Bike lanes cash cow?have your say...

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
it is almost impossible to pass a cyclist on the lane that accesses our place .. unless the b'stards ride properly in the edge of the road and they crawl up our hill wobbling all over the place and now think they have a God given right to hold up the traffic for a couple of miles .. I give 'em space, as much as I can but ain't the 5 feet they think is theirs, no matter what ... and'd happily defend it if I had to.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
And run red lights fcuking wnakers
and whizz up your inside ... what about our right to 5 feet clearance from them??????? :unsure:o_O " what's sauce for the goose...........etc "
Ppl carrying passengers need to start opening their nearside doors, when stationary, blocking the nearside 3 feet of black top .... that'd **** 'em up (y):mad:
 
hiluxman

hiluxman

Well-known member
and whizz up your inside ... what about our right to 5 feet clearance from them??????? :unsure:o_O " what's sauce for the goose...........etc "
Ppl carrying passengers need to start opening their nearside doors, when stationary, blocking the nearside 3 feet of black top .... that'd **** 'em up (y):mad:
That's just made me laugh out loud.

And yes, splendid idea.
 
Storrsy

Storrsy

Well-known member
Absolutely can't stand cyclists. The bane of the motorist. It's totally environmentally unfriendly- and flippin dangerous too. The roads are bad enough round here without being held up mile after mile. Can't overtake going up hill because of the oncoming brow of the hill/blind summit especially when towing then you get to the top and they go so fast down the other side you can't overtake them there either usually resulting in an infuriated driver trying to squeeze past out of desperation. When I used to have my old defender it used to release a delightful black cloud when trying to overtake after being held up for the last mile without any consideration being shown from the cyclist- I can only hope that now in @JD450A ownership it will carry on it's good work of smoking them of the road for the sake of everyone's sanity.
 
hiluxman

hiluxman

Well-known member
Absolutely can't stand cyclists. The bane of the motorist. It's totally environmentally unfriendly- and flippin dangerous too. The roads are bad enough round here without being held up mile after mile. Can't overtake going up hill because of the oncoming brow of the hill/blind summit especially when towing then you get to the top and they go so fast down the other side you can't overtake them there either usually resulting in an infuriated driver trying to squeeze past out of desperation. When I used to have my old defender it used to release a delightful black cloud when trying to overtake after being held up for the last mile without any consideration being shown from the cyclist- I can only hope that now in @JD450A ownership it will carry on it's good work of smoking them of the road for the sake of everyone's sanity.
Another thing that pisses me right off is when they start waving you through. They've no idea how long it takes to get truck and trailer or lorry upto safe speed to get round them.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Another thing that pisses me right off is when they start waving you through. They've no idea how long it takes to get truck and trailer or lorry upto safe speed to get round them.
let's face it, be realistic and admit .......................................... they're all useless tossers, who shouldn't be allowed on the roads :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
One thing to note ...I've been at home a bit this week...very unusual for me in the week ...hell of a lot of road bikers on the lane and particularly today...wife says Fridays always busy? What's that all about? Do they not work Fridays or what ffs
 
6

6feetdown

Well-known member
One thing to note ...I've been at home a bit this week...very unusual for me in the week ...hell of a lot of road bikers on the lane and particularly today...wife says Fridays always busy? What's that all about? Do they not work Fridays or what ffs
Where we worked last year Friday always had groups of them.
All working from home probably
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
I think working from home is the biggest con going. Do these people really think that no company is going to twig how little work they do and start lay offs
I had to check I didn’t write this text myself . Drives me feckin mad . Phoning up company’s and when you finally get hold of someone after they are back from the school run you can’t hear them for the howlin hound . How the feck do public bodies still allow this as an option 😡
 
6

6feetdown

Well-known member
I think working from home is the biggest con going. Do these people really think that no company is going to twig how little work they do and start lay offs
I think it maybe works out cheaper for these companies not to have big offices and put up with the bs service and less work produced by these people
 
William127

William127

Well-known member
I had to check I didn’t write this text myself . Drives me feckin mad . Phoning up company’s and when you finally get hold of someone after they are back from the school run you can’t hear them for the howlin hound . How the feck do public bodies still allow this as an option 😡
Had a neighbour stick his head out of the window a couple of years ago asking if I was going to be making 'all that noise all day as I've got important meetings/calls today' - I was using a micro in a front garden on a busy road ffs!!
I very nearly told him to f**k off that's why people have offices! Same bloke a couple of days later went off on one because we were using the digger after 5.30 and we had to stop making noise. The reason we were there at that time (not exactly late!) was so my customer and his Dad could do an hour or so on the barrow to help with the costs. we had 2 skips of topsoil to shift, we weren't opening a bloody coal mine 😆

As for cyclists I could rant about them for hours 😆 🤣
One thing that really pisses me off is when you've crawled past them overtaking with a trailer (especially a bale trailer behind a 30kph tractor) then on the next tiny little downhill/when you're stopped at lights or something they shoot past you, even though they can clearly see the road goes up hill in few yards and you'll have to do it all again ffs 🙄
I had one smack into the back of my flatbed in London somewhere while I was stationary at lights, they never said anything just carried on weaving through the traffic and straight through the red light🙄
I always do my best to drive as close to the kerb as possible, don't want them successfully making progress down the inside 🤣🤣
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Had a neighbour stick his head out of the window a couple of years ago asking if I was going to be making 'all that noise all day as I've got important meetings/calls today' - I was using a micro in a front garden on a busy road ffs!!
I very nearly told him to f**k off that's why people have offices! Same bloke a couple of days later went off on one because we were using the digger after 5.30 and we had to stop making noise. The reason we were there at that time (not exactly late!) was so my customer and his Dad could do an hour or so on the barrow to help with the costs. we had 2 skips of topsoil to shift, we weren't opening a bloody coal mine 😆

As for cyclists I could rant about them for hours 😆 🤣
One thing that really pisses me off is when you've crawled past them overtaking with a trailer (especially a bale trailer behind a 30kph tractor) then on the next tiny little downhill/when you're stopped at lights or something they shoot past you, even though they can clearly see the road goes up hill in few yards and you'll have to do it all again ffs 🙄
I had one smack into the back of my flatbed in London somewhere while I was stationary at lights, they never said anything just carried on weaving through the traffic and straight through the red light🙄
I always do my best to drive as close to the kerb as possible, don't want them successfully making progress down the inside 🤣🤣

We got abuse all through COVID for working. The council used it as an opportunity to get work done on busy roads but the residents all hated us repairing their roads.

I had a cyclist crash in the back of my old ford ranger that was all done up in chapter 8 chevrons.
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
I think public bodies have lost sight of doing a fair days graft for a fair days pay . Also no structured management to keep employees in line . It’s all about accommodating every employees whim . It seems it’s up to each employees moral compass to decide how many hours they will put in
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
one to make you smile .....
we have a hill here abouts called Black Rock ... 1:12, 3 to 4 miles long ... a real drag in a crane .... crawling up there one morning in the Rapier ... it travels with the boom over the back and hook block attached to the back of the machine by a 4 ft sling.
it was slooooow - 28 flat out on the flat .... constantly watching yer mirrors as she was wide and crawling you had stuff coming up on you pretty quick ... with no suspension, it hopped about a bit
Happened to glance over my left shoulder to check the tension on the hook block/hoist wire and there hanging onto the block was a bloody cyclist ... let the winch off slightly and the block'd swing wildly, side to side ... so you'll guess what came next :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ..... he came sooooooo close to falling off :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ... laughed all the way to the job
 
Top