1997 lifton dumper question/issue

  • Thread starter heritage machining
  • Start date
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Yup a standard fwd rev valve I fitted the detent off the old one not taken the motors off yet I have got new flexi hoses but not fitted yet I'm hoping I don't have to rebuild the motors too
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
My suspicion is there's a flap of rubber or something in a hose that acts like a 1 way valve
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
My suspicion is there's a flap of rubber or something in a hose that acts like a 1 way valve
or you have a choked/restricted adaptor in circuit somewhere????? :unsure:
if it's a flap can only be between the valve and where the hose tees to each side? .. try end for ending it???
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Ok so i have been using my dumper again I replaced all the flexi drive pipes and it's much better and this morning it was going up the hill fully loaded no problem and I thought great I have fixed it but by the afternoon it was struggling again seems to be when the oil is hot it's worse I currently have 46 weight oil in it so I'm thinking of either trying 68 weight oil or maybe getting a multigrade hydraulic oil
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
I rebuilt the pump it had plate wear but it only causes trouble in fwd
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Pic
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20230524_214336525.jpg
    IMG_20230524_214336525.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 100
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
I re ground the old one then lapped the pistons back in using a bit of glass the oil was then flushed and changed it solved some issues but not the slow gutless forward. Backwards it pulls like a train
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Oh sorry I just realized my teeth they are great had to have an implant done as I broke one mid COVID quite a long process had to get the root extracted the let it heal then have the implant screwed into my jaw then let it heal then implant fitted all in about 2k euros
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
I guess then you have a arv issue, either swap forward/ reverse valves so you get a better forward than reverse, if so then check both valves for adjustment,
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
I tried swapping the pipes it makes no difference just the lever works the other way round I did not think it would it's a standard fwd rev valve I'm starting to suspect one of the motors they seem to be plumbed so they provide a differential system
 
jd6820

jd6820

Well-known member
I presume with that amount of wear you also took the motors apart and checked them? I'd say motors will be in a similar state and my experience is they usually wear the forward side of the outlet plate more. Giving the impression reverse is better.
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Nope not done the motors yet but I think I need too just need to find the time
 
Top