Adblue cost!!!

M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
Mine is in a shipping container that has my oils, grease and gas oil in with a quilted cover over it an a electric heater on all the time👍
Because electric heaters are notoriously cheap to run!
PM me the tariff you are on please mate, it sounds ideal!
 
Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
I've been advised not to get an IBC unless you use at least 1500L a year as it doesn't keep. Last year we used about 300 L.
The 205L drums are not much of a saving on the 20L drums
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
I've been advised not to get an IBC unless you use at least 1500L a year as it doesn't keep. Last year we used about 300 L.
The 205L drums are not much of a saving on the 20L drums
I'm not sure on this doesn't keep thing though if you keep it somewhere dark and cool (but don't let it freeze). I'm sure someone told me it just won't work as well which in an older adblue system wouldn't matter as they only have sensors pre treatment. More complex systems test pre and post injection but i guess if the adblue didn't work as well they would adjust to use more.
 
Left hooker

Left hooker

Well-known member
We changed up to an ibc as the 205l drums didn't last long
used to get 5 quid a drum once empty as they didn't go back
but this ibc goes back for refilling with another taking its place
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
You don’t need to keep it warm, just out of sunlight. Freezes at -15 C. I don’t know how long it keeps but it certainly doesn’t go off in a year.
 
Gunners

Gunners

Well-known member
It’s certainly temperature sensitive for a start, I don’t think it expires as such but if the air gets to it, it will crystallise in the empty void of the container. Not so much of an issue with an ibc as you draw from the bottom but worth knowing if you transfer it from one to an empty can and then into the machine. I’m pretty sure it’s the transfer from clean to whatever else, that causes a lot of the issues with adblue for people. It needs to be kept so clean and hence why a lot of firms just run smaller cans of it now rather than ibc’s etc
 
Top