Carter Diggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
Far to many ppl don’t speak up though because oh I can’t make a fuss because I need them to fix it etc, when you scratch surface and talk to ppl you hear about all these problems etc they’ve had with kit and especially tilt rotators but you don’t hear about it other than in private messages etc

so ppl think they’re more reliable then they are or ppl feel precious about their investment so don’t want to be truthful or see it as airing their dirty laundry
 
K

Kerijcb

New member
Hi,

The following is the a true description of the no end of problems I have with a CT08 digger. I would advise anyone considering buying one of these please read this or message me.

I'm not the only one though. Businesses who have bought these machines, certainly the CT08 have got rid. They have all said the same thing they hire the machine out and were waiting for the calls. My machine went out 5 days last week. I had to attend 3 times to fix.

These machines are poorly designed and use cheap materials. Metal I can only describe as plasticine..

Long list of issues include, electrical faults, flat batteries, starter motors failing, Hour meters is a constant failing. I have now come across a major issue that will affect all the CT08's and most likely other machine. The tracks will not stay on. Doesn't matter how many times they are pumped up with grease. After a few days they will be hanging.

I have now found out why the piece of plate at the end of the ram opposite to the idler wheel is like a cross shape. Its only welded on onside. The side the force is applied there is no weld. When force/pressure is applied this plate bends that is a mere 7mm thick bends back towards the idler wheel which loosens the track and off it pops.

These machines are not bullet proof they are cheap Chinese crap.

I would now advise anyone looking at buying a machine. Think twice about anything that has come from China. It is buyer beware.

A fool and his money are soon parted. I am that fool.
I considered buying 1 px my old yanmar b08 for 1 …. Fortunately a very well priced yanmar vi010 came up and I bought that instead ….. I was wary of the carter machines but was thinking for the little I use it for be ok, seeing though I’m glad I didn’t let my heart rule my head….. it’s the Chinese production that put me off
 
M

mart1602

Well-known member
id happily try one out mathew ,im only in fishguard so you could drop it off;)
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Driving through Aldershot today there was a van parked sticking half way off a driveway into the road.
As I got closer I could see a digger seat at a precarious angle.
Looked like a brand new carter had fallen off the ramps coming out the back of a tipper
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
Driving through Aldershot today there was a van parked sticking half way off a driveway into the road.
As I got closer I could see a digger seat at a precarious angle.
Looked like a brand new carter had fallen off the ramps coming out the back of a tipper
Must be those track motors with no brakes! 😂
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Often. I went through formal process with dig***s and hot nowhere.... A drunken tyrade on Facebook and it's sorted to my satisfaction.....

Interesting that this has all gone quiet.....I still want some boxes to build a fort and whilst we are at it I fancy sticking. CT08 beside a aged and abused yanmar for a dig off.
'bagsy' I pilot the Yanmar ....... I'd even flog down to Kingsbridge ....... to get pix of you on the Carter :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
tinydigger

tinydigger

making machines look small since 1980
'bagsy' I pilot the Yanmar ....... I'd even flog down to Kingsbridge ....... to get pix of you on the Carter :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Sorry druid old boy but we all know i am the chef yanmar ct08 and below pilot around here as i act as a extra counterweight although in the last year dropped near 6 stone lol
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Sorry druid old boy but we all know i am the chef yanmar ct08 and below pilot around here as i act as a extra counterweight although in the last year dropped near 6 stone lol
tiny wearing a mini digger _n.jpg
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Driving through Aldershot today there was a van parked sticking half way off a driveway into the road.
As I got closer I could see a digger seat at a precarious angle.
Looked like a brand new carter had fallen off the ramps coming out the back of a tipper

Thats the Chinese Winter Olympics team practicing there Tobogganing ,🤣

I do like these odd outbursts on the forum. A complaint who arrives angry but later deletes his last post @Get Carter a dealer who arrives on horseback to defend his product and then disappears faster than a Liverpudlian who's been asked to pee in a cup @Levelout

Speculatively someone has either been offered money to shut up or been smothered with a pillow 🤣. Either way we as a forum need to find and buy a CT08 to witness the shitness it seems 🤣😂🤣
 
Last edited:
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
As I keep telling callers. Sorry it's off hire at the moment.

I'll post the upgrades when completed.
Might even start a blog.
We aren't interested in the upgrades, we are interested in it's full unadulterated Shitness, that we can Witness and prove once and for all that it's not the Business. :ROFLMAO:

Now how much and where can we pick it up from, and how good is it down a slope?
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
I think it would work best taking the roll bar off and starting if off sideways at the top of the slope 😂

I would say pull the tracks in too but it doesn’t have that option 🙄

The fact that even the person negatively outing them on it refuse to out them makes me think it's really bad #witnesstheshitness :ROFLMAO:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top