Shovelhands
Well-known member
Any recommendations for a new workshop compressor? Want to avoid cheap shite made of chocolate……
Sgs seem fine. Everything is made in china unless you spend mega money. How many cfm do you need?Any recommendations for a new workshop compressor? Want to avoid cheap shite made of chocolate……
Sgs seem fine. Everything is made in china unless you spend mega money. How many cfm do you need?
SGS belt drive. Quieter and runs higher pressure than direct drive, which means when you meter it off with a regulator theres more stored air.Biggest I can get on single phase realistically.
was gonna say 14-15 CFM'd be about the limit on a 3hp single phase ... get above that and motors get large and expensive ..... could always run two in tandem and plumb in a few extra tanks (47kg propanes make ideal tanks - tested way beyond 150psi) ... just plug 'em into your line and if you just want a quick blast, run one and isolate all your extras .. (second unit and tanks)
![]()
And you can do a ring main tooWorth noting, the larger the bore of your distribution pipework helps to increase the stored volume of air. Just saying. That spare 3" pipe we run round our workshop helps the capacity of the receiver![]()

Avoid them scumbags! Take your money and never send anything out, took me over a month to get my money back!Sgs seem fine. Everything is made in china unless you spend mega money. How many cfm do you need?
I got this one as per @V8Druid recommendation, good compressor!Biggest I can get on single phase realistically.
It's usually the curve rather than the amperage that throws the breaker. Type C may only be a few milliseconds longer, but it'll feel like eternity if your welder casing goes live whilst you are touching it...I got this one as per @V8Druid recommendation, good compressor!
I just got a dedicated 32a typeC breaker put on a 32a socket(use for welder as well then), was blowing other breakers before that.
Yea exactly that’s why a type C was used, stop lazy buggers leaning on the welder!!It's usually the curve rather than the amperage that throws the breaker. Type C may only be a few milliseconds longer, but it'll feel like eternity if your welder casing goes live whilst you are touching it...
If anyone fancies a 2” galv air line in their workshop I’ve got a few reducing tees I need rid of
View attachment 40151
or the new cost of those tees, currently ....... having lookedDread to think of the cost of 2” galv pipe at the moment though…![]()