Yankeefcuking doodle doo

Charlie

Charlie

Well-known member
Need to replace two bolts in an American machine. An M5 screws in about 4mm and then gets stuck, so it's very close. Below is a chart showing the American screw thread gauges..... I mean, what the actual fcuk! How do they make or fix anything over there? Anyone have an idea or and educated guess at which bolts I need?

Cheers, Charlie


Gage
and
Fractional
Sizes
Major diam.
(inches)
Clear-
ance
drill
UNC
tpi
Tap drill
for UNC
UNF
tpi
Tap drill
for UNF
UNEF
tpi
UNS
tpi
Tap drill
for UNS
Nut Size
00.0600#52——80³⁄₆₄″———⁵⁄₃₂″
10.0730#4864#5372#53——#54⁵⁄₃₂″
20.0860#4356#5064#50———³⁄₁₆″
30.0990#3748#4756#45———³⁄₁₆″
40.1120#3240#4348#42—32,
36
#45,
#44
¼″
50.1250#3040#3844#37—36#40¼″
60.1380#2732#3640#33—36#34⁵⁄₁₆″
80.1640#1832#2936#29—30,
40
#30,
#28
¹¹⁄₃₂″
100.190#924#2632#2128,
36,
40,
48,
56,
30
#23,
#22
³⁄₈″
120.216#224#16283236,
40,
48,
56
#13⁷⁄₁₆″
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
Need to replace two bolts in an American machine. An M5 screws in about 4mm and then gets stuck, so it's very close. Below is a chart showing the American screw thread gauges..... I mean, what the actual fcuk! How do they make or fix anything over there? Anyone have an idea or and educated guess at which bolts I need?

Cheers, Charlie


Gage
and
Fractional
Sizes
Major diam.
(inches)
Clear-
ance
drill
UNC
tpi
Tap drill
for UNC
UNF
tpi
Tap drill
for UNF
UNEF
tpi
UNS
tpi
Tap drill
for UNS
Nut Size
00.0600#52——80³⁄₆₄″———⁵⁄₃₂″
10.0730#4864#5372#53——#54⁵⁄₃₂″
20.0860#4356#5064#50———³⁄₁₆″
30.0990#3748#4756#45———³⁄₁₆″
40.1120#3240#4348#42—32,
36
#45,
#44
¼″
50.1250#3040#3844#37—36#40¼″
60.1380#2732#3640#33—36#34⁵⁄₁₆″
80.1640#1832#2936#29—30,
40
#30,
#28
¹¹⁄₃₂″
100.190#924#2632#2128,
36,
40,
48,
56,
30
#23,
#22
³⁄₈″
120.216#224#16283236,
40,
48,
56
#13⁷⁄₁₆″
What machine?
 
JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
Think, it'll be British Standard Cycle..... which is a twat.

For Reference I think Indespension also still use it on the Jockey wheel locking screw..... I tap those out to M16.
 
Gecko

Gecko

Well-known member
What machine?
and how old?

if it's old (or they want to be difficult), it could be 2BA

2BA works out to be: 4.7mm OD and 31.36 tpi
3/16" UNC works out to be: 4.76mm and 32 tpi

M5x0.8 looks like: 5mm OD and 31.75 tpi

 
Last edited:
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Think, it'll be British Standard Cycle..... which is a twat.

For Reference I think Indespension also still use it on the Jockey wheel locking screw..... I tap those out to M16.
he'll be onto you..copyright that thread pattern on that trailer
 
Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
and how old?

if it's old (or they want to be difficult), it could be 2BA

2BA works out to be: 4.7mm OD and 31.36 tpi
3/16" UNC works out to be: 4.76mm and 32 tpi

M5x0.8 looks like: 5mm OD and 31.75 tpi

Or BSF or BSW. 😜
 
Charlie

Charlie

Well-known member
What machine?

and how old?

if it's old (or they want to be difficult), it could be 2BA

2BA works out to be: 4.7mm OD and 31.36 tpi
3/16" UNC works out to be: 4.76mm and 32 tpi

M5x0.8 looks like: 5mm OD and 31.75 tpi


Nought to do with plant. Its a friction feeder for a flow wrapper from around mid 90's. Fully stripped it out and replaced all the innards with a programmable smart relay. One roller is missing it's bolts. Being a shaft, there is not a lot of material for re-tapping. Have bought a few random bolts from the above info and if all else fails, I'll just have to turn a new shaft. Thanks for the input people (y)
 
JimM

JimM

Active member
🤣
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20221011_183614.jpg
    IMG_20221011_183614.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 140
Top