Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Every other pad

I think you could get away with it for certain brand machines At £450 a week

F

fred

For got to say the job is 2 months plus 😦😦
Also the driver put 9hrs a day down. He was there 3 days. Probably did 6hrs work in total.
Left at 2pm one day and 4pm the other 2 days.
So extra hr a day. £40 x 5 =£200 a week.
Makes ashbrooks self drive digger is cheap at £420 a week.

Hope you didnt pay him.

I tell subbies before they get on site, phone or smoking comes off your day rate in 30 min chunks. I pay decent and on time so expect graft for it.

If they are on a price then play with the phone to hearts content as its their time they are wasting not mine.

Danny

Danny

I'm 8 hours minumum hire. If you send me home at 9am you get charged 8 hours some companies are 9 hours.

I wouldnt say the hire company is to blame for the 6 hours work, its up to your selfs to keep the machine working.

£420 a week is far to cheap for a 13T machine! It also costs around £30 for a bolt on rubber track pad

diggerjones

diggerjones

Yes expect to pay min 8hrs and yes its our fault theres not enough continuous work.
And yes cheap with brand new track pads. It won't be worked hard. Will have to keep a record of the hrs it does

Hydremaduck

Hydremaduck

Yes expect to pay min 8hrs and yes its our fault theres not enough continuous work.
And yes cheap with brand new track pads. It won't be worked hard. Will have to keep a record of the hrs it does

I
Horses for courses as the saying goes. If the job is going to involve regular standing time for the machine then yes, it becomes an expensive item with an operator sat on it. So self drive is probably best option. Sometimes opposite is true and machine will be productive all day long provided it has a good pilot, then its a cheap option.

You could have had a duck with half decent op for £40hr ;) provided you fuel it.

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
I
Horses for courses as the saying goes. If the job is going to involve regular standing time for the machine then yes, it becomes an expensive item with an operator sat on it. So self drive is probably best option. Sometimes opposite is true and machine will be productive all day long provided it has a good pilot, then its a cheap option.

You could have had a duck with half decent op for £40hr ;) provided you fuel it.

I’m far to busy :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
That sounds bad. I take it you have just about finished on the current road job. Are you moving down to the M27 "smart motorway" conversion. plant, site offices etc are starting to trickle in. Going to be a nightmare for years.
Graham

CPS

CPS

I

Druid doesn't Like nights out though:LOL::p

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Druid doesn't Like nights out though:LOL::p
I'll take that as a compliment Aiden :):).... "half decent op " will do for me (y):giggle::giggle: .... but yer's right ... I like my own bed ..... had enough of working away, many years ago :rolleyes: :(

Hydremaduck

Hydremaduck

That sounds bad. I take it you have just about finished on the current road job. Are you moving down to the M27 "smart motorway" conversion. plant, site offices etc are starting to trickle in. Going to be a nightmare for years.
Graham

I pulled the pin back end of August. Was due ( and had) a stomach Hernia operation so needed a minimum of 2 weeks off which wasn't a problem for them. I'd decided a minimum of 3-4wks as last time I was off 5wks. Again not a problem, there was work when i was ready.

Lots of things going on around me with family, friends, acquaintances etc either being diagnosed with the big C, being taken by the big C or after years of working away, like myself for past 12yrs, going home to an empty house because someone thought the grass was greener on the other side.

One day I decided, Enough!

Was coming home and thats what I've done! (y)

diggerjones

diggerjones

I pulled the pin back end of August. Was due ( and had) a stomach Hernia operation so needed a minimum of 2 weeks off which wasn't a problem for them. I'd decided a minimum of 3-4wks as last time I was off 5wks. Again not a problem, there was work when i was ready.

Lots of things going on around me with family, friends, acquaintances etc either being diagnosed with the big C, being taken by the big C or after years of working away, like myself for past 12yrs, going home to an empty house because someone thought the grass was greener on the other side.

This is my first serious time working away. I've gone from one extreme to another.
Normally I don't leave my village. 8am till 4.30pm. This job, leave monday morning 4am come home Friday 9.30pm.
The money is good but not something i would want all the time.

Hydremaduck

Hydremaduck

This is my first serious time working away. I've gone from one extreme to another.
Normally I don't leave my village. 8am till 4.30pm. This job, leave monday morning 4am come home Friday 9.30pm.
The money is good but not something i would want all the time.

I never planned working away when I got the duck but as I've said to many folk. We get to junctions during life and for whatever reason we go left or right.
After 12yrs of doing exactly what your doing ( sometimes leaving Sunday 10pm) I decided enough was enough.

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better

Sorry to hear of your problems. Hope it is all working out okay.
Graham