Avant / Multione Wheeled Loaders

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Re bucket size-the 4in1 has more capacity than the standard bucket. I’m sure I remember @anthonyholmes saying earlier in this thread that he got 5 2.7t buckets into the loader bucket. I barely get 5 micro buckets! Maybe he’s got a high capacity bucket. Mine is the largest 4in1 at 1500mm wide, rated at 385l so maybe .4m3 heaped?

I wouldn’t be without the 4in1 now- starting to master it 😜
I have a 4 in 1 but I find I tend to use my light material bucket most of the time as it is rated to 620l. You can shift a lot of material quite quickly with it. Especially useful if you are loading the bucket with the excavator you don’t need the grabbing ability of a 4 in 1 and you can really pile it up.

CPS

CPS

I have a 4 in 1 but I find I tend to use my light material bucket most of the time as it is rated to 620l. You can shift a lot of material quite quickly with it. Especially useful if you are loading the bucket with the excavator you don’t need the grabbing ability of a 4 in 1 and you can really pile it up.
What sort of weight will your Norcar lift out of interest?

O

Old Operator

I saw these Power Trac mini machines, available as a loader, or with backhoe either fixed or removable, 4WD & fully hydrostatic.
Not seen one in the UK but saw a Terramite once over here, so not impossible that some may have made it
https://power-trac.com/ An interesting range - many attachments

doobin

doobin

I saw these Power Trac mini machines, available as a loader, or with backhoe either fixed or removable, 4WD & fully hydrostatic.
Not seen one in the UK but saw a Terramite once over here, so not impossible that some may have made it
https://power-trac.com/ An interesting range - many attachments
Everything on that site looks like it was made by Fred in a shed with sone 4x40 box, a stick welder and a can of matt black spray paint. No thanks!

Grahams

Grahams

What sort of weight will your Norcar lift out of interest?
Copy of spec sheet attached. At the time I had only just heard to mini loaders and didn't know anyone who had even used one, so got a deal on the end of line Norcar 765. In hindsight I should have bought the newer model that had more lifting power and reach, but cost 50% more, but I hadn't realised just how good they are.

Attachments

• 20210731_Norca٢765.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 187
CPS

CPS

Copy of spec sheet attached. At the time I had only just heard to mini loaders and didn't know anyone who had even used one, so got a deal on the end of line Norcar 765. In hindsight I should have bought the newer model that had more lifting power and reach, but cost 50% more, but I hadn't realised just how good they are.
I see it says 1200kg straight, in the real world would it do this?

Grahams

Grahams

I see it says 1200kg straight, in the real world would it do this?
It would physically lift 1200kg I'm sure, but not on a pallet. Need all the weight right up against the hitch or it will just lift the back wheels. 1000kg can be interesting if you want to corner. As I said, I should have purchased the newer version, but I'm much cleverer in hindsight.

doobin

doobin

It would physically lift 1200kg I'm sure, but not on a pallet. Need all the weight right up against the hitch or it will just lift the back wheels. 1000kg can be interesting if you want to corner. As I said, I should have purchased the newer version, but I'm much cleverer in hindsight.
Now isn't a bad time to change, second hand stuff is going for nuts money.

Are you not tempted by a tele boom? I'm finding it really handy.

doobin

doobin

I've already made a slight mod. The seat armrest didn't aim towards the joystick. Not only was this uincomfortable, but you risked your arm slipping off over bumps and knocking the range change switch which isn't good for it. So I cut and welded the armrest bracket and moved the switch- it's much improved.
2021-07-30 18.13.23.jpg

Grahams

Grahams

Now isn't a bad time to change, second hand stuff is going for nuts money.

Are you not tempted by a tele boom? I'm finding it really handy.
I have thought about it, but I'm being cautious what I buy at present. We have a lot of changes with MOD contracts happening in February and not sure how that will affect work flow. Already seen jobs starting to cancel which is annoying.
It does actually have a tele boom, which as you say is very handy.

R

rossandson

Joystick has two up/down toggles- one for boom and one for aux.

Not proportional though 🙄 I can live with it but for the money they charge it really ought to be. Anyone know if Avant auxiliaries are proportional?
The Avant hand control is proportional I believe.

doobin

doobin

The Avant hand control is proportional I believe.
You mean the lever rather than the toggle? That’s like saying a foot pedal aux is proportional compared to the two buttons on the joystick I guess.

My point is, in this day and age (and for the money!!!) it should really be a proportional roller.

R

rossandson

You mean the lever rather than the toggle? That’s like saying a foot pedal aux is proportional compared to the two buttons on the joystick I guess.

My point is, in this day and age (and for the money!!!) it should really be a proportional roller.
I might be wrong and happy to be corrected.

But on the avant you can control in two ways. For example with the boom. You have the in and out buttons on the joystick (similar to the MultiOne) but also have a small level which gives you much more accuracy and smoothness. It's not a roller but a lever. I believe there is also one for the Aux control. I don't have mine yet its in the build queue.

M

Monkeybusiness

The forward reverse is two pedals on the multione, I quite like it. Took a few days to stop reaching for the shuttle but second nature now.

The two pedal thing is pretty intuitive, but has caught me (an occasional user who drives various other kit far more regularly) out twice when loading over the side of a trailer uphill. I have to stop myself going for the brake pedal (which in this case is the reverse pedal!…) to hold the machine stationary. I have scared myself twice so far!….

doobin

doobin

I might be wrong and happy to be corrected.

But on the avant you can control in two ways. For example with the boom. You have the in and out buttons on the joystick (similar to the MultiOne) but also have a small level which gives you much more accuracy and smoothness. It's not a roller but a lever. I believe there is also one for the Aux control. I don't have mine yet its in the build queue.

So there’s a mechanical connection to the spool as well as the on/off switches?

What model have you gone for? Your such a bloody copycat mate, first the E27 and now this!!! 😡😂

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better

What model have you gone for? Your such a bloody copycat mate, first the E27 and now this!!! 😡😂
you on commission with Avant now as well as bobcat?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

R

rossandson

Yes I believe it does but I need to double check.

I don’t have an E27 🤷‍♂️😳 Thanks. So I think I’m safe that I haven’t copied you.

Gone for a 760i 😜

R

rossandson

Dodgy quoting by @Monkeybusiness! I thought you were him 😂

Seems like everyone who has posted on this thread ends up buying one. How much is the 760i and what does the I stand for? What attachments did you go for?
@Monkeybusiness Im not sure if this is a compliment or not. 🤣🤣

Well… I did create the post originally 😁 So perhaps I should be on the commission. 🤣

I’ve got a number of attachments on order but have a small wish list on top also which will undoubtedly be purchased too shortly. Just didn’t want to commit at the time. It’s also a case of storing all the attachments

So got the usual; Forks and 4in1 bucket.

I also went for full cab, aircon, road kit and nearly every option extra available. If you’re going to do it, do it properly I thought. 😜😁