Druidic Dabblings and General Twaddle !!

Powerfab

Powerfab

I prefer "twaddle" to drivel , but to each his own :D
[Rory will have to go look these up]

I wonder will this become the monster your previous "Druidic" thread became on the other forum :unsure:
Anyway, looking forward to whatever gets posted.

Nig

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I prefer "twaddle" to drivel , but to each his own :D
[Rory will have to go look these up]

I wonder will this become the monster your previous "Druidic" thread became on the other forum :unsure:
Anyway, looking forward to whatever gets posted.

Nig
Looking forward to watching this develop!

Cheers guys;) .... now WTF could I not bring that excellent word to mind earlier :rolleyes: :( ... i agree ... a much better choice ... see if I can change it :unsure::unsure:

V8Druid

V8Druid

Yay !! :giggle::giggle: 'edit thread' ... what a feature:love: (y) :cool: .... been living with a typo on my main thread on CEF, since I pressed post ..... a seriously long time ago :mad:

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Sorry Druid your too slow I'll start you off with what I've been doing tonight, can you guess 😊
IMG_20180907_210649.jpg

V8Druid

V8Druid

OK .... this might jump about a bit for a while:cautious: ...... 'til I get 'settled in' :giggle:(y)

little job today for Alex's Lloyd screener ..... needed a mount that'd take various cheek sets .... the primary one being one of my S50s I made for him a while back..

WP_20180130_16_08_59_Pro.jpg

WP_20180130_15_51_48_Pro.jpg

this one to be exact:) .... although they all have roughly similar mountings:rolleyes:

WP_20180131_16_40_24_Pro.jpg

the S50s are the same width as the Lloyd mounting centres .... as in EXACTLY :( ..... those 6 x M20 bolts sit precisely under the S50 cheeks :mad:

WP_20180814_16_22_07_Pro.jpg

so ..... spacer plate required with all mounts tapped into it

M20s to mount the spacer adapter

WP_20180907_14_23_24_Pro.jpg

and M16s for the S type

WP_20180907_15_23_02_Pro.jpg

had to fit the tags to carry the plumbing/valves, as they originally fitted under the M20 bolts holding the tiny head plate it arrived with.

WP_20180907_15_57_16_Pro.jpg

so we were ready for a trial fit

M20 SHCS,s were a mil. too long so had to grind them off flush :rolleyes: ..... other than that :cool:(y)

WP_20180907_16_16_53_Pro.jpg

Ross .... why only 10 pix mate???:(:unsure: Maskinisten's unlimited :giggle::p ... gonna have to have a second post now ;):p

Attachments

• WP_20180907_17_22_29_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180907_17_22_29_Pro.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 270
V8Druid

V8Druid

OK .... can't see HTF to delete that thumbnail in the last post and wasn't showing in the upload list ? :unsure:o_O ..... so ignore it ...cos it's here instead :giggle:

WP_20180907_17_22_29_Pro.jpg

perfick :giggle::giggle:

WP_20180907_17_22_12_Pro.jpg

had to tweak the plumbing a bit to get things to sit right ..... but it'll do .............. nicely :giggle:(y)

WP_20180907_17_22_20_Pro.jpg

mount hole sets are std kinshoffer 140mm x 140mm ctrs x 4no and 175mm PCD x 6no ...... same as all his other att.s .... keep it standard. ;):giggle::cool:(y) ... and guess who else uses those 'standard' mount dim.s :rolleyes:;):LOL: on his att.s too :giggle::sneaky:

V8Druid

V8Druid

You might have to move the valve as it will catch on the gripper if he has one.
I had thought about that Aiden :cautious: ....... should just about clear ..... on backwards ;) ...... maybe even the right way round :unsure: ..... or drop it off :whistle:
31234980_10160382051105088_7235802313481256960_n.jpg

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Shame you put S50 hitch on it.....I am on S30! Always liked the look of these buckets but haven't managed to save enough £££

V8Druid

V8Druid

Shame you put S50 hitch on it.....I am on S30! Always liked the look of these buckets but haven't managed to save enough £££
It'll take an S30 too Shaun ;)... or anything else that needs to be made for it .... Alex intends to hire it out, when he's not using it, hence the need for ease of interchange-ability :whistle: without too much faffing :sneaky:..... just have to make a cheek set to suit and bolt it on (y)...... it's a hell of a bucket though .....was advertised/bought as a 2 to 6 tonner ..... think 2t is a bit optimistic .... by a lot :eek: not going to look out of place under his 12MXT Mec

V8Druid

V8Druid

I'll have you know that I'm a highly respected merchant in both fields.
but are you a practitioner too Rory :giggle::p .... dealing in dabble and twaddle is not the same as being a fully fledged dabbler, fluent in twaddle :LOL::LOL:(y)

V8Druid

V8Druid

it's just gone off for a trial fit :unsure: .... see if anything else needs tweaking, but hopefully not.:) ..... unlikely to be run under the SMP anyway, by the sound of it, :rolleyes: as the flow rate is pretty serious :eek:

WP_20180908_12_01_52_Pro.jpg

WP_20180908_12_04_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20180908_12_04_53_Pro.jpg

it may be called a "Nanostar" .... but sod all 'nano' about it :eek:

pissed down just after we got it strapped down:mad: ...... hence i'm sat here :confused:

V8Druid

V8Druid

For those amongst you who've been following my witterings and exploits on't CEF ..... 'tain't looking good :( .... I actually managed to find a new vibe drive belt for me roller this week ..... old one's a bit tired and intermittent on the ol' vibe :(. So managed to put the roller over everything and really get it whacked down ready for the black stuff

WP_20180907_10_41_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20180907_10_41_14_Pro.jpg

oh and the bloody acorn season has kicked off :mad: .... damned things rain down, in some order, when they get going.
Rolling them under the planings ain't an option ...... if you don't want oak trees everywhere :eek:

WP_20180907_10_46_02_Pro.jpg

need to get the black stuff here and spread about PDQ :rolleyes:

and if you have been a regular viewer .... you'll not have seen these before ...... some pix of what I started with .....
IMG_2836.jpg

the ramp to the left got cut in with JakieB ..... to enable a start point for level lowering ...

IMG_2841.jpg

a hell of a lot of this had been tipped/dumped here, from the bank in the foreground of the first pic, :mad: after a retaining wall beside the drive collapsed, after a mega rain storm, ('cos there was next to sod all drainage behind it)o_O, before I bought Chateau Druid :rolleyes: .....
Initially I used a lot of the decent stuff to reclaim the wilderness beside the drive way , which was all shapes of ruts and holes and a general mess .....:rolleyes: with a fair drop, off the black top :oops:
IMG_2846.jpg

eventually got it down to this ... ready for me 40ft boxes to come home .... those pads're level..... even if the camera says otherwise ;)
2014-05-03 07.21.51.jpg

again .... some'll have seen the exploits and shenanigans the day these came in :giggle: ..... anyone wants to see any more of that ... shout !! ;)
2014-05-05 19.44.25.jpg

I'd now gotten to a point where i was findin' some much larger rocks than jakie could deal with and a larger 'weapon' was acquired .... eventually :rolleyes: ..... creating me patch has been an ongoing saga since :rolleyes: ..... which I'm pleased to say, has just about been completed this last week, aside from some 'black stuff' .. 'bout 60 tons I reckon'll do it :giggle: