video links thread anyone??

diggerjones

diggerjones

Not bee there for years last time I went the 110 was still in a few bits🤔
I went about 12/15 years ago. Great place. They give me ago on a thing like that. Could not get my head round it.😂

GazCro

GazCro

Not bee there for years last time I went the 110 was still in a few bits🤔
110 will still be sat where you last saw it. The plan with it last i asked was to fit it up with a diesel engine and genny rather than have to trail cable about behind it. Probs wouldn't run it at full capacity but be enough for a play thing. I'm not sure if it was related to this idea or that there is a problem with it but i know they were struggling to find anybody to do any electrical work on it.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Trefyl Quarry, Tredegar, had a 110 for years sat in the bottom of the quarry ..... with a cable like a man's leg feeding a sledge it used to haul about, with it's 'connector' on ...... can recall clambering about on it as a kid ... was the only thing left there at one time .. but Trefyl got re-opened and it was long gone by then ... told it fell victim to the gas axe ... :cry::cry: was some beast of a thing :cool: ........ never saw it work though :(

V8Druid

V8Druid

I went about 12/15 years ago. Great place. They give me ago on a thing like that. Could not get my head round it.😂
had a couple of days on an old manual 19, with a box on it, early 80s ... on a coal tip above Talywain feeding a cyclonic washery ... took an hour two to get me head around it ... had been a while since i'd sat in the old 10 that was my first crane seat. ...... it's 'different' :giggle::giggle:

V8Druid

V8Druid

110 will still be sat where you last saw it. The plan with it last i asked was to fit it up with a diesel engine and genny rather than have to trail cable about behind it. Probs wouldn't run it at full capacity but be enough for a play thing. I'm not sure if it was related to this idea or that there is a problem with it but i know they were struggling to find anybody to do any electrical work on it.
would wanna be one hell of a genny ... think the motors were 1000 volt

V8Druid

V8Druid

can't see any other way to share this guys ....... ... can't get a direct link

search for " Cummins truck engine in a Landrover Defender " on google if it doesn't connect ..... and TURN THE VOLUME UP :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

EDIT...linked better than i thought it would .... any guesses as to what the motor is ??

V8Druid

V8Druid

I thought it looked a touch like Ollie Gunn at the wheel :ROFLMAO:

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Sounds great, but still won’t handle well on corners or stop safely and even more bits will fall off.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Sounds great, but still won’t handle well on corners or stop safely and even more bits will fall off.
But a fabulous soundtrack to burn fuel to :giggle::love:(y):cool:

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
But a fabulous soundtrack to burn fuel to :giggle::love:(y):cool:
Yes sounds great for an hour😳 wouldn’t like to drive it all day though🤫
Made a straight through pipe on a wagon once, used to howl👍👍 soon made a muffler after full days driving😢😳

V8Druid

V8Druid

Yes sounds great for an hour😳 wouldn’t like to drive it all day though🤫
Made a straight through pipe on a wagon once, used to howl👍👍 soon made a muffler after full days driving😢😳
must be getting old Mog ;):p:LOL: