What brand of engine oil?

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

Well-known member
Jim Milligan (used to be owner of JMS Equipment) once gave me some sound advice. He said" any oil is better than no oil" I have on occasion heeded this advice 😊
There’s usually oil in the engine, it just sometimes needs a longer dipstick to find it 🤷🏻‍♂️
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
Jim Milligan (used to be owner of JMS Equipment) once gave me some sound advice. He said" any oil is better than no oil" I have on occasion heeded this advice 😊
That used to be true, but put the wrong oil in an engine with SCR and you’re looking at some expense.
 
Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

Well-known member
I have seen transmission manuals that expressly prohibit Dexron II due to incompatible friction plates, but not a hint on the filler/dippstick.

Seen brake fluid reservoirs with dot 4 on the filling lid but manual says on no account use brake fluid.

No oil kills machines quickly, wrong oil slowly 😉
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
I have seen transmission manuals that expressly prohibit Dexron II due to incompatible friction plates, but not a hint on the filler/dippstick.

Seen brake fluid reservoirs with dot 4 on the filling lid but manual says on no account use brake fluid.

No oil kills machines quickly, wrong oil slowly 😉
And then they say you can use UTTO right through a machine 🤷‍♂️
 
Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
That used to be true, but put the wrong oil in an engine with SCR and you’re looking at some expense.
That be true now I suppose but I'm a bit behind of that curve with the aging plant I have 😄
 
Top