Scraperman
Well-known member
Probably a stupid question but my Project 8 3CX has developed what I call a clangy bucket. It's only the 30" bucket that makes the noise as bad as it is, the other buckets are O.K. But I use this bucket for most of my work unless I am ditching or draining.
I put some new bushes in the bucket pin holes but that doesn't make it any better. In fact the bushes, although new, were very loose in the holes when I put them in. I don't have a lathe anymore otherwise I could turn some thin mild steel bushes out sufficient to take up some of the slack, weld them in the bucket holes, and then put the official bushes back inside them.
Is it possible to buy anything like this at all ? I could use thin steel strip but that would be messy. Does anyone know what the I/D of the bucket holes should be and what the O/D of the bucket pins should be please ?
Thanks in advance for any help given.
I put some new bushes in the bucket pin holes but that doesn't make it any better. In fact the bushes, although new, were very loose in the holes when I put them in. I don't have a lathe anymore otherwise I could turn some thin mild steel bushes out sufficient to take up some of the slack, weld them in the bucket holes, and then put the official bushes back inside them.
Is it possible to buy anything like this at all ? I could use thin steel strip but that would be messy. Does anyone know what the I/D of the bucket holes should be and what the O/D of the bucket pins should be please ?
Thanks in advance for any help given.