Druidic Dabblings and General Twaddle !!

Charlie

Charlie

That wheel looks similar to what’s on my rapier trailer (similar to sankey except for rapier missiles). Will get a photo over the weekend.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
That wheel looks similar to what’s on my rapier trailer (similar to sankey except for rapier missiles). Will get a photo over the weekend.
cheers (y) ..... no idea where it's come from, but does look military quality :unsure: .... probably arrived from a farm sale somewhere, decades ago ... they'm like magpies, the two old fellas and thought it'd make a good cuminfa :rolleyes: :giggle:

Cyberprog

Cyberprog

Here ya go Gra, these were the boats moored in the basin when I visited the Falkirk Wheel.
2019-03-29 16.55.03.jpg

And a few shots of the wheel and it's mechanism!
2019-03-29 16.54.29.jpg
2019-03-29 15.59.42.jpg

Also went over the new queensferry crossing - lots of lovely engineering up there!
2019-03-29 15.09.39.jpg

V8Druid

V8Druid

I'd say the yellow one is mine Alex ;) .... had a repaint, but could do with seeing it a bit closer :unsure: ........ some lift that, eh?

1554124015179.png

Cyberprog

Cyberprog

It's quite something - sadly didn't get any closer pics! Was being shouted at!

Delbouy

Delbouy

in light of yesterday afternoon's weather and the forecast for today, we'd planned a day out to go take a look at this ..... :whistle:

0_RJS_ECH_200418_trago_6JPG.jpg

View attachment 1625
DWq5wHDW0AEPSHz.jpg

View attachment 1624

new Trago Mills shop in Merthyr ... it's ****ing HUGE!! :eek::eek:

looks like a Disney creation .... God knows how they got planning for it ??? :unsure:

600 metres long in the main 'hall' :oops: .... stood at the one end you can't make out the other end clearly - where the floor stops and the roof starts :eek:

Been to their other places in Devon and Cornwall years ago and always well priced and stocked with all sorts of interesting stuff (y) .... this one's no different, just on a MASSIVE scale .... picked up a few bits and bobs ... that you'd just not expect to find:unsure: ... like boxes of M20 nuts, - got a great range of fixings :).. huge tool selection .... all sorts of stuff and well priced, as usual.;)

Nice roast turkey lunch - I love turkey and again very well priced !!:rolleyes:

wild old day though .... front sliding doors blew in as I was heading out of 'em :oops:... caused a bit of a panic with the staff :giggle:!! think they may need a rethink on them :rolleyes:.... some screening might be in order outside the entrance or they're gonna be sorting them on a regular basis ..... but if they will build in Merthyr!? ..... LOL:LOL::ROFLMAO:

@Regy53 ----- Ross .... tried to load these images as links -- show in preview but not in the post - have had to copy/paste them in ???? :unsure::unsure:

ON further edit ........ damned if those links haven't come up ..... almost an hour after posting :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
The Trago down in Cornwall never had planing permission on it, all he did was kept telling them to piss off, (it’s my land and I’ll do what I want with it).
Seems to have worked as it’s still there as it was originally.

V8Druid

V8Druid

The Trago down in Cornwall never had planing permission on it, all he did was kept telling them to piss off, (it’s my land and I’ll do what I want with it).
Seems to have worked as it’s still there as it was originally.
excellent :LOL::LOL:

V8Druid

V8Druid

been a crap week in Druid central .... up in the roof space Sunday afternoon, wrestling the 10mm armoured into place in an isolator ....

WP_20190331_17_40_02_Pro.jpg

got it tailed in and out and suddenly thought .... " get out o' here 'fore you pass out " shut the hatch and left it all .... would've taken some getting out of there unconscious ....
dunno WTF it is? Whether i picked up summat in't roof space, which is real tight and not been in there in maybe 5 years:confused: or some other bug, but've felt totally s**t all week ... so sod all done .....

this happened Thursday morning :eek:
WP_20190404_09_21_34_Pro.jpg

40mm in 90 minutes :(..... then it pee-ed down :giggle::giggle:

WP_20190404_13_10_12_Pro.jpg

all gone by tea time:) .... here anyway .... hills have only cleared this morning - just about (y)

these fell off the back of a truck on the patch earlier :giggle:

WP_20190406_14_13_17_Pro.jpg

.... Dylan's truck to be precise :):cool:
Have had Diggerjones and his lovely wife and daughter land on a flying visit, 'en route' elsewhere, local-ish .... such a pity they didn't have more time for some Druid hospitality :( .... hopefully some other time soon, when they have more time ;) ... lovely people and the great guy I thought Dylan'd be, from all our previous comm.s (y):cool:

Plus he really spoiled me :giggle: with a .........

WP_20190406_14_13_43_Pro.jpg

Yanky version :cool:(y)
WP_20190406_14_14_25_Pro.jpg

WP_20190406_14_13_29_Pro.jpg

would still love to know where the hell mine went ?????? :unsure:

So a BIG thank you to Mr Jones, all round ..... see if I can't find t'others I have, for a photo-call some time:LOL: ... they got to be in one of two boxes ... or I've lost 'em :unsure::whistle:
sun has put in an appearance today, after two horrendously wet (and snowy) days,:mad: but with a nice drying wind, 'tis a bit on the cool side out there:oops:.
Got a very sore eye, after it burst a blood vessel over night, Tuesday .. no idea how/why :unsure:... but it did and showing it the wind makes it want to jump out of my head :cry:.... so those forks're gonna have to stay put, where they landed, for today :whistle:.... exertion and / or wind chill is a definite no no for a day or three :(

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

You had your blood pressure checked recently Gra?

