Avant / Multione Wheeled Loaders

craig

craig

. I barely get 5 micro buckets! Maybe he’s got a high capacity bucket. Mine is the largest 4in1 at 1500mm wide, rated at 385l so maybe .4m3 heaped?
If its lumpy clay stuff, open the 4 in 1 slightly to get a bin more capacity;)

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Well it turned what would have been a two day job with digger and power barrow into home by three.

I took the micro there on the Iveco and the MO in the trailer with digger buckets and pallet forks in the loader bucket. Any loss of efficiency from the smaller digger was more than offset by being able to pull it out into a windrow, then scoop up and tip exactly where I wanted it. I can’t believe what a difference this made. The most painful part of driving a micro is the slow slewing round with a tiny bucket and lack of height/reach when dumping- all I had to to here was grub it out.

Then six bulk bags in through a tight corner access with the only drama being the shitty state of the bags 🙄

Day rate hire before anyone comments upon lack of sub base.
View attachment 26524View attachment 26526View attachment 26525
nice cordyline Doob :giggle:(y)
want to get yourself some tubes, to either, slip over the forks to give the bag straps a much easier life, (blue/yellow placcy), or a pair of steel tubes to span across the tynes (114 x 4 or 5mm CHS )... drop the forks either side of the bag's loops, slip a tube through and across to sit on the forks and lift .... so much easier than threading the tynes through the loops

S

Smiffy

Joystick has two up/down toggles- one for boom and one for aux.

Not proportional though 🙄 I can live with it but for the money they charge it really ought to be. Anyone know if Avant auxiliaries are proportional?

I looked around several at a show the other day and they didn't seem to be.
But they did seem to have forward reverse on the joystick and something else
They had the little Kramer ther aswell 4 wheel steer instead of arctic and not telescopic

GazCro

GazCro

want to get yourself some tubes, to either, slip over the forks to give the bag straps a much easier life, (blue/yellow placcy), or a pair of steel tubes to span across the tynes (114 x 4 or 5mm CHS )... drop the forks either side of the bag's loops, slip a tube through and across to sit on the forks and lift .... so much easier than threading the tynes through the loops
Or just use the fork slots in the bags

doobin

doobin

I wouldn’t have needed to worry if they hadn’t sent shitty bags that had obviously been sitting in the depot for years! One was only half full and wrapped in shrinkwapp ffs. Luckily it was customer ordering them.

Pallet forks are fine for a one time lift of a bulk bag that your gonna cut anyway.

If anyone down south needs decorative stone for a job, I highly recommend derby aggregates. They pallet it down for less than the merchants want to charge you and it’s always fresh stock.

M

Monkeybusiness

Joystick has two up/down toggles- one for boom and one for aux.

Not proportional though 🙄 I can live with it but for the money they charge it really ought to be. Anyone know if Avant auxiliaries are proportional?
Not the 640 I use - pretty aggressive on/off.

R

Russell

Early days but I reckon I wouldn’t be able to do without either!

As regards machine sizings- the micro was only paired with the loader due to transport considerations. Usually I’d envisage it being paired with a larger machine.

If most of your work is micro work, I’d be tempted to look at a smaller stand on skid steer. Many of the benefits would still apply, and you would ace the narrow access jobs with no sweat. A few other attachments such as a grapple and breaker would be much less investment than a 2.7t machine and would make more money. You could offer a really comprehensive domestic groundworks package, and hire in a 2t if the job warranted it.

I find I need all machines to cover all bases, but if you are already narrow access specific then I’d be tempted to keep that niche, although a mini skid steer would allow you to do slightly larger jobs. Remember, mini diggers are peanuts to hire but loaders big bucks. What sort of jobs are you currently doing? Finance is cheap currently… 😉

Re bucket size-the 4in1 has more capacity than the standard bucket. I’m sure I remember @anthonyholmes saying earlier in this thread that he got 5 2.7t buckets into the loader bucket. I barely get 5 micro buckets! Maybe he’s got a high capacity bucket. Mine is the largest 4in1 at 1500mm wide, rated at 385l so maybe .4m3 heaped?

I wouldn’t be without the 4in1 now- starting to master it 😜
Thanks for the reply. I have been thinking along the same lines, I can hire a 1.5 or a 3.5t digger over here but a loader would have to be a Tele handler at £400 or more.
I like the look of the little skid steers but they seem to lift around the 4-500kg.

doobin

doobin

I looked around several at a show the other day and they didn't seem to be.
But they did seem to have forward reverse on the joystick and something else
They had the little Kramer ther aswell 4 wheel steer instead of arctic and not telescopic

The forward reverse is two pedals on the multione, I quite like it. Took a few days to stop reaching for the shuttle but second nature now.

There’s a couple of nifty features- a button you can hold on the joystick that gives cruise control- great for rough ground where you might get a feedback loop from your foot bouncing on the pedal otherwise. There is a kind of diff lock that sends oil at 25% to each wheel, and also apparently another button you can hold in the really sticky s**t that forces it to keep to that ratio rather than biasing to one side to allow turning.

doobin

doobin

Thanks for the reply. I have been thinking along the same lines, I can hire a 1.5 or a 3.5t digger over here but a loader would have to be a Tele handler at £400 or more.
That’s good, I’m pretty happy with my purchase then. Seems slightly better spec than the 640 Avant for slightly less money.

doobin

doobin

Travis perkins only have fork slots now no loops 🙉
Yup, I’d rather both cause then you have a Hail Mary option. These were from Travis but Day branded and had seen better days! Colour match was terrible too, I left the job with the customer on the phone complaining to em! 😂

GazCro

GazCro

so HTF do they lift 'em off their trucks ??
Nip them with grab even though the sticker says not suitable for bag nipping. Total pita if you wanna pick em up with a digger as well (no tp dumpys for me). They use the worst possible bags anyway i would say if more than a few week old you're chancing it picking them up.
Not called tatty products for nowt 🤣

J

Jimoz

Yup, I’d rather both cause then you have a Hail Mary option. These were from Travis but Day branded and had seen better days! Colour match was terrible too, I left the job with the customer on the phone complaining to em! 😂
Another satisfied customer!?
*labour only

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Nip them with grab even though the sticker says not suitable for bag nipping. Total pita if you wanna pick em up with a digger as well (no tp dumpys for me). They use the worst possible bags anyway i would say if more than a few week old you're chancing it picking them up.
Not called tatty products for nowt 🤣
any bags turning up here without loops'd stay on't truck .... the bag lifter rules here, for handling dumpies ;)
nipping bags is asking for trouble ...

S

Smiffy

Not with a multione but using big telehandlers especially pivot ones I found it easy enough to pick up using the loops by yourself without any help.
I'm sure a multione would be no different
Also if they are traditional style forks flipping them upside down is helpful with bags as you can crowd back and the bag doesn't sway

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
If you are going to be moving bulk bags a lot it is worth investing in a proper bag lifter attachment. It stops the bags swinging out sideways on side slopes which is a lot safer. It also brings the centre of gravity back towards the machine which can be a big bonus.

J

Jimoz

Attachments

• 20210730_122204.jpg
    20210730_122204.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 51