out using a drift and the stick on the machine plus a lot of heat.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
well I gave up with b'stard, yesterday ... had had the press on it all night and hadn't budged ..
WP_20200602_12_14_16_Pro.jpg

well almost ... knocked the pin back in with the sledge, after i'd laid it back down
WP_20200602_12_27_21_Pro.jpg

din't take a lot either :unsure::confused:
so picked it into the shade
WP_20200602_12_45_59_Pro.jpg

and gave the end of the pin a going over with the die grinder ..
WP_20200602_13_30_46_Pro.jpg

and it STILL wouldn't go any further with me BIG sledge ...... reckon this has had a serious 'dubbing' at some time in its life ... or it's 'picked up' but i had had enough .. bigger tools required :mad:

so it got a coat of 'not so ..... ' and put aside :rolleyes::censored:

Me mate Simon rang shortly after looking to blag some 50mm BDMS ... been let down with a delivery and was in dire need to make up a shaft for one of his brother's machines, crucial to production .....
WP_20200602_16_11_50_Pro.jpg

..... had some here so he headed my way .. with a detour to the boys in Raglan, who'd rung to say me seals'd arrived :giggle::giggle:
WP_20200602_16_12_47_Pro.jpg

Simon got 'quarantined on the lawn for a cuppa ... and these got quarantined on me bench, 'til this afters ..
Bag lifter got a 'flight' back to ....
WP_20200602_16_57_37_Pro.jpg

.... its usual home ... from the bench, as I needed the space ...
to park this on whilst it got cleaned and tarted
WP_20200602_19_23_57_Pro.jpg

WP_20200602_19_24_13_Pro.jpg

'fore getting parked with t'other gear,
WP_20200602_19_29_21_Pro.jpg

so's I could take the head off it for some boss welding and cleaning, 'fore it too gets a coat of shinier tish

peeing down here all day and bloody cold with it ... the drop from 25 to 8C was 'noticeable' today :cry: .. these got let out the bag this afternoon
WP_20200602_19_59_25_Pro.jpg

and installed in the cylinder cap ..... took some getting in the thick 'un did :oops::oops: .... but in it went :sneaky: .. and the rod went back together .. indoors
WP_20200603_14_08_20_Pro.jpg

followed by its mate .. the cylinder
WP_20200603_14_32_31_Pro.jpg

had to blow the end cap back out against the spring ring clip, which was also a right bar steward to get back in it's 'domicile' :mad:was some spring ring !!

's all hung up drying this evening ...
WP_20200603_16_48_00_Pro.jpg

a noticeable difference in drying times at 8C .... this stuff's second coat dry in an hour at 24C ... not today it wasn't :(:(
drier tomorrow - apparently, but not massively warmer ... should have the Cranab back together tomorrow (y):)

we were talking hoses somewhere , recently and said i'd had some very reasonably priced rubber from a guy on ebay ... this is one of 'em ....
bugger .. out of pix again ..... :censored::giggle::giggle:
will have to be fotobucket:rolleyes::(

nice flexible pipes these (y):giggle:

ON EDIT ... just found the link
agreed ..... I've also had some hoses off a guy on ebay who is very well priced too ... he has a long standing ad on there for them ... this bloke ... he's gone up a quid a hose ... IMHDO they're not dear and he will make you what ever you want

Last edited:
V8Druid

V8Druid

anyone know if Ollie Kitchin's alright? not logged in here in 16 days :unsure: .. not like him, not to have summat to say :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

Happy birthday Graham
I'm working on a present in between the work and rain showers

A clue
Its is red hot as it is made

V8Druid

V8Druid

thank you guys (y) .... 21 again ... X3 exactly :LOL: ... WTF has it gone?? :unsure::unsure:

V8Druid

V8Druid

thanks guys ..
thank you guys (y) .... 21 again ... X3 exactly :LOL: ... WTF has it gone?? :unsure::unsure:

socially distanced birthday lunch ........... us indoors and Clara and co. outside the rear french doors ... too windy on the patio :cry:

WP_20200605_13_44_01_Pro.jpg

WP_20200605_13_44_21_Pro.jpg

WP_20200605_13_43_46_Pro.jpg

been 'kin cool here today .. 30mph winds .. sun's been lovely, but getting out of the wind has been 'tricky' ... sod's law after all the nice weather ... and then it pee-ed down for 5 minutes, just as we'd finished :rolleyes::mad:
Clara doesn't seem to mind, whatever the weather, as long as she gets to see us ...
WP_20200605_14_16_52_Pro.jpg