video links thread anyone??

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Thanks🙂, was interesting to watch......so does the same thing happen over here when they get over hauled, or is it like most things over here where it’d just get scrapped and a new one sent in?....they certainly are extremely resourceful and don’t let anything go to waste.
in a similar manner, there are motor re-winders about ... couple round here and I've had a few larger units done over the years ... just that it'd be far more technically orientated here, with specific 'machinery' available to carry it out ..... you have to give these guys serious respect for what they achieve with next to nothing ..... they value every rupee they can make

Komatsu

Komatsu

in a similar manner, there are motor re-winders about ... couple round here and I've had a few larger units done over the years ... just that it'd be far more technically orientated here, with specific 'machinery' available to carry it out ..... you have to give these guys serious respect for what they achieve with next to nothing ..... they value every rupee they can make
Most certainly,....there was a thing on tv a while ago, and it took you round one of those truck stops in India, and showed you how they get on and how resourceful they were, like jump starting a wagon by jacking the back wheels up and basically spinning it with a piece of rope.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Most certainly,....there was a thing on tv a while ago, and it took you round one of those truck stops in India, and showed you how they get on and how resourceful they were, like jump starting a wagon by jacking the back wheels up and basically spinning it with a piece of rope.
they're clever sods TBF Ollie ... where there's a will they'll figure a way ..... :rolleyes::unsure:;)

'nother borrowed one from flip flop land ...... bet the sparks hurt between their toes ....... can just imagine presenting summat like this at the ministry for a test :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

V8Druid

V8Druid

was wondering how they locked the insert sections to each other ....... 'til it fell over and there weren't any locks :giggle: .... WTF must that kit of bits cost ?? :oops: At least Meccano was bolted together .... imagine what that would've been like with hydraulic components :cool:

Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

Heck, they stolen the camshaft from my car again 😋🤣

Screenshot_20200110-151209_Gallery.jpg

V8Druid

V8Druid

those Wartzillas are some motor ..... absolutely humongous things

RTA 96C
1578676496712.png

this is interesting ....

"
Wartsila and MAN join forces to produce clean and efficient marine diesel engines
BRUNO VANZIELEGHEM
Oct 17th 2006 at 3:31PM

Wartsila and MAN Diesel, two world leading European marine engine manufacturers, have agreed to join forces in a research project, called Hercules-B, in order to maximize fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The aim of the project is to reach engine efficiency of 60 percent or more for marine diesel engines. Just as a comparison, automotive gasoline engines operate at an efficiency of approximately 20 percent, while automotive diesel engines reach 30 percent or higher.
The majority of diesel engine emissions are currently produced by heavy-duty trucks, while commercial marine transport accounts for a smaller share. However, this balance will shift in the next ten years or so. On-road diesel engine emissions are heavily regulated, which will result in a significant decline. Marine-diesel engine emissions, on the other hand, will not see as significant of a decline, with U.S. DOT Federal Highway Administration projections showing commercial marine engines as the major source of diesel engine emissions by 2020. Wartsila and MAN want to address some of these issues with the four-year Hercules-B project. The targeted budget for the project is 60 million Euro.

[Source: Pressemeldinger Norway]

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/freightaq/chapter2.htm

wonder how the project got on?

Last edited:
Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

Been stopped by police for missing child seat: - But I have no children ?!

Translated text Below picture
Video in Link

https://www.abcnyheter.no/sedenne/v/195470155/blir-stoppet-av-politiet-for-manglende-barnesete-men-jeg-har-jo-ingen-barn?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=-moro-prank&utm_campaign=social_sd_2_20&fbclid=IwAR09082KWP-Keif6T3eI0IxwBAlvvooVQq5fvvIVlic8jy0CCWMMNipI4pA&jwsource=cl

9atls0rF.jpg

The police officer had a big surprise to Jarred.

Jarred Wright, along with his wife Nikki, were stopped by a police patrol on the road in Hurst, Texas.

Jarred thinks it's just a routine check, and is, to say the least, nervous about forgetting the driver's license at home before the cop reveals why he's stopped.

- I stopped you because you were driving with a child in the car, but without a child seat, says the policeman.

Since Jarred did not have any children in the back seat, one can safely say that he relied on this explanation. That's when Nikki's wife was able to solve the "mystery".

She could reveal that they have a child in the car by holding up a positive pregnancy test.

- I thought I had to go out with a sticky fine, so I was stressed. I was so relieved. I was completely ecstatic and in full shock, Jarred tells Buzzfeed.

After struggling with post-traumatic stress after serving in Afghanistan, his wife knew he needed a ride. The local police station was not in a hurry to ask for the stunt.

- I felt honored that she would allow me to participate in this, since it is such a great moment in someone's life, says Officer Todd Colichia to BuzzFeed.

Last edited:
Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

Forging of a hoe blade in a water-powered hammer mill

I would love to have the skills of this guy ⚒😃

V8Druid

V8Druid

Thanks🙂, was interesting to watch......so does the same thing happen over here when they get over hauled, or is it like most things over here where it’d just get scrapped and a new one sent in?....they certainly are extremely resourceful and don’t let anything go to waste.
'nother interesting one Ollie ... obviously new manufacture ... particularly like the coil tie stage ... and the teroidal trannies were interesting too

Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

Almost must have binoculars to see the bucket
This excavator has a total of nine cylinders for excavation. And it is an advantage that the operator has good long-range vision.

Danish Construction Channel has posted a video (December 14, 2018) of a giant of a Cat excavator on Youtube:

A custom built Cat 6015B LRE with articulated boom.

The range is stated to be 35 meters, and since the machine is so powerful it gets relatively large stones out there as well.

In the video over nine minutes long, the 220-toner is set to work on building a pier somewhere in Denmark. The machine bears the name of the Dutch company Van Tunen B.V, which since 1959 has been working on drainage machines, maritime digging jobs, mining and mass relocation.

Last edited:
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Almost must have binoculars to see the bucket
This excavator has a total of nine cylinders for excavation. And it is an advantage that the operator has good long-range vision.

Danish Construction Channel has posted a video (December 14, 2018) of a giant of a Cat excavator on Youtube:

A custom built Cat 6015B LRE with articulated boom.

The range is stated to be 35 meters, and since the machine is so powerful it gets relatively large stones out there as well.

In the video over nine minutes long, the 220-toner is set to work on building a pier somewhere in Denmark. The machine bears the name of the Dutch company Van Tunen B.V, which since 1959 has been working on drainage machines, maritime digging jobs, mining and mass relocation.

Lucky he has 3d guidance. I've driven at 22m reach and that was too far away for me to see fine work.
Great machine though, like the variable boom.