Storrsy
Well-known member
I think it’s safe to say this topic has been touched on a few times, I plan to upgrade my Takeuchis sometime soon.
As ever the procrastinator- I’ve ballsed up on one machine purchase already (TB216)- so making a decision on the new one is rather turning into an exercise of over caution.
My shortlist so far- is
Yanmar Sv26 - tried one and think it’s good, nice weight for towing, don’t like the limited offset boom too much.
Volvo EC27D- never tried one but fits the bill as again comfortably towable and looks pretty good- perhaps a bit plasticy on the rear for my liking.
Kubota KX030-4- this would be the Ideal for me I think aside from the fact that it’s probably overweight on my trailer (much like my TB125 is). But I like the brand and dealer is near, good reach and well counter balanced, lift capacity is everything to me.
Any Volvo owners here? Or other recommendations, bobcat- possibly but a threada while back didn’t exactly fill me with confidence in them- and no local dealer around here...
One thing I’m sure on is I don’t want zero tail, even supposed conventional models seemed to have slimmed their arse a bit down now...
As ever the procrastinator- I’ve ballsed up on one machine purchase already (TB216)- so making a decision on the new one is rather turning into an exercise of over caution.
My shortlist so far- is
Yanmar Sv26 - tried one and think it’s good, nice weight for towing, don’t like the limited offset boom too much.
Volvo EC27D- never tried one but fits the bill as again comfortably towable and looks pretty good- perhaps a bit plasticy on the rear for my liking.
Kubota KX030-4- this would be the Ideal for me I think aside from the fact that it’s probably overweight on my trailer (much like my TB125 is). But I like the brand and dealer is near, good reach and well counter balanced, lift capacity is everything to me.
Any Volvo owners here? Or other recommendations, bobcat- possibly but a threada while back didn’t exactly fill me with confidence in them- and no local dealer around here...
One thing I’m sure on is I don’t want zero tail, even supposed conventional models seemed to have slimmed their arse a bit down now...