Druidic Dabblings and General Twaddle !!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
couple Pam took yesterday :giggle:
1627592380869.png

1627592893370.png

busy day today .... finished the cage filling
WP_20210729_12_19_03_Pro.jpg

'fore taking the rest of it down to the woodshed's additional stack .
WP_20210729_12_19_15_Pro.jpg

and slotting it in there .....
WP_20210729_18_28_23_Pro.jpg

still room for some more ... might hopefully get the rest of what's left on't patch in here .... then make a roof for it - keep the worst off it ;)
Pam wanted to wash her Golf off - could i set up the Karcher and give it a try ... manual washing really plays hell with her shoulders and neck and this little thing has a rotary brush which we'd never tried, that'll soap up the car too .... worked really well while I was block stacking ...

Have had SSE's tree gang here this morning trimming back from the lines and they'd lopped some off an ash at the end of our drive - told 'em not to chip it - makes too much mess and they'd not got a vehicle to take it with 'em. So after lunch, I nipped down with the empty trailer and grabbed that lot for the burning bin.

I'd told Pam I'd give the P38 a wash off, while the Karcher was out .... can't remember the last time she had a good wash, so it took a while to get the engrained tree sap and tish off, 'specially the roof ..... but it came up well, as usual ...
WP_20210729_16_44_58_Pro.jpg
WP_20210729_16_45_26_Pro.jpg

amazes me how well these P38s keep :rolleyes: and she's been a good bus ... dunno WTF to replace it with though , so'll have to keep its act together a while longer yet :giggle:

Scoff punctuated progressing the brash disposal, 'bout six, but it all went up in smoke after tea and I cleaned yon trailer out and stuck the new floor board back in a box ... want to give it some treatment 'fore it gets left in there, so thought I'd give it a coat of ali, whilst it was good and dry ... been over 12 months since it last had a coat ....
WP_20210729_19_42_30_Pro.jpg
WP_20210729_19_56_01_Pro.jpg
WP_20210729_19_56_10_Pro.jpg

doesn't take long with the fabricators' friend :giggle: ..... when you've had plenty of practice;)

finished the day off with a syringe full of creosote ...... got something attacking Pam's veggie boxes .... so thought I'd treat em to a few cc,s of 'the good stuff' :LOL:
WP_20210729_20_12_29_Pro.jpg
WP_20210729_20_12_37_Pro.jpg

didn't come out waving a white flag and'll be surprised if they enjoyed a creosote bath ... will have to hoover up the dust and see if any more appears :rolleyes:
Surprised at 'em attacking treated sleepers anyway :unsure:o_O

just started raining here and forecast ain't good overnight and tomorrow morning .... could be a trip out morning ... got summat I have an eye on on FB MP to go take a look at and stick in the Golf's boot, hopefully. ;):giggle:

J

Jimoz

Similar colour and vintage to my e36 druid. Don't ever try to do home chip paint repair whatever you do. I did it the other week what a can of worms that is. Pay the pros is my new motto

V8Druid

V8Druid

Similar colour and vintage to my e36 druid. Don't ever try to do home chip paint repair whatever you do. I did it the other week what a can of worms that is. Pay the pros is my new motto
Rioja red -- the best colour they did for the P38s ...... body work is something I've never gotten my head around @Jimoz ..... totally agree .... tailgate is going to need some work on the bottom edge - steel/ali sandwich never bodes well ... 'swhat knackered the classics :( ..
got some good guys locally that I'll have to have a word with .. trouble is where do you draw the line with a 24 yr old vehicle? Drives like a watch though and as said WTF do you replace it with ???? :unsure: ..... reckon they'll eventually become the next 'classic' ... last of the RRs that actually looked right

S

Smiffy

Rioja red -- the best colour they did for the P38s ...... body work is something I've never gotten my head around @Jimoz ..... totally agree .... tailgate is going to need some work on the bottom edge - steel/ali sandwich never bodes well ... 'swhat knackered the classics :( ..
got some good guys locally that I'll have to have a word with .. trouble is where do you draw the line with a 24 yr old vehicle? Drives like a watch though and as said WTF do you replace it with ???? :unsure: ..... reckon they'll eventually become the next 'classic' ... last of the RRs that actually looked right

You could get a few years newer by going to a disco 2, lots of similar parts though slightly more agricultural.
The only thing comparable would be a Toyota landcruiser Amazon but they hold their money and are ridiculous prices

Cyberprog

Cyberprog

I had a Rijoa red disco 1 300tdi. Loved that truck.