V8Druid

V8Druid

You had your blood pressure checked recently Gra?
every Monday morning James .... before and after me Hamster juice ;) and at The Heath last month for me 6 mth MOT :rolleyes: .... 125/70 - 65BPM is the usual
have had a bit of a stressful week though, trying to get some crucial paperwork sorted for one of Pam's elderly cuz,s, who really ain't well :(:( ... 's been a long 'puter week

diggerjones

diggerjones

No worries. Went to pendine sands yesterday. Was quite impressive

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Are they letting you race up and down the beach again when the tide is out? Used to be great fun, but then the council blocked off vehicular access.
Graham

V8Druid

V8Druid

yeh tha's a hell of a beach, eh?(y) ..... long time since I've been to Pendine :rolleyes: ............ you hear Babs or Bluebird whispering in the wind ? ;):cry:

7 miles of beach :eek:
1554845432120.png

V8Druid

V8Druid

Are they letting you race up and down the beach again when the tide is out? Used to be great fun, but then the council blocked off vehicular access.
Graham
don't know is the straight answer to that one Gra :unsure: ..... last time I was there some guy in a sierra (yeh was some time ago), left it too late to come off the beach :rolleyes:.... tide was up to the bottom of the slip, this end of the pic ... instead of gently reversing himself into alignment for the bottom of the slip and driving up he took a gert arc out into the water forwards, to align himself and drowned it:( ...... bye bye sierra ..... was up to the dash by the time some guy with a fergy turned up and dragged it out for him ...... and it wasn't long .... comes in fast there :oops:

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
I know they have organised events, but you used to be able to go down on the beach whenever the tide was out and go for it. Not sure if it was just out of holiday season or all year round, but it was fun. The sand is weird the way it drys without many ripples and very firm.
Last few times I have been down there I went to the new land speed record museum to see Babs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babs_(land_speed_record_car) ), but every time I went the museum was closed and looking through the windows, empty.
Graham

V8Druid

V8Druid

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

so what's the film Alex ?:unsure: .... and why haven't I already seen it :LOL::LOL:
Whaaa a man from the land of dragons who never saw the best training film for dragon masters.................................................................

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .... looks like my kind o' fillum (y)

situation rectified (y)..... two bloody brilliant films :cool::cool: ....... fantastic mind to dream them up, fair play :unsure: ...... Squeak has a bit of Night Fury in him I reckon :rolleyes: :oops:.... there are moment when he looks at me, waiting to be fed when he's the dead spit of Toothless :LOL:

diggerjones

diggerjones

Turns out my dad new the guy who dug babs up in the 60s. He lived in capel curig and lecturered in banger North Wales

V8Druid

V8Druid

The Dane decided to play silly buggers last Saturday .... :mad:

spent two plus hours pissing about with it, trying to get the bloody thing to run ... would start, run a few seconds then cut out :mad:

went through EVERYTHING again ... twice :( ..... so many lock outs/cutouts/etc on it it takes some tracing, but I thought we were looking at an ignition switch issue ... :unsure:
so new one sourced and duly ordered ..... ;)
I think it was dropping the solenoid valve in the carb ... after it'd run a few seconds, it'd exhausted what little fuel was between it and the jets and dying ..... :(
solenoid valve was clicking in as crank is engaged and assume it was not maintaining it .... :mad:
had to start somewhere on isolating the bloody fault and the switch was well tired anyway ............... :rolleyes:
was gonna be happy if that cured it, but at least it was a start on the fault finding........... that I thought i'd sorted before

so..... posty brought me a new switch yesterday ..... out with the old and in with the new (y) Dane ran like a watch and started first time :giggle::giggle: ...... this had obviously been giving intermittent issues for some time :mad:
One happy Druid today :giggle::giggle:
14 quid well spent and a Sthil bagged part .... perfect swap for OE spec. ;):)

Grass massacred beside the drive for another week (y).....

WP_20190418_13_05_10_Pro.jpg

followed by the lawn with the Countax :giggle: ..... finally feeling relatively normal again, at last and ready to get going again ......... 'bout bloody time :rolleyes:

spent a couple of hours yesterday clearing up the 'horsey girls' crap, up at the turning area :mad:
horse s**t and straw everywhere ..... forgot to take one 'fore I got going on it ...... but this was 3ft deep in crap .... needs to dry some more now it's uncovered ... flat it over again and could really do with a load of planings over it ....... they're too bloody idle to walk to the back edge and tip their barrows over it ..... words will be had AGAIN !! :mad:

WP_20190417_15_05_17_Pro.jpg

all the big bales gone, :) so a major square up right across and flatted out all the ruts, the traccy boys made shifting 'em ..... was looking 100% tidier afterwards :giggle:
WP_20190417_15_05_24_Pro.jpg

forecast is good and dry for the next 10 days, so a.n.other hour to finish off when it's all dried again and the job's a good un

Last edited: