What can i use to shine up galvanising?

CPS

CPS

Well-known member
As the title says,
What can i use to shine up galvanising? The trailer is looking abit dull, I was wondering if anyone has any way of shining it up abit?

Ideally something you spray on and walk away 😆
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
As the title says,
What can i use to shine up galvanising? The trailer is looking abit dull, I was wondering if anyone has any way of shining it up abit?

Ideally something you spray on and walk away 😆
Ditto...6 month old Ifor looks crap already.😔
Galvanizing is shocking but that's a other story🤬
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
galvy only ever looks shiny out the tank and a few weeks after ... once it oxidises, that's how it'll stay ... 6-8 mths of oxidisation and it'll take paint well ... give it a coat of ali primer/top coat :giggle::giggle::p
 
Powerfab

Powerfab

Well-known member
As the title says,
What can i use to shine up galvanising? The trailer is looking abit dull, I was wondering if anyone has any way of shining it up abit?

Ideally something you spray on and walk away 😆
You can't, as mentioned above it oxidises and theres no stopping it.
Some have tried to apply a clear laquer, but when new galv doesn't take paint well and it turns a blistering mess in 6mths. Nor can you polish it, a polisher only burnishes it and turns it near black.
 
Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

Well-known member
It is slightly less desirable when dull as a positive.

I was definitely relieved when my tipper stopped screaming "steal me" .
I'm pleased that I got mine a couple of springs ago and it got time to weather before it saw salted roads 🙂
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Don’t paint it, will look a bloody mess when it gets scratched up!
I came to my trailer the other day after it has been locked away for afew months, it was nearly white! Rain today soon washed it off 🤦‍♂️
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
I’m sure I read that monster energy drinks bring the shine back to galv! I’ve not tried it myself though…
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Keep it clean for the first 6 months to stop crap sticking to the galv like concrete then it'll take on a dull grey that's not shiney like new but not off-putting
 
Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Well-known member
I know someone who used a commercial type alloy wheel acid on a galv trailer. It certainly smartened it up when he sold it!
 
Top