Work boot suggestions

kabin man

kabin man

Been wearing buckler steel toe cap dealer type boots for years.current pair over 5 years old but not worn continuously.like wearing slippers and allways hate having to get a new pair which I just done.you spend a third of your life in work boots so don’t scrimp on price
nick...
1690137127415.png

Love a chelsea boot..

S

Smiffy

I had a pair that lasted forever, thing is I hated them, they where really comfy and water proof, but plain black with no scuff protector, and between that and the full hi Vis I felt so council worker I hated it. I wish they did the same pair in brown

This belongs here about the Engelbert boots

6feetdown

Been wearing buckler steel toe cap dealer type boots for years.current pair over 5 years old but not worn continuously.like wearing slippers and allways hate having to get a new pair which I just done.you spend a third of your life in work boots so don’t scrimp on price
nick...
Agree people pay a hundred quid plus for a pair of trainers yet pay 20 for a pair of work boots they are in 50 hrs a week

S

Stroppymonkey

I have wide flat feet .. finally found the perfect pair a few years ago, and now on the 4th pair. Tend to run 2 pairs at a time .. old and new and a boxed pair to start breaking in when the old pair actually falls apart. Solid Gear GTX Pheonix with Boa lace system (clicky wheel with a wire lace). I’ll probably never willingly buy anything else.

6feetdown

I have wide flat feet .. finally found the perfect pair a few years ago, and now on the 4th pair. Tend to run 2 pairs at a time .. old and new and a boxed pair to start breaking in when the old pair actually falls apart. Solid Gear GTX Pheonix with Boa lace system (clicky wheel with a wire lace). I’ll probably never willingly buy anything else.
Any links?

hiluxman

hiluxman

I've no brand loyalty. My only stipulation is no laces, kin hate having to do laces up and undo.

You find a good set of boots, by the time you replace them they have changed manufacturing processes.

Your in boots a good portion of life so expect to replace them often rather than looking for things that last and trying to get longevity out of them. Fresh ones are better over a clapped out pair you won't get rid of because you paid the top money.

Likewise boots are like your Mrs...you like them because they suit you and not what dave Mrs is because dave likes his Mrs....if that makes sense

Storrsy

Storrsy

I used to have them, but got less the 12 months before the soles used to split.
Yeah the soles are always the first thing to go- detaching from the uppers. Never had it happen as quick as that though. I just find they fit my feet so well that I'm happy to sacrifice a bit of long term durability for the comfort.

Storrsy

Storrsy

I've no brand loyalty. My only stipulation is no laces, kin hate having to do laces up and undo.

You find a good set of boots, by the time you replace them they have changed manufacturing processes.

Your in boots a good portion of life so expect to replace them often rather than looking for things that last and trying to get longevity out of them. Fresh ones are better over a clapped out pair you won't get rid of because you paid the top money.

Likewise boots are like your Mrs...you like them because they suit you and not what dave Mrs is because dave likes his Mrs....if that makes sense
To carry on the metaphor- you can have more than one pair??