Undertaking on motorway…

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
and if plod/DVSA did their jobs and nicked every lane hogger this issue would not arise - end of.
if the lanes to your left are clear you should not be in any other lane -- and get the **** out the way for those that want to use them :mad:
UNLESS the unoccupied lane to your left is a feeder for an upcoming junction/road split ......
otherwise ... GET THE **** OUT OF THE BLOODY WAY :mad:

Story .... (long time ago)
A40 from Aber to Raglan is over 8 miles of DC with no exits/entries between the roundabouts each end.
2 miles out of the Aber end I am overtaken by a mini - I'm doing 70 .... who proceeds to pull in in front of me and slow down ... did this for a couple of miles - I'd overtake, he'd repeat his idiocy .. 'til he eventually overtook and stayed in the outside, slowing down and would not let me past ... after a mile or so I thought "**** this" and slid by him in the nearside lane, at which point he presses a warrant card against his passenger window (he's in Civvies) and gestures for me to pull in ... OK you twonk .. now for some grief.
I was out of my motor beside his, before he'd come to a halt, in the next layby, demanding to see his warrant card, his badge number, his superintendents name and where he was stationed.
He started on at me for undertaking him. After I'd related why, what a *rick he'd been and whether he'd like to come to the police station in Raglan to explain his actions to the copper there (whom I knew well), he ferked off, after I'd promised to take it further with his Super. ... he had a couple of looong weeks, waiting for the hammer to fall. :rolleyes:
Gave it all to the old man and the tw*t ended up back on the beat a few months later in the back of beyond, apparently -- abuse of position is was taken pretty seriously back then :rolleyes: ... and he was known for being a *rick
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
Just look out for the high sided transit undertaking lorries despite being limited to 68mph.🤣
My favourite tactic is to get in front of a lane 3 multi-mile-overtaker just as he’s finally about to get ahead of his lane 2 nemesis and coast down to 55mph to let the lane 2 hooker-strangler undertake. Wait till the selfish lane 3 paedophile has no choice but to pull back into lane 2 (with his lights flashing and his chubby little dick-beaters gesticulating wildly) then Foxtrot Oscar into the distance at a speed of my choosing.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
and if plod/DVSA did their jobs and nicked every lane hogger this issue would not arise - end of.
if the lanes to your left are clear you should not be in any other lane -- and get the **** out the way for those that want to use them :mad:
UNLESS the unoccupied lane to your left is a feeder for an upcoming junction/road split ......
otherwise ... GET THE **** OUT OF THE BLOODY WAY :mad:

Story .... (long time ago)
A40 from Aber to Raglan is over 8 miles of DC with no exits/entries between the roundabouts each end.
2 miles out of the Aber end I am overtaken by a mini - I'm doing 70 .... who proceeds to pull in in front of me and slow down ... did this for a couple of miles - I'd overtake, he'd repeat his idiocy .. 'til he eventually overtook and stayed in the outside, slowing down and would not let me past ... after a mile or so I thought "**** this" and slid by him in the nearside lane, at which point he presses a warrant card against his passenger window (he's in Civvies) and gestures for me to pull in ... OK you twonk .. now for some grief.
I was out of my motor beside his, before he'd come to a halt, in the next layby, demanding to see his warrant card, his badge number, his superintendents name and where he was stationed.
He started on at me for undertaking him. After I'd related why, what a *rick he'd been and whether he'd like to come to the police station in Raglan to explain his actions to the copper there (whom I knew well), he ferked off, after I'd promised to take it further with his Super. ... he had a couple of looong weeks, waiting for the hammer to fall. :rolleyes:
Gave it all to the old man and the tw*t ended up back on the beat a few months later in the back of beyond, apparently -- abuse of position is was taken pretty seriously back then :rolleyes: ... and he was known for being a *rick
omitted to say, I was early twenties, in a white V8 SD1 that'd not long had its first MOT and he was in an old nail of a late 60s mini 850 .... 'ol green eye must've got to him :giggle: ... could've left him for dead in the weeds, but my old man taught me well ... stand your ground, if they'm wrong ;) ...... that road was always well patrolled by traffic in the 80s and never been so disappointed not to see a traffic car come by, to flag down :( .. I knew 'em all :rolleyes:
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
My favourite tactic is to get in front of a lane 3 multi-mile-overtaker just as he’s finally about to get ahead of his lane 2 nemesis and coast down to 55mph to let the lane 2 hooker-strangler undertake. Wait till the selfish lane 3 paedophile has no choice but to pull back into lane 2 (with his lights flashing and his chubby little dick-beaters gesticulating wildly) then Foxtrot Oscar into the distance at a speed of my choosing.
They certainly get the opportunity to excercise all those fancy LED light bars 😉😉...
Prob best to check you've a full tank of fuel and there's a clear road ahead though....
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
They certainly get the opportunity to excercise all those fancy LED light bars 😉😉...
Prob best to check you've a full tank of fuel and there's a clear road ahead though....
I’d take my chances with just about any trucker I’ve encountered tbh, they are normally sweating and blowing out of their arses just climbing down out of the cab!
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
I’d take my chances with just about any trucker I’ve encountered tbh, they are normally sweating and blowing out of their arses just climbing down out of the cab!
I've heard tell that they really don't like it if you bring them to a standstill on a steep af hill...going up into town...one night 😉
 
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
What is the legality of undertaking on a motorway? I want hard facts, along with personal beliefs and general (mis)understandings!

If some plum is dawdling along in the fast lane at 65mph and you come up behind them at 70 in lane 1, 2 (or even 3 on our local ‘smart’ motorways) are you technically allowed to maintain your legal speed and undertake, or do you hold back until they move over to allow you to overtake?

The number of drivers who sit in lane 2 (or 3 when there are 4 lanes) not technically allowing vehicles with trailers past is unbelievable, and really starting to get on my tits!

And don’t get me started on the tiny-testicled sex-pest lorry drivers who spend mile after mile holding everyone else up because their lorry can actually do 56.1 mph. I would gladly drag their fat arses from their curtain-clad wank-dens and put them to sleep on the hard shoulder!!!
Bring it on you tree climbing freak😂😂😂😂
 
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
I've heard tell that they really don't like it if you bring them to a standstill on a steep af hill...going up into town...one night 😉
A good few years ago we where coming home from town on boxing night, it must have been about 3 in the morning. I told the lad driving to pull over, there was a lorry coming up a hill through the village.
I ran out and stopped him mid way up the hill to tell him his tail door was open and he was spilling stuff everywhere........ he was driving a gritter truck🤣🤣
If had got me that night I think he would have buried me like a prostitute 🤣
 
Top