Best aggregate supplier?

F

fred

Well-known member
Got a new build on atm. Bloody plumbers can't get a goodun for love or money. Got an older guy I normally use but he's set in his ways. Ok on renovations and alterations. I want an all manifold set up on this place for both heating and hot water. Anyway a lot of one man band guys are not VAT registered. I supply and just want labour only in this instance. Otherwise I'm losing the vat for a start.

i feel your pain, ive gone through half a dozen on new builds over the years. The one I use now I know im paying over the odds for but the works gets done to a required standard without too much hassle. Subbies the bain of a builders life.
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Got a new build on atm. Bloody plumbers can't get a goodun for love or money. Got an older guy I normally use but he's set in his ways. Ok on renovations and alterations. I want an all manifold set up on this place for both heating and hot water. Anyway a lot of one man band guys are not VAT registered. I supply and just want labour only in this instance. Otherwise I'm losing the vat for a start.

Must admit on new builds with regard to vat return it’s far easier to supply yourself and have non vat reg trades. Hmrc are a sod when it comes to self build vat reclaim! Doesn’t help that most people don’t understand the 5% self build rate and think your conning then when you try to explain to them!
 
F

fred

Well-known member
the new vat rules they paused earlier in the year would simplify things a lot. Subbies can never charge vat on new builds. Would stop a lot of the hassle.
 
pettsy

pettsy

Well-known member
Did you just buy the e10 for work on your place @pettsy ?
Yes. I like to have my own kit where possible, and means i can do things as and when needed. You lot say us plumbers are bad, but I’d say the same about builders. It’s taken months to find one as most either didn’t reply to calls and messages or couldn’t even give me a cost estimate!
 
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
I think everyone's the same atm skills shortage and a lot of work around. Fair play how do you justify that. Suppose they don't lose a lot. I looked at getting one other year on a tight site macinly to shift gear about but also do all the digging. Prob was you were looking at 5t to have any decent lifting capability then all the safety regs etc just bought cheap set of forks.
 
pettsy

pettsy

Well-known member
I havent got the access height for a bigger machine sadly otherwise I would have gone that way. As I’m only doing low hours, I’m hoping there will still be a decent value in it when I come to sell.
 
Top