Saved the day

Attachments

• 84135CED-3CEC-4836-A8C5-D338ADC73C84.jpeg
    84135CED-3CEC-4836-A8C5-D338ADC73C84.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 128
B

Brendan

Saved the day
They are handy bits of kit, I don't think there is a lot in it between the DeWalt and Milwaukee (except lack of inflatables) but the Milwaukee is near enough half the width

S

Smiffy

Bringing this back up.
Our hosepipes keep freezing and the carpenter on site had a hissy fit about them being left in the drying room/canteen can't store them outside and trying to lift them to drain them doesn't seem to work. Would one of these have enough flow to blow a hosepipe out ?? Would I have to find a bing to blow out like the concrete pumps

GazCro

GazCro

Bringing this back up.
Our hosepipes keep freezing and the carpenter on site had a hissy fit about them being left in the drying room/canteen can't store them outside and trying to lift them to drain them doesn't seem to work. Would one of these have enough flow to blow a hosepipe out ?? Would I have to find a bing to blow out like the concrete pumps
Fu*k the carpenter

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
put an air drier in the output from your compressor

S

Smiffy

put an air drier in the output from your compressor

Not compressor lines it's our hosepipes running round the site.
Can never seem to get enough water out of them to stop them freezing. Spent two hours this morning pissing around with a kettle

V8Druid

V8Druid

Not compressor lines it's our hosepipes running round the site.
Can never seem to get enough water out of them to stop them freezing. Spent two hours this morning pissing around with a kettle
ah ---- only way to cure it is empty them each night and obviously if they're freezing during the day, as they probably are ATM empty 'em when not in use .... 'tis damned cold right now ... forecast is 14C next week :giggle:

S

Smiffy

ah ---- only way to cure it is empty them each night and obviously if they're freezing during the day, as they probably are ATM empty 'em when not in use .... 'tis damned cold right now ... forecast is 14C next week :giggle:

That's why I'm wondering if one of those compressors will have enough flow to clear them out like the concrete pumps do.
And yes warmer but torrential rain all week

GazCro

GazCro

That's why I'm wondering if one of those compressors will have enough flow to clear them out like the concrete pumps do.
And yes warmer but torrential rain all week
I don't think they will tbh.

GazCro

GazCro

agreed ... you'd need a tank full of pressure behind any ice blockage ... and might split the hose
He's only wanting to blow the thawed hose out at finishing time so its not frozen in morning, but without decent flow it'll just blow bubbles through the water and leave most of it in there.

Giles

Giles

I’ve pressure tested 440m of 32mm with my DEWALT one took fecking ages as something like 380 litres or something so it’s doable. My flexvolt compressor do a better job though. Have you not got compressor or air brake adapter on the wagon/van

GazCro

GazCro

I’ve pressure tested 440m of 32mm with my DEWALT one took fecking ages as something like 380 litres or something so it’s doable. My flexvolt compressor do a better job though. Have you not got compressor or air brake adapter on the wagon/van
It's not the pressure that's needed though it's the flow to blow the water out the hose which it won't have

S

Stroppymonkey

I have bought a few of the lads the 18v dewalt compressor. Bit bulky but impressive performance. Used one to blow the forklift tyre upto 80 psi recently no bother. Just bought some milwaukee 12v ones for the other half of the team that like red tools. Will be interesting to see how they shape up. Usually just recharging 18-24 l expansion vessels to 45psi so probably okay for those..

V8Druid

V8Druid

I have bought a few of the lads the 18v dewalt compressor. Bit bulky but impressive performance. Used one to blow the forklift tyre upto 80 psi recently no bother. Just bought some milwaukee 12v ones for the other half of the team that like red tools. Will be interesting to see how they shape up. Usually just recharging 18-24 l expansion vessels to 45psi so probably okay for those..
why 45 PSI ?