Auction watch

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
this lot are local to me and I've put a few up before .... stuff can very often go very cheap

cheap little lathe if someone's up for one ... bits for these are plentiful ... looks like it's a what you see is what you get ... current bid 26 quid :LOL:

https://www.gavelauctionsonline.com...-details/04f594ea-5f9c-45d4-a8d1-ac7800ea33ff

1606666176486.png

I'll be bidding on 314 ;) .... and maybe on the 500 x 500 interlocking floor tiles .... make a great workshop floor covering, but gonna want a lot of 'em ... nice rotary table too #452 ;) large but very usable :giggle: .......... chucks are for nothing ATM

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

this lot are local to me and I've put a few up before .... stuff can very often go very cheap

cheap little lathe if someone's up for one ... bits for these are plentiful ... looks like it's a what you see is what you get ... current bid 26 quid :LOL:

https://www.gavelauctionsonline.com...-details/04f594ea-5f9c-45d4-a8d1-ac7800ea33ff

View attachment 19744

I'll be bidding on 314 ;) .... and maybe on the 500 x 500 interlocking floor tiles .... make a great workshop floor covering, but gonna want a lot of 'em ... nice rotary table too #452 ;) large but very usable :giggle: .......... chucks are for nothing ATM
Do I need a lathe?😂😂😂

V8Druid

V8Druid

Do I need a lathe?😂😂😂
well it'll weigh 625kgs Shaun, so anything that equates to scrap value will be a bargain and always recoverable .... unless scrap plummets .... but almost always comes back eventually :rolleyes: ..... who remembers scrap at over £300 a ton? :giggle:

J

Jimoz

Talking of scrap Some ex forces bloke I used to work with was stationed in Germany I presume when Berlin wall was still up. He reckons they could go to one part of the country, collect scrap and weigh it in the other part. Was he talking s**t or what? I know we can collect scrap here and weigh it in. But he was almost talking like it was worth nothing in one part.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Talking of scrap Some ex forces bloke I used to work with was stationed in Germany I presume when Berlin wall was still up. He reckons they could go to one part of the country, collect scrap and weigh it in the other part. Was he talking s**t or what? I know we can collect scrap here and weigh it in. But he was almost talking like it was worth nothing in one part.
would imagine in East Germany at that time, even being able to move about freely or even move at all was a bit of a privilege so can well believe it Jim ... was tough there, back then

J

Jimoz

Fair play he didn't seem like a bullshitter but just wondered why nobody else was at it. Like you say perhaps he had more freedom of movement

V8Druid

V8Druid

Fair play he didn't seem like a bullshitter but just wondered why nobody else was at it. Like you say perhaps he had more freedom of movement
dare say, that those who could, were ... just thin on the ground, with the ability to move freely ..... I've known a few folk from from the former East Germany and it really was like 'Big Brother' is watching you ... constantly ... we have no idea how suppressed they really were

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
V8Druid

V8Druid

I did c
Will somebody put a big bid to stop me buying it😳 would be handy for shifting small stuff around but do I really need it🤔
did consider sending you the link quietly, but thought it'd not have enough capacity for you Mog .... 's gorra weigh 3t+ and only 5t axles .... it's cheap enough ATM

craig

craig

I doubt they will let it go cheap, you see their stuff (the same items) getting auctioned numerous times, guessing if it doesn't make the price.
I`ve bought of them, and they where straight.

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
I did c

did consider sending you the link quietly, but thought it'd not have enough capacity for you Mog .... 's gorra weigh 3t+ and only 5t axles .... it's cheap enough ATM
Wonder if it’ll have a ministry plate on it for MOT purpose?

Left hooker

Left hooker

He’s old school, basic mobile phone is his technology limit. I believe his wife does anything computer based, but don’t think he’d be bidding if left to her if you know what I mean 😉🤣
Same as my old man basic 90/2000s Nokia phone not even got bluetooth
Have to show him stuff if he needs to look at something someone has mentioned