Case P95 vibratory plow

S

Splosh

Morning everyone :)

I've got a customer with a Case P95 vibratory plow that he bought from auction and now wants fitted to a grey market tracked vehicle ("It should just bolt on....").

Has anyone experience of these, specifically the hydraulic flow rates etc for the vibro set-up? Any advice much appreciated (still waiting for local Case dealer to return my call!).

Cheers, Duncan

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
looks to be some "bolt on" task :oops: ..... and gonna need plenty of donkeys to haul that :LOL:
1631532476158.png

S

Splosh

Exactly! From the only info I've found online it runs a flow rate of 130 litres / min. , so think his machine will either track or vibrate, just not both at the same time.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Exactly! From the only info I've found online it runs a flow rate of 130 litres / min. , so think his machine will either track or vibrate, just not both at the same time.
as Aiden says .... I'd have thought it's going to need its very own pump, tank and cooler and a fair size at that .... My 'Drema flows 230l/m, flat out with a BIG VD pump :rolleyes::oops:

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Hydraulic pump off crawlers PTO, and additional tank and cooler keeping oils seperated and thus problems seperated...... sorted 😉

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
What he needs is a deutz power pack 💪😂😂

V8Druid

V8Druid

What he needs is a deutz power pack 💪😂😂
hoy .... I got my name on that .... transport couldn't manage it last weekend :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ... bit too much on apparently :rolleyes::LOL:

Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
A ditch witch! Or a Vermeer probably would suit it then.

S

Smiffy

Surely it would depend on the base vehicle
As to whether it's hydro drive or dozer style with clutch packs.
And if it is hydro whether it runs seperat3 pumps for tracks and auxiliary.
Also whilst it's going to require a lot of flow I can't see it taking a huge amount of power to run the vibrator it's only a swinging weight it's not actually moving soil it'self it's only to reduce friction between soil particles.
But if it does need extra oil supply then there are plenty of pumps on the market that sit directly on the pto shaft with a chain to a link arm to stop them spinning

S

Splosh

Thanks for the all the replies - been a bit overloaded recently!

The customer is concerned that the size of unit I've spec'd might be too much for his PTO generator to handle so wants me to look at a diesel-powered unit.....

It's an interesting project, so I'll try and keep this thread updated.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Thanks for the all the replies - been a bit overloaded recently!

The customer is concerned that the size of unit I've spec'd might be too much for his PTO generator to handle so wants me to look at a diesel-powered unit.....

It's an interesting project, so I'll try and keep this thread updated.
???????:unsure::unsure:

S

Splosh

The customer is an electrical engineer and one of his ideas was to build his own 3-phase PTO generator to power the hydraulic power pack....

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
The customer is an electrical engineer and one of his ideas was to build his own 3-phase PTO generator to power the hydraulic power pack....

Customer needs to lay off crack.

PTO direct into a suitable Hydraulic Pump, Direct into the Plough unit. Return via a Hydraulic cooler and a Decent sized tank. This will transmit near on full HP of the tractor if needed as the PTO's on the Grey Market Crawlers (Usually Mooroka derived) tends to be Direct shaft drive.

f****ng around with anything extra is a direct and unnecessary route to heartache.

S

Splosh

Customer needs to lay off crack.

PTO direct into a suitable Hydraulic Pump, Direct into the Plough unit. Return via a Hydraulic cooler and a Decent sized tank. This will transmit near on full HP of the tractor if needed as the PTO's on the Grey Market Crawlers (Usually Mooroka derived) tends to be Direct shaft drive.

f****ng around with anything extra is a direct and unnecessary route to heartache.
Yep - I fully agree with your thinking! Unfortunately, the customer is always right (which might account for why he admitted a few companies / individuals have walked away already).