Cyberprog

Cyberprog

You could get a few years newer by going to a disco 2, lots of similar parts though slightly more agricultural.
The only thing comparable would be a Toyota landcruiser Amazon but they hold their money and are ridiculous prices
Disco2 is massively capable. Td5 is very tuneable.

S

Smiffy

Disco2 is massively capable. Td5 is very tuneable.

But only runs to 2003 so not much newer
The proper cruisers in common enough up to 2007 so a little bit newer.
Other than that is only jeeps
Maybe pre 2007 Kia Sorrento, will pull 3.5t but never tried one
Shogun's are very agricultural and few tow 3.5t

GazCro

GazCro

But only runs to 2003 so not much newer
The proper cruisers in common enough up to 2007 so a little bit newer.
Other than that is only jeeps
Maybe pre 2007 Kia Sorrento, will pull 3.5t but never tried one
Shogun's are very agricultural and few tow 3.5t
All old enough for tinworm to be a problem as well.

V8Druid

V8Druid

well me new 220m of rope arrived yesterday and I got to pick up me lil' acquisition .... now to make a carrier for it ;)

WP_20210730_15_52_05_Pro.jpg

these also arrived .... :giggle:
WP_20210730_17_04_22_Pro.jpg

and after a bit of further sanitisation, Charlie was purring again .... old line had a tiny split - virtually undetectable, but enough to cause the issues it was generating :mad:

used to do a lot of work for these people many years ago
WP_20210627_15_05_15_Pro.jpg

WP_20210627_15_05_08_Pro.jpg

not sure whether they became BMC or not .... have had this one sat about for a very long time .... always knew it'd cuminfa ...
WP_20210731_19_28_19_Pro.jpg

WP_20210731_19_28_45_Pro.jpg

cut and rolled hundreds of these at varying widths for Plant Force ... this un's 22" and'll make a nice edged bulker for baby jake

managed to find a piece of 5mm big enough to make some side profiles with ....
WP_20210731_19_47_47_Pro.jpg

if it's dry tomorrow, I might see if I can get it together
WP_20210731_19_52_20_Pro.jpg WP_20210731_19_52_26_Pro.jpg WP_20210731_20_11_59_Pro.jpg
might have to break out some 0.8mm and the MIG :giggle::giggle:

Last edited:
V8Druid

V8Druid

would take some creating at that scale, using stock bits, to still give any useful capacity. Can't imagine 'baby jake' has a lot in the way of spare capability with a bucketful on the dipper ..... haven't used him yet, but from previous experience of 1.5s, they're pretty much a balancing act most of the time, with a decent sized 'spoon' on

doobin

doobin

Why the heck did you chuck all those useful tools away when you cleared out your yard, but keep a random bit of rolled plate?? o_O

it's not even like it was nice and flat for easy storage! :ROFLMAO:

Treated sleepers aint worth a wank these days mate, you're best off using oak as standard. Not much more money to buy really.

R

Rob65

So it’s not just me that’s waiting to see what gadgets Druid is going to make for ‘baby jake’.

I used a section from a scrap propane cylinder when I made a grading bucket for mine. I don’t know what that orange stuff they put on cylinders is but it A) Smells awful when welding & B) Hasn’t worn off yet so must be bloody tough!
I’ve often thought a rotating grab would be useful for handling fire wood for example. I have one two way auxiliary on mine so would probably use an electric motor for the rotation.

Won’t happen anytime soon though as too busy with work at the moment. That’s my way of saying “I’m waiting to see how Druid does it so I can nick his design” 😀😀😀

V8Druid

V8Druid

Why the heck did you chuck all those useful tools away when you cleared out your yard, but keep a random bit of rolled plate?? o_O

it's not even like it was nice and flat for easy storage! :ROFLMAO:

Treated sleepers aint worth a wank these days mate, you're best off using oak as standard. Not much more money to buy really.
as I've said before so many times Doob ..... just couldn't keep it all .... wish I'd kept more of all sorts

Last edited: