Budget

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
painful to watch i can confirm so far while talking drivel the pound is around half a percent down against most currencys.
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
painful to watch i can confirm so far while talking drivel the pound is around half a percent down against most currencys.
im not the only one watching it then...🧐up against the eur tbf atm
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
to be fair there was never going to be anything we diddnt really know about in there so expected the currency to remain fairly steady.

The USD was boosted by news that their economy expanded by 2.8% in the last quarter
 
S

Stroppymonkey

Well-known member
Doesn't look that bad at all at first glance. Seems to be more thought put into it than the last lot in recent years.
 
S

Stroppymonkey

Well-known member
Never seen so many pissed off business owners though,....if you read into it that's some hefty increases.
Well they said they were not going to tax working people…. That only leaves businesses and rich twats to tax. We were always going to bear the brunt. More money on second home stamp duty, more money on private flights. It’s not all bad. Also far too many double cab pickups running around as over sized status symbols. Maybe there could/should be some ag allowance on these instead?
Will sting me one day though as I use a dual cab to get around operators licence when towing the crane trailer!
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Well they said they were not going to tax working people…. That only leaves businesses and rich twats to tax. We were always going to bear the brunt. More money on second home stamp duty, more money on private flights. It’s not all bad. Also far too many double cab pickups running around as over sized status symbols. Maybe there could/should be some ag allowance on these instead?
Will sting me one day though as I use a dual cab to get around operators licence when towing the crane trailer!

Land rover rubbing their hands with glee....defender commercial sales will rocket! Already hordes of them round here.
 
T

topkit

Well-known member
I was listening on the sky channel the presenter interviewed someone who had been commentating on bubgets fot the last 15 years and they were basically flabergasted for all of the wrong reasons she said that she had never seen a budget like this one, Basically promising to give away about 70 billion whilst getting in around 44billion in taxes which when forgive me but I went to school would not ballance the books in any way shape or form. The chancellor even when giving her forcasts from various groups were predicting downturns for some figures in five years time- no s**t sherlock I predict it a lot sooner possibly before they get kicked back out of power!!
In his response I though Sunak possibly spoke the best I had ever heard from him shame he was not more like that when he was in power,
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
I was listening on the sky channel the presenter interviewed someone who had been commentating on bubgets fot the last 15 years and they were basically flabergasted for all of the wrong reasons she said that she had never seen a budget like this one, Basically promising to give away about 70 billion whilst getting in around 44billion in taxes which when forgive me but I went to school would not ballance the books in any way shape or form. The chancellor even when giving her forcasts from various groups were predicting downturns for some figures in five years time- no s**t sherlock I predict it a lot sooner possibly before they get kicked back out of power!!
In his response I though Sunak possibly spoke the best I had ever heard from him shame he was not more like that when he was in power,
Funny you say that about sunak but a few of his speeches in the commons have been pretty good I also thought lately.

And yes it's the usual labour anti rich campaign pandering to the wasters as usual....where do they actually think taxes come from ?
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
I wonder if Toyota and ford will start offering single and extra cab hiluxs as invincible spec with auto gearboxes.
Isuzu already do.
And whether we will see some other variants of commercials as I can only think of the defender discovery and lancruiser ATM that would be near comparable to a pickup.


They really do need to change their name tbh. Labour should be for people that work hard. It seems they are there for dossers and those that don't wish to amount to anything.
Plenty of employed people who have worked hard to get into a comfortable position will be hit by this.
And people who work for decent companies that have put wages up inline with inflation to.

The only consolation is that I think most western countries are in the same mess
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
The change to inheritance tax rules especially impacting farmers is not good news
It’s terrible!!

My only thoughts of planning a way around it is, set up LTD company, gift farm into company , survive 7 yrs. Then the farm is passable between generations without further IHT.
It *shouldnt* raise a claim to any additional taxes along the way. Cant really see any other way around it tbh
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
The change to inheritance tax rules especially impacting farmers is not good news

They’re up in arms about it on Facebook talk of French style protests then some of the older lot like we had 40% iht in the 90s and 10% interest rates it’s not that bad £100k on £2m farm is cheap compared to £2m house say.

There will be ways to reduce it farmers just need to modernise and use trusts and ltd companies
 
F

fred

Well-known member
It’s terrible!!

My only thoughts of planning a way around it is, set up LTD company, gift farm into company , survive 7 yrs. Then the farm is passable between generations without further IHT.
It *shouldnt* raise a claim to any additional taxes along the way. Cant really see any other way around it tbh

would trigger stamp duty at the minimum.

The game the rich used to play with £5mill+ houses was they never actually sold them. The shares in the company that owned the house changed hands so didnt trigger stamp. was hotfixed unfortunately.

Trusts are the only way really but have a lot of downsides.
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
would trigger stamp duty at the minimum.

The game the rich used to play with £5mill+ houses was they never actually sold them. The shares in the company that owned the house changed hands so didnt trigger stamp. was hotfixed unfortunately.

Trusts are the only way really but have a lot of downsides.
Pulled from hmrc site -

If the transfer is a gift​

If the transfer is a gift and there’s no chargeable consideration, Stamp Duty Land Tax does not normally apply. Read ‘if you’re given property as a gift’ section for more information about when Stamp Duty Land Tax is payable.
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
I don't remember such a pissed off response to a budget ever...from folk I see as hardworking and savvy.
If it was ever a summary of which party has the back of business owners this is it.

Only hope now is Trump absolutely smashes it 💥💥 just to piss off the left😆
 
F

fred

Well-known member
Pulled from hmrc site -

If the transfer is a gift​

If the transfer is a gift and there’s no chargeable consideration, Stamp Duty Land Tax does not normally apply. Read ‘if you’re given property as a gift’ section for more information about when Stamp Duty Land Tax is payable.

 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
I don't remember such a pissed off response to a budget ever...from folk I see as hardworking and savvy.
If it was ever a summary of which party has the back of business owners this is it.

Only hope now is Trump absolutely smashes it 💥💥 just to piss off the left😆

It's not just business owners they haven't got the back of. It's anyone who works hard to better themselves and may get even the slightest hint of a reward. If you think about it in theory people on the new minimum wage who work a lot of hours could hit the upper tax bracket. It wouldn't greatly affect them as they would only just hit it. But if you work harder to get a pay rise it negates that fact.

I honestly don't think anyone in the labour party has heard of animal farm.
 
Top