Druidic Dabblings and General Twaddle !!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
well I sorted the wiring this morning:) .... had a bit of a senior moment when I put the float switch back in last night - the wrong way up :rolleyes: - I blame Simon's phone call :giggle: .... so although I'd actually got power at the loom connector supplying it (the original feed), it would not run :( .... 'til I traced the new loom back to the switch - took it back out - and realised my 'error' :mad:

whilst I'd got all me wiring gear out i thought I'd replace the rear facing roof top lights with the new LEDs I've had sat for ages ...

WP_20190717_17_08_38_Pro.jpg

they're 'kin bright, even in daylight :oops:
With that done, I thought i'd try the pump out, after tidying everything away ......

WP_20190717_17_38_23_Pro.jpg

she was about 1/3rd full, so in need of about 160 litres ...... bloody hell does that pump flow fuel at a hell of a rate :oops: .... once i'd gotten it wet..

self priming, according to the paperwork for it, but was new and 'dry', 'til I decanted what it HAD managed to suck up half the pick up line .... then it was away (y)
did not take long at all :oops: and kept a very careful eye on the speed at which it rose up the tank.
As Stu said ..... the froth could've been annoying ... but stopped it a few inches short of 'full', let it settle a while and went again ... didn't dare let the autostop dictate the stop point :unsure:..... needs a second pair of eyes for that :rolleyes:.... or a remote switch button, on a wander lead, one could knock the pump off with, whilst watching the filler port ;)
would certainly be a good idea;):)

Quickest fill she's ever had .... love it :cool:

couldn't resist one of these for two quid ..... came across 'em on Ebay the other week .... just for the craic :LOL:

WP_20190717_18_12_15_Pro.jpg

WP_20190717_18_12_24_Pro.jpg

every duck should sport one :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Left hooker

Left hooker

Did you take tank lid off while filling my one wants to launch into space if you don't 😂 built in to the tank filler neck gauze is a pop up stick that's got a float on it to say when full as a visual aid

V8Druid

V8Druid

Did you take tank lid off while filling my one wants to launch into space if you don't 😂 built in to the tank filler neck gauze is a pop up stick that's got a float on it to say when full as a visual aid
switched it on then hopped up to take the lid off and have a look :unsure: ..... good job I had a firm hold of it :giggle:.... some sort of pressure built up in seconds :oops: and would've really taken flight otherwise :eek:
it didn't froth anywhere as near as badly as I was expecting :) ... just a little really and only took a few seconds to disappear(y) .... having the toggle switch built into the pump body was very useful :cool:... could control it easily, even after the control unit had been set in motion ... that latches until :- the level switch unlatches it, the 'red' button unlatches it, or the supply to it is interrupted :unsure: (without the motor running, when I was setting it up, could use the isolator to interrupt the supply) ;)
all in all a very successful install :giggle: .... just wish the original had been functional, or this unit had come up five years ago ..... would've save d a lot of faff filling her ,... she's supped a drop since she's been here :rolleyes:

Left hooker

Left hooker

Breather in lid not sufficient enough for high volume filling quickly
Think froth happens most when what's left in tank after a day is hot and new fuel is cold as not been re-circulated all day

V8Druid

V8Druid

Breather in lid not sufficient enough for high volume filling quickly
Think froth happens most when what's left in tank after a day is hot and new fuel is cold as not been re-circulated all day

can say that again :rolleyes:...... 50l/m into a small confined space and the air needs to escape rapid :eek::LOL: ... will see if i can't find an old cap that i can make an extended neck with to clip in for filling ... I know it'll shut off before it 'tops out' .... just need to confine the froth, for it to settle;)

V8Druid

V8Druid

me an' the post office'll be having words tomorrow .....

rory _n.JPG

posted at a post office counter 09.15 Monday ..... paid next day delivery and Rory gets it Thursday FFS :mad::mad:

R

Rob65

4 days - not bad service that for international.

There’s even a bit of water to cross to prove its international.😀😀

Rob

V8Druid

V8Druid

Wales postal service. It is next day to them:ROFLMAO:

probably not that far from the truth :mad: ..... none of 'em know what day it is usually :(

4 days - not bad service that for international.

There’s even a bit of water to cross to prove its international.😀😀

Rob
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: two lots, if you count the Tamar :rolleyes::unsure: ..... I'd have been spitting feathers as well, if they'd incurred any customs' duty :ROFLMAO:

V8Druid

V8Druid

I assume from all the faces on here this morning, that Druid central is not the only place getting persisted on, - BIG TIME - this morning?
forecast says 20C and wall to wall blue sky again tomorrow ... minor glitch in heat wave :rolleyes: :(

Bloody grass'll be ankle deep by Sunday, after this lot :oops:

Cyberprog

Cyberprog

'twas spitting when I left the house, so I didn' tbother with a coat. Got soaked going 10m to the office door.

V8Druid

V8Druid

'twas spitting when I left the house, so I didn' tbother with a coat. Got soaked going 10m to the office door.
rudely awoken :unsure: - early :mad:- getting rained on in bed through the open Velux and wind throwing it in through said opening :( ... note to self .. close Velux a bit 'fore taking to pit :ROFLMAO:

Cyberprog

Cyberprog

I would not be impressed with such a wakeup.

Just bought our first Alexa device BTW - bloody amazing bit of kit for the money - I snagged the Echo Dot for £25, and Helen loves it. Looks like I'll be buying a few more come payday!

V8Druid

V8Druid

I would not be impressed with such a wakeup.

Just bought our first Alexa device BTW - bloody amazing bit of kit for the money - I snagged the Echo Dot for £25, and Helen loves it. Looks like I'll be buying a few more come payday!

I wasn't .... "WTF is that? " thought I :oops:

Alexa, requires good 'net I assume and all sorts of integration?? :rolleyes:

Cyberprog

Cyberprog

I don't think it needs amazing interwebs, but it will need a link to send the commands back and forth.

At present it's just there to ask it questions and do reminders/timers, I'm going to buy some smart plugs and a larger one next. It'll be handy for helen to keep her on her toes - I want it to remind her about taking her meds and so on.

V8Druid

V8Druid

me an' the post office'll be having words tomorrow .....

View attachment 7803

posted at a post office counter 09.15 Monday ..... paid next day delivery and Rory gets it Thursday FFS :mad::mad:

and this afternoon I got a report from said scally wag that they're in/on, the beast is re-assembled and all is well in the Sanders' camp once again :giggle::giggle: .... I'll say hello to 'em again at Welland Rory :LOL:

V8Druid

V8Druid

Coming along... need to sort belt guarding and diesel supply on the roller... But we are close.
...is for those who aren't in possession of that magic ingredient, that those of a certain age grew up with and that kept us alive, with all digits intact .... sensum communem :LOL: ..... with a large dash of instinctus conservationis sui ipsius thrown in for good measure ;)(y)

Looking good BTW Rory (y):cool::cool:

Last edited:
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
...is for those who aren't in possession of that magic ingredient, that those of a certain age grew up with and that kept us alive, with all digits intact .... sensum communem :LOL: ..... with a large dash of instinctus conservationis sui ipsius thrown in for good measure ;)(y)

I fully agree. But it's going to a show where morons have the opportunity to stick there fingers in when it's parked up

doobin

doobin

Unguarded belts give me the shivers. I think thats my instinctus conservationis sui ipsius working overtime.

My sensum communem also keeps butting in and saying 'you could trip and slip no matter how careful you are'.