Coronavirus

pettsy

pettsy

Heard of a bloke locally who beat it. He’s had cancer 4 times, a stroke and now recovering from covid19!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
know where you're coming from Mart ... it's had three people I know well, one of which was a good friend I've known 40 years ... fit, healthy, no underlying issues, lived down the road from me .... failed to beat it :cry::cry::cry:
got the full story on Roger yesterday, from a mutual friend .... had been poorly at home for 3 days and had developed breathing difficulties, so his wife called an ambulance ... they came, said sorry, but you can not come with him ... was the last time she saw him ... 3 days later he was dead :cry:

V8Druid

V8Druid

"track and trace" ..... 'bout as much use as balls on a nun ... there must be plenty of folk about, like me, who ain't got their phone 'net enabled, or like the missus who ain't got a smart phone ... so HTF is that going to work????? :unsure::confused::rolleyes:

and on another Covid related topic ...... MOT 'extensions' ..... been talking to my MOT mate Saturday ... ;)

this was only designed purely to stop the gov from losing revenue on VED ... no MOT - can't tax yer car ... car has to be taxed to stand on the Queen's highway ... MOT shops were never closed ... just you couldn't take yer motor for MOT, as you were locked down.

It was NOT for driving about on (the extension) ... Neil .. me MOT mate, has two customers who've written their motors off recently ... both due for their first MOTs and on extension ...
Insurers say - - - "Bye ... should not have been driving them.. MOT extension purely for parked up vehicles on the road - NOTHING ELSE !! MOT shops never closed ".

so .. if you're running around on an extension .. get it ticketed, .. like yesterday .. you are almost certainly not insured :oops::oops:

No idea about LGV testing, but worth asking the 'man from the ministry' ... and insurers, to clarify the position !!

as for schools in Wales re-opening at the end of June, for a small percentage of pupils, WTF is the point of that for two weeks ??????? 🤬 .. get a dose of Covid for mummy/daddy/ grannies for the hol.s ????? FFS!! :rolleyes::mad:🤬

Bri963

Bri963

Mine was due 1st April, I didn’t take it in as the MOT station closed the day before. On the YouGov site my car is down as due on September 1st, so according to the government I have an MOT

V8Druid

V8Druid

Mine was due 1st April, I didn’t take it in as the MOT station closed the day before. On the YouGov site my car is down as due on September 1st, so according to the government I have an MOT
I'd still consult my insurers Bri ... Neil runs his own MOT centre so should have a reasonable idea .. and certainly two customers with no motors or hope of getting paid for 'em .... I've known him 40 years ... used to teach him 'metalwork', in school

pettsy

pettsy

Got my workvan and d4 rested as normal. Transit tipper is running on the mot extension at the moment, has some repairs planned shortly.