Waterproofs

S

Smiffy

Well-known member
What do people recommend
Needs to be hi Vis have a harkie ATM but wouldn't mind a zip up front
Has anyone tried pulsar gear??
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
Best I’ve ever used is the castle air reflex. Genuinely breathable, I’m dry when I take it off. Have a one piece and love it
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Left hooker

Left hooker

Well-known member
Never bother with expensive wet gear as it can rip and tare the same as cheep in trenches
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
I picked up a belly Hanson bib and brace from eBay it's brilliant keeps you dry but you can keep wearing it once it's dried up there's several times I've been still stood in the rain after everyone else has retreated for cover
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I picked up a belly Hanson bib and brace from eBay it's brilliant keeps you dry but you can keep wearing it once it's dried up there's several times I've been still stood in the rain after everyone else has retreated for cover
yeh I've got a Helly Hanson B&B bottoms too ... bloody excellent, comfortable, warm and keeps you dry ... very easy to move about in
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Yep them over wellies a motorway style hi Viz jacket and a hard hat and you stay lovely and dry
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Which ones do u have I see three different pairs at various prices
 
tinydigger

tinydigger

making machines look small since 1980
I can't really wear proper overalls never found a pair long enough reach my ankles and allow me to bend over without getting castrated
know your pain smiffy as I have the same problem my boss even tried to have some custom made to fit me but they some how screwed them up and when I tried them on the local dogs joined in the high pitched scream that I let out :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
know your pain smiffy as I have the same problem my boss even tried to have some custom made to fit me but they some how screwed them up and when I tried them on the local dogs joined in the high pitched scream that I let out :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Haha
I got presented a pair of highvis trousers by the boss went and tried them on I was wearing 10inch boots and there was a 2in gap between the boots and trousers
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better

These ones there only £22 now I'm tempted to get a second set at that price!
Tha's cheap are those lined though ? I like the look of the coat too ... mine's a bomber style, but the B&Bs are high front and backs IIRC .. will have a look see which ones they are in a minute
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Tha's cheap are those lined though ? I like the look of the coat too ... mine's a bomber style, but the B&Bs are high front and backs IIRC .. will have a look see which ones they are in a minute

We get issued bomber jackets as standard but as said I'm tall and the water runs down the back and straight down my arse crack hence buying my own waterproof gear
Soon get the money back from being able to carry on working when everyone else disappears at lunch
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
I always get cold kidneys from bomber jackets where they ride up and take all the other layers with them.

It's definitely Ludvika trousers that I have and they have a thin lining.
Tbh I have a unlined jacket that I just keep my fleece on underneath and its warm enough and not bulky when it's raining in the summer
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
I always get cold kidneys from bomber jackets where they ride up and take all the other layers with them.

It's definitely Ludvika trousers that I have and they have a thin lining.
Tbh I have a unlined jacket that I just keep my fleece on underneath and its warm enough and not bulky when it's raining in the summer

I've always found the same I try and wear bib and brace overalls in the winter and have found a supplier of extra long flannel shirts
Since wearing these with a long waterproof over the top I haven't been cold
I find it funny the blokes that complain like hell about being wet cold uncomfortable but won't spend any money to look after themselves
Regular occurrence to watch them complain that the 50 quid superdry hoodie isn't keeping them warm as they put the hood up and it gets soaked but won't spend less on a separate jumper and hat as it's work clothes
 
Top