Basingstoke

diggerjones

diggerjones

So we started this week. Had a 13t machine and man came off john Stacey. £40 an hr i think. There doing muck away
Anyway it wasn't working out, cost, down time etc. We've gone back to plan A.
Got a machine coming down from Cheshire. Ashbrooks. £420 a week. £375 each way. Plus there fitting new rubber pads on today because they haven't got machine in with them on at moment.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
So we started this week. Had a 13t machine and man came off john Stacey. £40 an hr i think. There doing muck away
Anyway it wasn't working out, cost, down time etc. We've gone back to plan A.
Got a machine coming down from Cheshire. Ashbrooks. £420 a week. £375 each way. Plus there fitting new rubber pads on today because they haven't got machine in with them on at moment.
bit slow was he Dylan :rolleyes: .... makin' the job last ;)

diggerjones

diggerjones

He was ok but no finesse. Very erratic. Wanted to go like hell then hang round, smoke etc. Flicking broken concrete round. He damaged digger in at least 2 places, 1 being a big dint. It was 6 months old.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
He was ok but no finesse. Very erratic. Wanted to go like hell then hang round, smoke etc. Flicking broken concrete round. He damaged digger in at least 2 places, 1 being a big dint. It was 6 months old.
:rolleyes::(:(:cry::mad:

JD450A

JD450A

Wolf without teeth.
Surprised at that with stacy's... they where a good firm. Used to shift Tim's long reaches.

diggerjones

diggerjones

Can't fault Staceys. Really good service. Muck trucks turned up within minutes of ringing.

doobin

doobin

If they were otherwise provision satisfactory service, couldn’t you just explain that the bloke was no good? Chance are they’d already have an inkling.

Danny

Danny

Your paying a company £375 each way for haulage and using a company nearly 200 miles from basingstoke!!
Im sure you could find firms alot closer but if youve got that much money in the job so be it.

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Jesus that’s cheap transport:oops: and come to think of it a cheap machine too as it will be less than 18 month old and very tidy I’ve known James for 20+ years used to move his machine about when he only had one:whistle:

diggerjones

diggerjones

If they were otherwise provision satisfactory service, couldn’t you just explain that the bloke was no good? Chance are they’d already have an inkling.
He wasn't really the reason we off hired Stacey. There was just alot of down time for the digger, then what to do, off hire for 2 days?
They may have let us have digger self drive but i bet they wouldn't have rubber pads.

diggerjones

diggerjones

Your paying a company £375 each way for haulage and using a company nearly 200 miles from basingstoke!!
Im sure you could find firms alot closer but if youve got that much money in the job so be it.
Contractors plant hire were 500 a week and 550 a week with pads. Haulage would have been 150 each way. We've hired off ashbrook before and were very impressed.

diggerjones

diggerjones

Jesus that’s cheap transport:oops: and come to think of it a cheap machine too as it will be less than 18 month old and very tidy I’ve known James for 20+ years used to move his machine about when he only had one:whistle:
Can't fault them very good gear.

diggerjones

diggerjones

For got to say the job is 2 months plus 😦😦
Also the driver put 9hrs a day down. He was there 3 days. Probably did 6hrs work in total.
Left at 2pm one day and 4pm the other 2 days.
So extra hr a day. £40 x 5 =£200 a week.
Makes ashbrooks self drive digger is cheap at £420 a week.

Gunners

Gunners

Bet you had fun yesterday evening, Basingstoke was proper dumped on with the snow.

M

Monkeybusiness

Unreal kit in his fleet now, all as-new and ridiculously cheap!

Apparently they have machines on hire Uk-wide, which may help with the transport costs (and a 2 month hire would also offset it a bit I’d imagine).