Where is your username from?

tinydigger

tinydigger

making machines look small since 1980
Sorry Andy :rolleyes: ..... you gotta have this in here :) .... it is such a great picture :giggle:.... you 'wearing' a micro :eek::D .... makes me smile every time I see it :LOL:

View attachment 1172
I did go looking for that one when I posted up but couldn't find it so glad you did lol yeah I did wear it well bloody thing think I still have half the track frame stuck somewhere lol
 
Geoffdiggerman

Geoffdiggerman

Member
Years ago my nephew set up a 'bebo' account and email address under "bansheeracerman" name for me as I used to race a Yamaha Banshee quad.
But when I started out on my own I wanted something more suited so I came up with Geoffdiggerman as a user name and email address 😃
 

Attachments

  • FB_IMG_1535295455964.jpg
    FB_IMG_1535295455964.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 293
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Years ago my nephew set up a 'bebo' account and email address under "bansheeracerman" name for me as I used to race a Yamaha Banshee quad.
But when I started out on my own I wanted something more suited so I came up with Geoffdiggerman as a user name and email address 😃
you still 'at' them poles are yer Geoff;) .... some sort of lengths of timber, some of them :eek:... How's the 'tachi handle 'em :unsure:
 
Scoff

Scoff

Member
My username comes from the Mark and Lard feature "one man and his Frog" hosted by Scoff Cruddle.
 
Mintsauce

Mintsauce

Active member
Borrowed "Mintsauce" from the cartoon strip in Mountain bike UK magazine as was very into it years ago. Maybe if I earn enough lolly in this game i will go back to it one day.

Ok you caught me dreaming. Not much chance of that;)
 
T

Tonka Toy

New member
My user name came from the nick name my Dads guys gave to his little honda activin when he swapped in his MK2 transit years ago. The thing carried all the men and tools to site for his demolition company without fail. When I went onto site on a Saturday and sunday or hols from school the name got transferred over to me. As I only have smaller machines compared to the rest of you guys only seemed natural to resurrect the name.
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
I was on a 963 when I joined the old forum. Shows how much imagination I have.
 
LDK

LDK

New member
Roddy Drew's opening preamble to McAlpine's Fusiliers refers to "you pincher laddys and you long distance men " So what's the meaning of Pincher Laddy


Hello Modelman, I only just came across your question.
I haven’t listened to the song but I would assume that line is in reference to Pincher who had the shout for Mac’s. If my memory serves me correctly, his surname was Harrington.
Who’s is the scraper in your avtar, is it a 31?
 
Routy56

Routy56

Well-known member
Druid is from my college days when everyone called me 'The Druid' ...... it got added to, by various friends, subsequently, as I've run V8s since 1980 when I bought my first SD1-V8 --- RPO 718S ...... an' I've had 'a few' :eek:of them since then, including a few Vitesses :giggle: plus RRs, LRs, and one disco (one is enough:rolleyes:) !!
Stopped running the Vitesses with the advent of bloody cameras :mad:... as my old man used to say :rolleyes:... "get nicked by a jam sandwich and you deserve it ... cameras just aren't cricket" :mad: .... and for those that don't know already ..... he was a 30 yr. traffic cop - a bear in uniform at 6'4'' and 17.5st .... proper old time copper (y) ..... who taught me to drive by 'the method' .... A to B as fast as possible, safely!!
Loved my old SD1 :love: had a 1984 Vanden Plas V8
Bloody thirsty towing our caravan :eek:
Back in the day many years ago was a Traffic Cop - drove old Grandas like your dads :cool:
Then there was Senators, Omegas, Volvo V70 T5s.....
 
Routy56

Routy56

Well-known member
Two Akers is name of our house which I used on the dark side :ROFLMAO:
Routy56 is my nickname and birth year :cool:
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Loved my old SD1:love: had a 1984 Vanden Plas V8
Bloody thirsty towing our caravan :eek:
Back in the day many years ago was a Traffic Cop - drove old Grandas like your dads :cool:
Then there was Senators, Omegas, Volvo V70 T5s.....

:giggle:have had a few SD1 V8 VDP EFi,s too:cool: .. slightly de-tuned Vitesse with a 9.75:1 motor instead of the 10.5:1 flat top-ed pistons and bigger cam, Very under-rated motors the SD,s .... for a ton an' a half of car, on conventional suspendies they handled remarkably well, in the right hands (y)

You'll have been to the driving school at Hendon too then and put through your paces, looking for your ceiling :unsure: .... obviously never found it, or you'd not have been in 'Traffic' ;)

the old man retired out of the force when they were still in MkII Grannies .... replaced shortly after by 2.8i, XR4x4s .... some motor(y) ... I had one and the old man adored that ...was forever 'borrowing it' :) .... Hereford and Worcester had the Omegas, Senators and Royales-big gas guzzlers, but very fast.
always fancied the SD's replacement - an 827 Vitesse, with the Legend engine ..... drove a few, but with so many cameras about , by that time, discretion was the better part of valor and resisted the urge to buy, or to replace me XR4x4!, that some thieving barsteward nicked one night, with another one. Like driving on rails:giggle::giggle:
Today's cars are just remarkable in comparison .... our little diesel Golf is a rocket-sled and just sits there ... try not to drive it too often on me own :unsure: .... accompanied, the whining noise from the passenger seat, is the main restriction:rolleyes::giggle::giggle:
 
modelman093

modelman093

Active member
Hello Modelman, I only just came across your question.
I haven’t listened to the song but I would assume that line is in reference to Pincher who had the shout for Mac’s. If my memory serves me correctly, his surname was Harrington.
Who’s is the scraper in your avtar, is it a 31?
 
LDK

LDK

New member
Not sure what happened there?!
If that was your mount in 65’ish, you must be at least 5 years older than me😉
The 60’s and 70’s were a good time to be in muckshifting, scrapers to cobble dogs with and plenty of work. It was possible to jack on one job mid morning and be working on another one in the afternoon..
Had a 983 of Merriman’s on the Kings Lynn bypass in 1970.’ish
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
The 657 was one of Pat Merriman's , 1965 ish on the Raglan by-pass
Raglan as in Monmouthshire Angus? .. that'd have been the A449 then?? .... Newport, Usk, Raglan,Monmouth to Ross ?? Originally a concrete road ;)
Has a set of traffic lights at Monmouth ... only set between Newport and Carlisle .... they're a PITA :(
 
Top