Cordless Post Hole Auger

F

fred

Good but appears to loose charge quickly on 9ah when not in use 🤷...compressor eats batteries but is so handy. . I'm red normally but DeWalt had compressor and mixer out first . 9in cutoff saw is my fave tool at 85mm cut it's surprisingly good for a 9in. Considering ts410 12in only 100mm

have the same setup, use the compressor with an air nailer for fencing as coil nails are a quarter the price of paslode nails not to mention half the weight.

Also have the same cut off saw for brick and roofing. soo light its amazing. We have the alligator saw for cutting blocks as well. For deeper cuts we have the husqy and its a total beast.

Sites are going towards zero cables so battery is the way to go.

The dewalt 300mm mitre saw which takes 2 flexvolt batteries is more powerful than the mains version, it can pull waaaay more amps.

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

I like the Stihl cordless stuff best for the bigger kit..... just my opinion
This 👆....htf they get such long life out of a battery is mind blowing.

Greta would like us 🤪 all this battery talk.

GazCro

GazCro

Not necessarily, the power loss during charging and use means cordless kit uses more leccy than corded and would probably be even worse of some of the motor tech applied to cordless gear was used in corded. That's never gonna happen though as nobody wants cables dragging around anymore and why would you.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾

At some point in the near future a Stihl 300mm cut off saw and baby chainsaw is on the cards for me.

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

At some point in the near future a Stihl 300mm cut off saw and baby chainsaw is on the cards for me.
I got the 161t and obviously never use it on the ground ...but it's one hell of a scrub clearing tool.

S

Smiffy

Not necessarily, the power loss during charging and use means cordless kit uses more leccy than corded and would probably be even worse of some of the motor tech applied to cordless gear was used in corded. That's never gonna happen though as nobody wants cables dragging around anymore and why would you.

Tbh I don't quite understand it with some kit atleast not until they make hoseless dust extractor

B

Brendan

have the same setup, use the compressor with an air nailer for fencing as coil nails are a quarter the price of paslode nails not to mention half the weight.

Also have the same cut off saw for brick and roofing. soo light its amazing. We have the alligator saw for cutting blocks as well. For deeper cuts we have the husqy and its a total beast.

Sites are going towards zero cables so battery is the way to go.

The dewalt 300mm mitre saw which takes 2 flexvolt batteries is more powerful than the mains version, it can pull waaaay more amps.
The 300mm mitre saw can also be ran off a 110v transformer with the adaptor

F

fred

The 300mm mitre saw can also be ran off a 110v transformer with the adaptor
2 more bits of kit to carry around though...

make do with the DeWalt flexvolt saw in most cases now.

Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

I honestly don't see the problem know that the corded machine have become cordless

55826095_2540554965972358_759329614974681088_n.jpg