What’s it worth??

M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
Monkey business,
If you do acquire this machine I have a fair pile of big morse taper drills.

I have picked them up over the years and have many duplicates which I would be happy to part with for way less that the ‘Kings Ransom’ prices some think they are worth.
Rob
Thanks Rob - see how this deal goes and what comes with it if I’m successful then I’ll definitely be in touch!
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Ive just been thinking about my old man's machine and remembered a modification that some on here might like
He drilled straight through the table and bolted a bearing inside it
Could then run a boring bar
Used it for reboring for pins and bushes
Mostly very very early Japanese machines to fit hymac or poclain bucket pins as everyone local was to cheap to buy new buckets when the Japanese machines. Became more common place
 
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Ive just been thinking about my old man's machine and remembered a modification that some on here might like
He drilled straight through the table and bolted a bearing inside it
Could then run a boring bar
Used it for reboring for pins and bushes
Mostly very very early Japanese machines to fit hymac or poclain bucket pins as everyone local was to cheap to buy new buckets when the Japanese machines. Became more common place
That sounds like a good idea, maybe not drill through the table but make an extension to the side of it to run a bearing in👍👍
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
Quick update - had a nice little day out with the lesser-spotted @Mogman
EF4AF477-8B31-4FC1-88C3-C24F04A04CD5.jpeg


with his lightweight crane lorry
2A577302-F69C-496F-AE40-4B2EABA77FE8.jpeg


(that’s just him, his empty lorry and his wallet by the way...)

Anyway, he seemed to know what he was doing - I didn’t have to give him too many pointers.

ACBA8F33-975A-45E9-910E-CF0C754D4EBD.jpeg
A145E2D3-2D74-4CB3-B02B-32065523ABCC.jpeg


I think he was secretly quite proud of how well he balanced the lathe for the lift!

F22A7F45-F4F6-4197-85A1-B911DA5F538A.jpeg
Heavy old machines - 6 tonnes in the pair
AED722B4-B936-43F4-90C6-5CFC5AF6B07D.jpeg

I’ve also lucked-out and got a stillage full of tooling and drills - it’s all going to need a good sorting through once I get a roof on their new home!!!
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
I thought mogman had a daf, or am i just behind on the program
He’s got all sorts! All on the same number plate though (which I thought was a bit weird but didn’t like to say anything)...
 
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
He’s got all sorts! All on the same number plate though (which I thought was a bit weird but didn’t like to say anything)...
Shhhh👍
yes met up with mucky hands himself😂 and to keep in with the ‘new forum’ standards we never swore once all day😳 the radial did take a bit of lifting (not the weight) but to keep it all together as the top wanted to leave the base😢 but nothing a few adapted ratchet straps didn’t cure👍
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Quick update - had a nice little day out with the lesser-spotted @Mogman View attachment 16515

with his lightweight crane lorry
View attachment 16516

(that’s just him, his empty lorry and his wallet by the way...)

Anyway, he seemed to know what he was doing - I didn’t have to give him too many pointers.

View attachment 16517View attachment 16518

I think he was secretly quite proud of how well he balanced the lathe for the lift!

View attachment 16520Heavy old machines - 6 tonnes in the pairView attachment 16519
I’ve also lucked-out and got a stillage full of tooling and drills - it’s all going to need a good sorting through once I get a roof on their new home!!!
that radial is the little sister to my old K&W ... loose box is different but the drill looks pretty nigh on identical .. just a bit smaller :giggle:

IMG_0305.JPG
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Shhhh👍
yes met up with mucky hands himself😂 and to keep in with the ‘new forum’ standards we never swore once all day😳 the radial did take a bit of lifting (not the weight) but to keep it all together as the top wanted to leave the base😢 but nothing a few adapted ratchet straps didn’t cure👍
they have a habit of doing that ...... there's a technique to picking radial drills .... under the base and criss cross the arm ... I put it on here somewhere a few weeks ago
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Quick update - had a nice little day out with the lesser-spotted @Mogman View attachment 16515

with his lightweight crane lorry
View attachment 16516

(that’s just him, his empty lorry and his wallet by the way...)

Anyway, he seemed to know what he was doing - I didn’t have to give him too many pointers.

View attachment 16517View attachment 16518

I think he was secretly quite proud of how well he balanced the lathe for the lift!

View attachment 16520Heavy old machines - 6 tonnes in the pairView attachment 16519
I’ve also lucked-out and got a stillage full of tooling and drills - it’s all going to need a good sorting through once I get a roof on their new home!!!
tidy looking lathe that ... long ol' bed though
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
there's that bed again Mog ... thought you'd took all the tool boxes off to look after for me
1594166710418.png


IMG_0914.jpg
 
Top