1988 3CX SiteMaster

M

MarkCalvert

Hi All,

First posting on here, I've come into custodianship of a 1988 3CX Sitemaster. Not a lot to look at but it was a very fair price.

MVIMG_20190406_141722.jpg

Hopefully I'll post a few photos on it's overhaul and upkeep over the coming months, it will be working at a heriatge railway in Leeds so should be an intresting job for it!

The first questions is does anyone know where I might find an owners manual!

Mark

Bri963

Bri963

Beautiful old mount. I remember when they used to come painted. As for the manual, EBay or the dealership. There's plenty about. Keep a bean can on the manifold until you find a stack pipe.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Oooh Black cab :giggle::giggle: .... do not break the left door .... virtually unobtainable :( ..... sure it's '88 ..... E100 ??? is more likely to be an '87 reg with such a low number ?? ....
front's nice and straight too (y)

got a full W/shop manual on PDF for the 3CX ... but it's 40+mb
and a 90mb one for the 3/4cx ..... would take some uploading :oops: .... took a while to download from Maskinisten :giggle: .... join them too ... got a hell of a manuals archive (y);) :cool:

Last edited:
Gunners

Gunners

Got an E reg Hammermaster at my mates farm - with no left door:rolleyes: Bit of a dinosaur but can still pull its weight when required. How you guys used to do everything with them before the mini digger is beyond me. I've had a go grading with the front bucket and my hat is off to those who can make it look easy.
Good luck with your restoration Mark, there's a great group on Facebook called Vintage JCB Machines. Even if you aren't into taking selfies and checking into Nandos, its worth joining Facebook just for that group. Some depth of knowledge from the guys on there(y)

maz

maz

Fantastic, I was just picking up a bucket from a chap 2 nights ago that done a full restoration on a black cab. Keep us updated with pics (y)

*edit - just to add, if you cant find a free manual, then try this place: https://jcb-manual.com/
I got my 803 manual from them last week and they delivered, it was about 20 quid for PDF that you can reference on your phone etc. Sucks having to pay but it is what it is.

Last edited:
V8Druid

V8Druid

Fantastic, I was just picking up a bucket from a chap 2 nights ago that done a full restoration on a black cab. Keep us updated with pics (y)

*edit - just to add, if you cant find a free manual, then try this place: https://jcb-manual.com/
I got my 803 manual from them last week and they delivered, it was about 20 quid for PDF that you can reference on your phone etc. Sucks having to pay but it is what it is.

welcome to the copies I have if we can suss out how ..... BIG files :( :rolleyes:

M

MarkCalvert

Oooh Black cab :giggle::giggle: .... do not break the left door .... virtually unobtainable :( ..... sure it's '88 ..... E100 ??? is more likely to be an '87 reg with such a low number ?? ....
front's nice and straight too (y)

got a full W/shop manual on PDF for the 3CX ... but it's 40+mb
and a 90mb one for the 3/4cx ..... would take some uploading :oops: .... took a while to download from Maskinisten :giggle: .... join them too ... got a hell of a manuals archive (y);):cool:

Ahh, it didn't come with a left door, I was wondering where I might be able to find one. Looking at it it's not beyond our whit to fabricate something, all beit a little unortadox. The engine is as sweet as a nut and starts up first time.

There is the symbol below, I'm guessing this is the warning light for the torque converter or engine oil pressure? I've found the 3/4cx from Maskinsten but that's just a service manual. On that note if there are any kind souls who know what the other warning lights are - I've a good guess at some others.

Some of them flicker on and off but I have a funny feeling this is some of the wiring looking around the place
Warning lights.jpg

V8Druid

V8Druid

Ahh, it didn't come with a left door, I was wondering where I might be able to find one.
I made one out of an old sheet of polycarb - 1 piece of 6mm polycarb ... shaped it and bent it where the door bends normally .... it's a lot more flexible than the glass one but keeps 95% of the damp out in use and damned near all of it when parked up .... I'll get you a pic

V8Druid

V8Druid

the sheet was s/hand, so had had a previous life in a bus shelter :LOL: .... had a pile of 'em from a scrappy .... who valued the ali frames, but not the polycarb (y):giggle::cool:

WP_20160716_14_40_09_Pro crop.jpg

ol' girl needs a wash :rolleyes:

Chris beard

Chris beard

Hi nice looking machine if your looking for parts for your girls lol give me a try www chrisbeardaps dot co dot uk

V8Druid

V8Druid

Hi nice looking machine if your looking for parts for your girls lol give me a try www chrisbeardaps dot co dot uk
what you like for ram seal kits??:confused: ..... front lifts and main boom for starters .... plenty on ebay ... might just do 'em this year .... me boom's bypassing and the front gland scrapers're shot .... an' if they'm coming apart for the scrapers, they'll all get done

V8Druid

V8Druid

oh :unsure: ......... and what's the forum discount like :giggle::p:p;)(y):cool:

:(:( me 'puter won't let me in :(

"This site can’t provide a secure connection
www.chrisbeardaps.co.uk uses an unsupported protocol."