Who can guess what this is going to be?

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
If you’ve got a pressure regulator as part of the kit do you really need to bother measuring pressure? Is it not set for the winch out of the box? What blows off at point of stall - surely something in the winch kit, otherwise there would be no way of knowing how powerful it is?
I’m really interested in how this performs. We’ve had a lot of success with electric Winchmax winches (I think they are incredible value for money and up there with the best electric winches on the market). Keep us updated, this looks good!
agreed .... it should be set to dump at a SWP for the motor ? :unsure:

what make is that winch @doobin and where'd you find it ? :)
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
If you’ve got a pressure regulator as part of the kit do you really need to bother measuring pressure? Is it not set for the winch out of the box? What blows off at point of stall - surely something in the winch kit, otherwise there would be no way of knowing how powerful it is?
I’m really interested in how this performs. We’ve had a lot of success with electric Winchmax winches (I think they are incredible value for money and up there with the best electric winches on the market). Keep us updated, this looks good!
Apparently the motor can only handle 140 bar. Regulator is adjustable and “it’s the installers job to set it🙄”
 
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
Apparently the motor can only handle 140 bar. Regulator is adjustable and “it’s the installers job to set it🙄”
You my be able to set the pressures on your new machine on the display?

Interesting project, look forward to seeing it all setup(y)
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
forget the last Q Boyo ... found 'em (y)......
is the RV you have in a separate slice between the manifold and the cetop .... can't see it in their 'kit of bits' pix on their site ?:confused: or is it a screw in cartridge into the manifold block ?
presumably you negotiated the synthetic rope as an alternate with that .. again can't see your options on their pages?:rolleyes:

Looks a lot for the money, must say :cool:

1570746214930.png
 
Last edited:
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Apparently the motor can only handle 140 bar. Regulator is adjustable and “it’s the installers job to set it🙄”
spec I just read said 108bar Doob
https://www.winchmax.co.uk/products/wm20000hydz-nc-wmhydzfullcont-12vr

bit much, expecting you to set the RV :( .... could connect the two lines together and dead end it to set the RV to dump at max desired pressure and not have to load the winch motor at all then for set up .... connect the lines with a Tee, with a stauf in the branch, for a gauge ;)(y)

start with the RV set low/wound out and wind it in to the desired pressure as it's loaded/dead ended
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
How do you mean dead end it? If I connect the lines together won’t it just flow?
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
Plumb a tap into the line to dead end it and show/set relief pressure.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
How do you mean dead end it? If I connect the lines together won’t it just flow?
yeh you're right ... brain fart moment ..... do as MB suggests to be able to dead end it and a stauf up stream to read a gauge as you close the tap. Will have to activate a motion on the cetop, as though operating the motor and the tap replaces the motor
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Ok, what’s a stauf?
sorry Ruben .... a Stauf is a pressure check/test point to connect a gauge to with a leak-proof connector

1570783885415.png


gauges usually have a Stauff connector one end of their line and a BSP to connect the gauges to on t'other
1570783965496.png


this is a very similar kit to what i bought when the 'Drema gave me trouble a while ago ...... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hydrauli...-JCB-CAT-Excavator-Coupling-Pipe/333319487206

1570784155462.png


I bought a third clock off Flowfit to 'fill the gap' in what arrived with it .... very good for all the fittings though and have bought several bits/couplings/adaptors since to compliment / add to it .... mine was a hundred quid about 3+ years ago

there are other test points out there, but the Stauf is prob.s the most popular/common ... M16 x 2.0mm
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
OK. If I just plumb a stauff/test gauge tee into the pipe and then cap it off the other side and activate the solenoid, won't that work?
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
I very much like that Idea Doob, Might have to pinch it next year and fit one up semi permanent on a suitable carrier.
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
I very much like that Idea Doob, Might have to pinch it next year and fit one up semi permanent on a suitable carrier.
The idea is that it's a two minute job to lift on and off, using the carrier machine's own boom. Or a suitable handy machine as you've somehow got two Bobcats and only one key at the yard...
2019-10-10 17.23.21.jpg


When the blade is engaged into the ground the winch is about the perfect angle for most work
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
The idea is that it's a two minute job to lift on and off, using the carrier machine's own boom. Or a suitable handy machine as you've somehow got two Bobcats and only one key at the yard...
View attachment 9436

When the blade is engaged into the ground the winch is about the perfect angle for most work

It does look spot on that.

I want one a little more permanent, to act as a ground anchor for hillside work and the odd recovery as and when. Have a mate who's just put there wrecker back on the road so might be a handy tool to have in the arsenal. Depends a bit if we go down the route of a newer mini next year or not. If i've got the Kobelco it will make a lovely base unit.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
OK. If I just plumb a stauff/test gauge tee into the pipe and then cap it off the other side and activate the solenoid, won't that work?
would need to cap both pipes Ruben - - probably/possibly:unsure:.
... a tap between em's an easier/safer/more controlled option as you can turn it on/off progressively .. I hate dead ending anything with a bang ... summat might let go?:oops:
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
would need to cap both pipes Ruben - - probably/possibly:unsure:.
... a tap between em's an easier/safer/more controlled option as you can turn it on/off progressively .. I hate dead ending anything with a bang ... summat might let go?:oops:
Yes, was going to cap both pipes, but couldn't I open solenoid and then feather in the aux to see what the relief kicks in at?

Surely no different than accidentally catching the aux button whilst nothing connected.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Yes, was going to cap both pipes, but couldn't I open solenoid and then feather in the aux to see what the relief kicks in at?

Surely no different than accidentally catching the aux button whilst nothing connected.
absolutely ... but I don't like doing it deliberately ...... if you can feather in the aux., if it's prop, fine ;)..... I just have too much mechanical sympathy to let it 'bang' in deliberately .... 's why I never went playing the 4 x 4 game, when all me mates were building and wrecking .... cruel, totally cruel:cry:

I'd assumed your switched service wasn't a prop. service
 
Last edited:
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
absolutely ... but I don't like doing it deliberately ...... if you can feather in the aux., if it's prop, fine ;)..... I just have too much mechanical sympathy to let it 'bang' in deliberately .... 's why I never went playing the 4 x 4 game, when all me mates were building and wrecking .... cruel, totally cruel:cry:

I'd assumed your switched service wasn't a prop. service
It’s not but the aux itself is.

Yup, agree with you on mechanical sympathy
 
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Looks a good setup there mate
 
Top