Bought new Takeuchi TB210R micro

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Buying power I’m afraid . Not all dealers are on the same field. Also they may want more margin.
Manufactures set a rrp and dealers always work down , big race to the botttom tbh. Most are working for 4-6%

If you have a good one who buys in bulk and well he may be working for 6-10 but not in london etc

B

Brendan

Buying power I’m afraid . Not all dealers are on the same field. Also they may want more margin.
Manufactures set a rrp and dealers always work down , big race to the botttom tbh. Most are working for 4-6%

If you have a good one who buys in bulk and well he may be working for 6-10 but not in london etc
Problem is any of the dealer's with better prices are not interested and just pass on the local dealer. That's fair enough but means I'll just stick with the doosan

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I don't think dealers are allowed to officially sell out of area? Used I dont think matters but new certainly.
where's the lad gone who was trying to establish a nationwide level playing field??

F

fred

try a builders merchant, jewsons hire, hirebase etc they cut out the middle man. Also goes on your rebate (y)

GazCro

GazCro

I don't think dealers are allowed to officially sell out of area? Used I dont think matters but new certainly.
Officially they are not but doesn't stop some. Issue comes if you have a problem and need someone to come out to machine, you could either be waiting a while at best or worst case really struggle to get them at all.

F

fred

no problem with builders merchie, got our kubota via them. they deal with kubota UK direct same with taki etc for their hire fleet.

only had 1 call out and just rang who was closest they were out next day no issue.

B

Brendan

Officially they are not but doesn't stop some. Issue comes if you have a problem and need someone to come out to machine, you could either be waiting a while at best or worst case really struggle to get them at all.
Same sort of issue I had but even after taking the machine their (4 hour round trip) and leaving it with them for a week they barely managed to sort any issues

B

Brendan

try a builders merchant, jewsons hire, hirebase etc they cut out the middle man. Also goes on your rebate (y)
Can't even get Travis Perkins to call me back about changing from a cash account to credit 🙄

Nick...

Nick...

This is totally illegal but it happens.i bought my current volvo from a norwich dealer but called a dealer near London but they woukd not quote.i enquired about another brand last tues evening via email but had no reply.obviously don’t want my business
nick...

Randla

Randla

Interloper
This is totally illegal but it happens.i bought my current volvo from a norwich dealer but called a dealer near London but they woukd not quote.i enquired about another brand last tues evening via email but had no reply.obviously don’t want my business
nick...
Sorry Nick, but it isn't illegal. o_OSuppliers are allowed to establish exclusive distribution agreement with dealers which may be defined by customer type, geographical area or some other criteria. The reason this doesn't breach antitrust/monopoly legislation is, by and large, because there is still an element of competition within the area/customer segment: You may only be able to buy a volvo from dealer X in Norfolk, but you can buy other makes of digger from other dealers. If you'd like some lockdown reading over a beer, there's a review of how it works in Europe and America. I've no doubt @Regy53 can add some personal experience here :sick:

All, as ever, IMHO :)

Gunners

Gunners

no problem with builders merchie, got our kubota via them. they deal with kubota UK direct same with taki etc for their hire fleet.

only had 1 call out and just rang who was closest they were out next day no issue.
Did you get a good deal through Buildbase Fred? How much cheaper was it?
I'm thinking Jewsons could get me in the back door with JCB. Current price from my local dealer for an 18z with double acting aux, keypad immobiliser, no buckets but JCB adapter to 801 bucket size hitch with 3 years warranty £16,850+vat.
Delivery early March. I didn't think that was bad?

Nick...

Nick...

I’m sure it is illegal.monopolies are not allowed.you can buys cars from anywhere in the uk and no one can stop it.its no differant to tractors,trucks or anything else.they all want your business.im sure the importers stipulate it to keep prices high with no competition but it is wrong
nick...

Hg2702

Hg2702

I'm thinking Jewsons could get me in the back door with JCB. Current price from my local dealer for an 18z with double acting aux, keypad immobiliser, no buckets but JCB adapter to 801 bucket size hitch with 3 years warranty £16,850+vat.

That’s rapid delivery time !

GazCro

GazCro

I’m sure it is illegal.monopolies are not allowed.you can buys cars from anywhere in the uk and no one can stop it.its no differant to tractors,trucks or anything else.they all want your business.im sure the importers stipulate it to keep prices high with no competition but it is wrong
nick...
I think we're getting the wrong end of the stick. The manufacturer will determine an area for a dealer. A good dealer selling a lot of machines will have a fair leverage on the manufacturer to buy off them cheaper, now if they were to sell out of area it wouldn't be good for neighbouring dealer if they can't buy in as cheap. Having said that i know of a dealer with a few regular customers well out of area and manufacturer knows but doesn't do anything as simply put the customer will buy another make if he can't use dealer of choice.

F

fred

it was less than list and then our rebate on top so yes a decent saving. We spend a fair bit a year through them mind.

Im having a 060 priced want me to get you a price on an 18z at same time ?

GazCro

GazCro

That florida cab?

Gunners

Gunners

it was less than list and then our rebate on top so yes a decent saving. We spend a fair bit a year through them mind.

Im having a 060 priced want me to get you a price on an 18z at same time ?
Yes please, I'd be interested to know how much could be saved by going through a merchant. A JCB 18z or a Kubota U17 is what its between at the moment. The JCB has the edge on spec but I've driven the U17 quite a bit and they are a nice machine to operate for what they are.