Winch on a digger?

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

I've just heard someone else mention that they think EMYH is commenting about here elsewhere 🤣 must be a tough life feeling the need to comment yet lacking the courage to do so on here 🤔
He's just sore...not "in"😎

R

Russell

To be honest it will probably have to go on the blade as I doubt it would fit between the tracks.
After this job I'll stick it on the disco but it needs a bit of work first.
IMG_20210917_191638111.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210917_191755444.jpg
    IMG_20210917_191755444.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20210917_191808292.jpg
    IMG_20210917_191808292.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
R

Russell

Five M12 bolts. I used two 180mm x M12 bolts through the holes for the blade extenders and three 50mm x M12 bolts through the top of the blade. You can see the three top bolts in the last pic .

R

Russell

I did wonder if it would tip up the digger when I raised the blade

B

bobthebuilder

will you be able to charge the battery from digger ? as the winch will eat that battery quickly ?

R

Russell

I have got a voltage sensing relay for a split charge set up somewhere but it's not on this. It's more of an emergency get out. With a bit of luck I won't need to use it. A hydraulic winch and a manual diverter valve on the dozer ram would probably be a better set up but that would be most of a grand. This winch was £300.
It would be interesting to know what pump the blade runs off and if it is shared with either of the drive motors

B

bobthebuilder

I have got a voltage sensing relay for a split charge set up somewhere but it's not on this. It's more of an emergency get out. With a bit of luck I won't need to use it. A hydraulic winch and a manual diverter valve on the dozer ram would probably be a better set up but that would be most of a grand. This winch was £300.
It would be interesting to know what pump the blade runs off and if it is shared with either of the drive motors
i have one to clip onto the dumper ,and must always have dumper running

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Don’t think it uses the travel motors oil as you use all three things while dozing and the blade doesn’t slow the racks at all

GazCro

GazCro

Don’t think it uses the travel motors oil as you use all three things while dozing and the blade doesn’t slow the racks at all
Dead end blade ram i bet it affects tracking though, which winch would likely do or at least would put load on which just lifting blade up and down doesn't