D
DaveDCB
Well-known member
Seeing as we are getting afew topics on concrete/ house building lately I thought I’d share my latest conundrum!
*I’m not going to name specific names as I don’t really want this to come up on google search*
To cut a very long (and expensive!!) story short, we basically have a plot(plot lays in a specific area in which all new builds and conversions are now being rejected at planning - I’ve had them passed before but the over ruling body is now dismissing them all) in which we want to build a new house in order to do so we need to build something that doesn’t emit radio signals and cause interference to the ‘university equipment’ I’m going down the class Q route as there is existing buildings but adding the paragraph 79 quality, I just need to prove what I build won’t cause interference to said ‘equipment’
My thoughts are a ‘earth house’ pretty much a concrete reinforced structure covered in earth.. my main issues are I need to prove that this type of construction won’t emit radio signal/inference above a certain Db.. the biggest problem being windows and openings! Common sense tells me 6” of concrete and 2ft of soil won’t let many radio waves through it…!
My question is has anyone worked on anything similar - the nearest thing I can think is military installations ,radio bunkers etc or know of a professor in radio type things?
What I’m thinking - https://www.chron.com/z-archived-ho...an-earth-covered-home-near-Austin-6294739.php
*I’m not going to name specific names as I don’t really want this to come up on google search*
To cut a very long (and expensive!!) story short, we basically have a plot(plot lays in a specific area in which all new builds and conversions are now being rejected at planning - I’ve had them passed before but the over ruling body is now dismissing them all) in which we want to build a new house in order to do so we need to build something that doesn’t emit radio signals and cause interference to the ‘university equipment’ I’m going down the class Q route as there is existing buildings but adding the paragraph 79 quality, I just need to prove what I build won’t cause interference to said ‘equipment’
My thoughts are a ‘earth house’ pretty much a concrete reinforced structure covered in earth.. my main issues are I need to prove that this type of construction won’t emit radio signal/inference above a certain Db.. the biggest problem being windows and openings! Common sense tells me 6” of concrete and 2ft of soil won’t let many radio waves through it…!
My question is has anyone worked on anything similar - the nearest thing I can think is military installations ,radio bunkers etc or know of a professor in radio type things?
What I’m thinking - https://www.chron.com/z-archived-ho...an-earth-covered-home-near-Austin-6294739.php
